• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Mr X and Nemesis, the shining alumni of Kool-Aid University
RightDrearyFanworms-size_restricted.gif

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm hyped as fuck but this gif actually looks really stupid to me. Almost looks like a glitch, that's how ridiculous that entrance is.
Same. The first time I saw it play out I thought it actually looks pretty bad. I thought the gif was initially made to highlight how bad it looked, not that it was worth praising.

Still very excited for the game. That's probably just some minor issue in what will otherwise be a fun time.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks fun. Nemesis is going to be a nightmare until I learn optimal routes. I hope this game is like other Resident Evils where if you clear the game with a certain ranking you unlock an insane weapon. Just so I can take a rocket launcher or something to him every time he shows his face. It was super cathartic with Mr. X, and I can only imagine how much fun it would be to oneshot this beast.

The only thing I'm kind of not sold on yet is the multiplayer. I've just never really liked multiplayer modes in this franchise. Hopefully it is something I can completely avoid and still 100% the game.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
wait what?

did he just call Jill deadweight.

Uh-oh.
I actually love the scene with Nikolai. Character spoilers for those who don't know the original RE3.

Nikolai is projecting the Hell out of the situation and being a little bitch. In this scene he's already legitimately shot and killed his partner for being a person prioritizing saving other people, Nikolai is literally killing his team mates for his own benefit. And he projects someone else getting involved as danger to what he's up to, and projects onto her the threat that he actually is.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I actually love the scene with Nikolai. Character spoilers for those who don't know the original RE3.

Nikolai is projecting the Hell out of the situation and being a little bitch. In this scene he's already legitimately shot and killed his partner for being a person prioritizing saving other people, Nikolai is literally killing his team mates for his own benefit. And he projects someone else getting involved as danger to what he's up to, and projects onto her the threat that he actually is.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Nikolai knows that Nemesis is targeting S.T.A.R.S members. He really is not fond of being anywhere near close to Jill since he can easily die from the collateral damage that Nemesis brings with his pursuit.

There's a lot of nuance you catch with Nikolai after beating RE3 which is great.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if all the debris on the right flew up in the air or broke apart when he slid past....would have been nuts. Still looks amazing.
That's what Zen 2 CPU's are for. The aging Jaguars are already stretched thin issuing so many draw calls in a branching semi open world hub like Raccoon City with multiple zombies onscreen

Oct 27, 2017
The Live Selection feature The side game The Mercenaries: Operation Mad Jackal will not be in the remake. Kawata says they focused on the single-player content, with Resident Evil: Resistance as the replayable content. original RE3 is not in the remake, and Sakata reiterates Kawata's point about the replay value being in Resident Evil: Resistance. Of course, there is replay value in the single-player campaign, but not via scenario differences. Sakata mentions that this was something the team really thought hard about before deciding to cut it out

God damn it man. Why do they assume everyone cares about multi-player??? People replayed the original cause it was very randomized and fun to replay and see the different scenarios.

And Mad Jackal being replaced sucks. It was the most unique mercenaries mode and I loved playing as the mercs saving civilians, killing everyone on your way to the exit.

I would have been fine with RE Resistance being with the game but not at the cost of the above. What a disappointment.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
No mercenaries in favor of resistance? That's a huge bummer. Maybe it will come as a ghost survivors esque free dlc?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I still can't get over that leap. God, everything shown in the preview looks so damn awesome.

Really bummed out that they are so focused on Resistance being the replayable content through, as I am not a fan of asymmetrical MP. Wish Mercenaries was around at least. :/

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
this looks so fucking good I can't.

The people behind these two remakes are 100% equipped to properly remake RE4. Fuck yes they are. Everyone needs to stop saying that RE4 doesn't need a remake or that no one could do it justice. The people behind these games know what the fuck they are doing.
Absolutely this. Personally I want Code Veronica but imagine Dino Crisis or Onimusha remade by these guys, oh my god.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I hope more people give Resistance a chance. It might not be what some of you asked for, but it's a lot of fun especially with friends. The team is listening to feedback heavily and I have the feeling they have a lot of cool things for us in store.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I hope more people give Resistance a chance. It might not be what some of you asked for, but it's a lot of fun especially with friends. The team is listening to feedback heavily and I have the feeling they have a lot of cool things for us in store.

My biggest gripe with sacrificing single player mini-games / various alternative routes in single player campaign for a multiplayer component is that... it's a multiplayer game. Not everyone likes playing with other people, and multiplayer games eventually die - sometimes it takes years or months, and sometimes it's just weeks.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Heads-up, though this isn't confirmation, this is a potential enemy spoiler for REmake 3 so I'm going to spoiler tag it, be warned even if a bit vague.

There's almost definitely new monsters in RE3 who weren't in the original game. Something I heard like a year ago and a few comments from some of the preview people who played the two hour slice of the game made me think it may be the case, but the Resident Evil Database (who did get to play it) strongly hinted there's a new monster in the two hours they played they're not allowed to talk about, confirmed it's not the Grave Digger, Worms, original Hunter, and highly hinted it's a brand new thing but it; leaves quite an impression.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Heads-up, though this isn't confirmation, this is a potential enemy spoiler for REmake 3 so I'm going to spoiler tag it, be warned even if a bit vague.

There's almost definitely new monsters in RE3 who weren't in the original game. Something I heard like a year ago and a few comments from some of the preview people who played the two hour slice of the game made me think it may be the case, but the Resident Evil Database (who did get to play it) strongly hinted there's a new monster in the two hours they played they're not allowed to talk about, confirmed it's not the Grave Digger, Worms, original Hunter, and highly hinted it's a brand new thing but it; leaves quite an impression.

Hot diggy dang, your leaks never ever fail to make me hype.
I also heard yesterday, on multiple previews, that Capcom said they didn't cut any monsters this time. But I won't believe it until I see it, personally.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018

Wonder if this ties in with what they talk about on the RPS impressions vid, that Nemesis has a new trick that 'empowers zombies,' but they couldn't talk about it. I hope he grabs them and launches them at you.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Yeah, remasters that 99% of people will struggle to tell the difference with and need a YT comparison vid with running commentary to make sure we realise what those differences are?
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭, I still can't tell the difference between the regular version of Code Veronica and the ports to 360/PS3

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Glad to see assisted mode is back. The most fun playthrough of REmake2 I had was on assisted with the HUD and sights completely off. Really atmospheric without being overwhelming

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm somewhat concerned I will not enjoy this game as much, but will probably get it day one unless reviews are terrible, which I doubt. Hate near-invincible bullet-sponge enemies no matter the game so did not enjoy how Mr. X was given a larger role in RE2R. Another reason why I enjoyed Claire's scenario more than Leon's
since I at least did not have to bother with him more after orphanage, plus Claire didn't have to kill him.
Jill looks as cool as Claire though.
I find it quite silly with Nemesis tbh, but it is great that there is still some reward in taking him down. I think he looks quite silly (Mr. X is no better), is OP but can't be bothered to be efficient in killing Jill. Why does he even bother with e.g. the flame thrower, does he hold fire shows in his spare time? Really weird "killing machine" Umbrella has designed.
Back in the day I enjoyed RE2 over RE3 (still hold RE1 remake as a much better game than those) but after watching recent speedruns I have hope for the puzzles and gunpowder stuff, really hope they don't oversimplify those mechanics. I also hope it is not too much outdoor open areas as they mostly show off. I prefer fleshed out weird Spencer mansions and RPD stations.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Sweet! I know the Easy Allies preview said there were things in the demo they were not allowed to talk about

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis seems annoying so far. I'm not sure. The tentacle attack better be dodgeable. And the jump in front should have some downside risk to him. Otherwise I feel like it could create a lot of looping around in hallways.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Think the only thing I was disappointed in yesterday was the Drain Demios being so small. They looked a lot cooler in the screenshots. Only other thing I am iffy about is the dodge mechanic. It looks really cool, but I hope it's something doesn't turn out to be a necessity to learn/master to power through the game. Otherwise, everything yesterday looked awesome, and I am waiting for Michael Does Life's thoughts before fully completing my own thoughts.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Think the only thing I was disappointed in yesterday was the Drain Demios being so small. They looked a lot cooler in the screenshots. Only other thing I am iffy about is the dodge mechanic. It looks really cool, but I hope it's something doesn't turn out to be a necessity to learn/master to power through the game. Otherwise, everything yesterday looked awesome, and I am waiting for Michael Does Life's thoughts before fully completing my own thoughts.

I feel like those are just the child. Wait for mother Drain demos.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Nemesis seems annoying so far. I'm not sure. The tentacle attack better be dodgeable. And the jump in front should have some downside risk to him. Otherwise I feel like it could create a lot of looping around in hallways.

It's definitely dodgable. Just look of how much information the game gives you. The attack is clearly telegraphed, you only do that to allow the player to respond properly. Indeed, even when you are running away from Nemesis, you can see the tentacles first go beyond Jill at the side of the screen to only later grab her. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also a telltale for you to be able to dodge it.

Not to mention, look at the resume of the people working on this game. They know how to properly implement a dodge mechanic.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I hope the dash turns out to be faster than running and we end up with everyone just dashing around instead of running, it'll probably at least be faster for climbing stairs.

But not as quickly, so a lot of bargain bin sales, while RE2 sold a ton at full price or close to it.
It sold more at launch at full price than RE2 did, it just didn't meet Capcom's expectations, unlike 2 which did so while selling less.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Not really impressed by Nemesis animations. They lack impact and gravity. He also sometimes slides comically from a distance.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Not really impressed by Nemesis animations. They lack impact and gravity. He also sometimes slides comically from a distance.
I wonder if the animations work better when actually playing. For example, the ganado in RE4 have some goofy animations circling the player, but when actually playing it works nicely since you need those lulls to react, etc.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭, I still can't tell the difference between the regular version of Code Veronica and the ports to 360/PS3
The 360 and PS3 version runs on the MT Framework engine and has actual lighting. The difference is quite massive at times.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the animations work better when actually playing. For example, the ganado in RE4 have some goofy animations circling the player, but when actually playing it works nicely since you need those lulls to react, etc.
He is probably just going to act like an advanced Mr. X when he follows you and the crazy animations are reserved for the actual boss fights with him like the flamethrower fight.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely dodgable. Just look of how much information the game gives you. The attack is clearly telegraphed, you only do that to allow the player to respond properly. Indeed, even when you are running away from Nemesis, you can see the tentacles first go beyond Jill at the side of the screen to only later grab her. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also a telltale for you to be able to dodge it.

Not to mention, look at the resume of the people working on this game. They know how to properly implement a dodge mechanic.
I don't need a resume, I need gameplay. So far I didn't see any successful dodges. It could be that the players are new but the game informer footage I would say looked almost frustrating. They'd run from nemesis, he'd pull them down. Then they'd be stunlocked on the ground while nemesis did nothing. Then they get up and run away. He then jumps in front of them. Then they turn around or try to run past him. Then he tentacles them again. Hope it's just new players.

Also his footfalls should be much louder. I said this during the last trailer.