• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need to rewatch the footage, or wait the demo to be sure but seems like the QTE to escape from a zombie grasp takes more time to finish it if you are in Caution/Danger state?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really love the emphasis they're putting in this on how much more skilled and tougher Jill is compared to Leon and Claire

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
maybe have the safe house doors in RE8 electronically lock behind the player?
The issue there is, how do you explain random places having such doors. You'd have to build safe rooms around the idea that they're "safe" and then it can be a bit of a stretch to do that.

Should have went full RE4 and have Jill suplexing zombies.

Agreed, the true potential of RE3 is being missed here.

No it shouldn't have. You can play Resident Evil 5 for that.

Nah, RE5 isn't in RE engine and doesn't have nemesis. So he has a point.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The issue there is, how do you explain random places having such doors. You'd have to build safe rooms around the idea that they're "safe" and then it can be a bit of a stretch to do that.

Agreed, the true potential of RE3 is being missed here.

Nah, RE5 isn't in RE engine and doesn't have nemesis. So he has a point.
No there's no point besides adding action Resident Evil features that weren't in the original game.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
Really love the emphasis they're putting in this on how much more skilled and tougher Jill is compared to Leon and Claire

Well she is a STARS member.

I hate how she's one of the title characters of RE1 and the only mention of RE1 is a throw away line how she's a STARS member.

So sad they didn't try to connect or reference RE1 more

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well she is a STARS member.

I hate how she's one of the title characters of RE1 and the only mention of RE1 is a throw away line how she's a STARS member.

So sad they didn't try to connect or reference RE1 more
Well yea, I'm just happy it's being emphasized in gameplay, even designed around it

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
At 24:50 in the English stream, there's some crazy clipping on the zombie's jacket where his grey shirt continually phases through. Hopefully they patch that. Although I suppose characters clipping through themselves makes it more authentic to the PS1 original, lol.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I fucking love the inclusion of environmental hazards like the red barrels.

Looks absolutely great overall and I really dig the dodge mechanic.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I have a feeling the replayability this time around will be must stronger than REmake 2, or so i hope...

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
At 24:50 in the English stream, there's some crazy clipping on the zombie's jacket where his grey shirt continually phases through. Hopefully they patch that. Although I suppose characters clipping through themselves makes it more authentic to the PS1 original, lol.
Actually I noticed jills arm falling through the steps near Moons Donuts as well lol

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
This is probably nothing, but anyone else notice how the Nemesis cartridges are in two different spots?
There is a separate pic out there with it sitting on a sidewalk near a fire truck. However, I am dumbass and don't know how to link it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having just gone back to Remake 2 yesterday and finishing Claire's A scenario I soo cannot wait for this game to come out now.

I'm starting to think that outside of the first 1/2 hours of the original game I never played it! As I have no memory of anything from this game other than nemesis appearing the first time.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone noticed that some zombies seem to be hidden/kinda sneaky?
I saw Kat evading 2 zombies then she turns around and there're like 5 or 6 behind her.

Oct 30, 2017
This is probably nothing, but anyone else notice how the Nemesis cartridges are in two different spots?
There is a separate pic out there with it sitting on a sidewalk near a fire truck. However, I am dumbass and don't know how to link it.

I just love LOVE how Capcom is back to create a nice good mysterious lore again.

after Code Veronica it felt like they were messing and fucking around with the feelings of "this story and characters and universe is real and all connected somehow together".... they have lost this feelings with RE4.

But now with RE2R and RE3R I'm getting the same old feelings of "wonder".

Hope it continues with RE8 and hopefully RECVR.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE2r was one of my favorite games in a long time, and I played through it 3 times.. But I said again and again the one design problem keeping it back is the lack of any kind of skill based dodge. It put a limit on everything. It forced bosses/enemies to be very simplistic so that there's fair counterplay, and it also forced mr. x to be very slow so that you can always get away, which made him a bit boring after the initial novelty...

RE3r having a full on legit skill based dodge (which some of us saw coming because the original RE3 put in a form of sidestep as well) just makes me so fucking excited for the possibilities with this game. The whole game and how runs will play out and what options you'll have and what options the designers now had for making enemies/encounters has expanded many times over by this, and I'm out of my mind. I can't wait.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This seems to be the one thing Capcom & co. will never be able to fix and just something I guess we have to "accept" as a gamey thing.
I find it a funny game thing but if they don't want that they can have item boxes in the open like in the police station main hall in the future.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite aspects of the Resident Evil series is it's in this weird space of being half realistic, half gamey with how it's all designed. This is a universe where architecture meets game design in a not so subtle way, there's literal puzzles just sitting in city streets and facilities use weirdly designed keys and the like, yet there's weird in-world logic to justify it and as we've had multiple RE games set all over the world at this point it literally just seems this is a normal thing in this world.

I think I have a lot of suspension of disbelief towards the series since one, it often embraces its own goofiness. But I enjoy it and there is a weird consistency among all the entries of how things work which isn't strictly defined by how real world logic works. Now I actually suspect Nemesis may break the safe room rule a couple times, and RE2 already broke it once (when the main hall no longer becomes a safe room), but one of these game-y logic things is that safe rooms are safe spaces monsters can't get into. There's some goofiness in this with Mr. X, but I find it more endearing than anything.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Wish I knew how to post the 2nd pic. They are in completely different spots. It's intriguing even if it means nothing.

xsexsz7s5bc41.png

ESM2B4eXYAErWpa

Edit: added your picture.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it a funny game thing but if they don't want that they can have item boxes in the open like in the police station main hall in the future.

If he behaves somewhat dynamically, as Mr. X does, then you'll have some funny moments for sure, especially if people deliberately try to make them happen.... That said, the fact that he's dynamic and not overly scripted (obviously some scripted things happen with him at key moments) is what makes him so interesting to begin with

Oct 25, 2017
I just love LOVE how Capcom is back to create a nice good mysterious lore again.

after Code Veronica it felt like they were messing and fucking around with the feelings of "this story and characters and universe is real and all connected somehow together".... they have lost this feelings with RE4.

RE5 had a lot of it prerelease but then nothing of it was significant in the final game.

That young White girl you try to go after early in the game for example had huge ARG and lore stuff set up as a mystery

That's not even mentioning "tube girl" Jill
cfSio9q4pNjYN3xFgekvahRUbn08XHjDY9pCtgXNTatPnVs3YbMjIb4s4Mcg15ROMfR68Y0BU_oXKw1keSG7bf8mxpSxSmQd5cziKf0SCUnEiUh8eNrm6czGTh3oXkgvPVQ8KXQ8m-BC

which was a point of discussion nearly at Metal Gear Solid levels
Sherry was the popular thought I think

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the jewel goes into the "clocktower comemoration" thing. It does remind me of the places you put the jewels in RE3...

gems.jpg
yea seems so.

One of my favorite aspects of the Resident Evil series is it's in this weird space of being half realistic, half gamey with how it's all designed. This is a universe where architecture meets game design in a not so subtle way, there's literal puzzles just sitting in city streets and facilities use weirdly designed keys and the like, yet there's weird in-world logic to justify it and as we've had multiple RE games set all over the world at this point it literally just seems this is a normal thing in this world.

I think I have a lot of suspension of disbelief towards the series since one, it often embraces its own goofiness. But I enjoy it and there is a weird consistency among all the entries of how things work which isn't strictly defined by how real world logic works. Now I actually suspect Nemesis may break the safe room rule a couple times, and RE2 already broke it once (when the main hall no longer becomes a safe room), but one of these game-y logic things is that safe rooms are safe spaces monsters can't get into. There's some goofiness in this with Mr. X, but I find it more endearing than anything.

I noticed that the scene where Nemesis shows up in the subway, he's just walked downstairs from the safe room, but that's a scripted thing so might not mean anything.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019

Agreed would be cool to get some unexpected surprises
xsexsz7s5bc41.png

ESM2B4eXYAErWpa

Thank you so much. Always have a hard time posting pics for some reason. Although I guess this kinda squashes any kind of intrigue. The disaster poster is in the background of both pics, even if the cartridges are in different spots

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Agreed would be cool to get some unexpected surprises

Thank you so much. Always have a hard time posting pics for some reason. Although I guess this kinda squashes any kind of intrigue. The disaster poster is in the background of both pics, even if the cartridges are in different spots

They're really close by even if they are on different placements. I wonder why that is?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xsexsz7s5bc41.png

ESM2B4eXYAErWpa

I'm guessing a truck blocks off that part of the street at some point because the fire truck, the black car and the pod are in the same place in both pics.

EDIT: The pod is a little more in the middle of the road in the second pic so either it does move or the two pics are from different points in development and they moved the pod for some reason. I still think the only major change is that a truck blocks off the street.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing a truck blocks off that part of the street at some point because the fire truck, the black car and the pod are in the same place in both pics.

EDIT: The pod is a little more in the middle of the road in the second pic so either it does move or the two pics are from different points in development and they moved the pod for some reason. I still think the only major change is that a truck blocks off the street.

I don't think it's blocking anything important other than the view. RE characters aren't very good at getting over the smallest of obstacles so you don't need something huge like that.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
The game will have a twist that there's actually 2 nemesis models running around

vlcsnap-2019-02-01-11h14m46s071.png

I just caught your edit, the two different points in development is what I reckon it is. If it changes per gameplay session that'd be interesting.