• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't seem to aim for shit for some reason. I wasn't as near a bad in RE2

And took Nemesis down with 1 grenade.

and man that inventory space. That's going to be rough.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I got it.

All you need to do is to make MAG ammo (high gunpowder + high gunpowder) and then talk with Mikhail again in the subway station. The last doll will appear in the rooftop you can access on foot, in between a "clear in progress" sign, a dead zombie and an orange elevator.
:O
A magnum for the demo would've been a great reward.

Nov 13, 2017
I had to jump into my stream so I didn't get to post the final update on the Mr Charlie dolls.

The 20th doll is triggered by creating magnum rounds and then visiting Mikhail to hear his dialogue about sending Carlos to clear rubble from the tracks. Once you hear this dialogue, go back up to the street, up the escape ladder near the fire hydrant, and you'll see that the yellow-vested corpse has moved a few feet to a sign that says CLEANUP IN PROGRESS. The statue is here as well. To make magnum ammo, combine two High-Grade Gunpowder containers (1 in the Supermarket, 1 in the Pharmacy).

Dec 6, 2017
US
Felt very bad to mash until the circle was complete and then still get bit. wtf?

I don't get this either. All my gaming memory tells me when a button prompt pops up and I "win" by filling the bar, I get a reward. I guess the reward is not getting damaged as much but it feels weird that you still get bit at all after, no matter what the reason for it is. I filled the fucking bar like you asked me to, game, gtfo.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Very disappointed with not having dolby atmos or even 7.1 to choose.

I also had really hoped that the animation frame rate of the zombies at distance would be able to be selected for full speed if your pc could do it as it looks stupid and my pc can definitely manage.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I was worried we were not gonna end up with quality meme potential as Mr X had, but fortunately Capcpm has seen fit to give Nemesis all of Spidermans powers.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
? I know pudgy guys with more boob jiggle than this.
It's not super egregious, since you have to really be looking for it during normal gameplay. To me it's just a matter of why go through the effort to include that?
Can't seem to aim for shit for some reason. I wasn't as near a bad in RE2
I'm playing on PC with a DS4 and the acceleration curve for aiming is borked. There's the aim assist feature but I haven't messed with that yet.

I see screen space reflections are as glitchy as ever. There must be something inherent to the RE Engine that needs to be fixed, if possible.

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so good. The environment is so packed with detail -- I just get caught up looking at everything. In 4k on a large TV it's glorious.

Gunplay remains great, shotgun could possibly be a bit juicier this time compared to the somewhat underwhelming shotgun of RE2rm. Jill is sassy and looks great.

Love the quickstep mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Right before the attack hits you. That's why Nemesis (and the best Dark Souls bosses) have attacks with slow build up. It keeps you waiting because you know you can't do it to soon. You have to wait for the last moment. And then they mix those with attacks that are very fast, like the one in the gif just posted.

Got it, thanks!

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On PC, I think the game looks and runs better than RE2, which I wasn't expecting from the trailer footage (it looked rough). The game has some nice feedback to the shots and enemies don't seem to have mires of health to get through, unlike RE2 - yet Jill has tons of ammo, so it's almost like they overcorrected? Maybe it works better with late game enemy makeup.

I don't understand why you have a super powerful and easy to use dodge attack and then a bunch of directional dodges that don't seem to prevent Jill from being grabbed by a zombie. Like, what is their utility? Nemesis didn't really give me chase because I put him down kind of easily. I wonder if his moveset will be trickier in the final game.

As far as the storytelling, we don't have much to go on but Jill is kind of miserable and unlikable but whatever.

Interested to try the EZ mode and also find all 20 bobbles.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Tried the demo on steam and the TAA really kills the image quality. Also the texture settings is strange if you pick 6gb the game goes over 10gb for me, but the game still ran fine, any reason to pick the 8gb setting?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I remember this being obnoxious in the RE2 remake as well, but even with the dodge, the way some zombies suddenly homing-lunge at you is super annoying.

I get that there has to be 'some' sense of danger from them, but having them suddenly lunge forward from well out of normal grab range and go directly at you is just....bleargh.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Ugh, I remember this being obnoxious in the RE2 remake as well, but even with the dodge, the way some zombies suddenly homing-lunge at you is super annoying.

If you dodge past them, even if you don't get the Perfect Dodge, you'll struggle out of their grasp without damage. Always be dodgin'.

Also, this game is good. That is all.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I stick without aim assist, I got better with it over time. Gameplay is actually really good, Jill feels slightly more nimble to control and runs a bit faster. Evasion mechanic is golden and will lead to excellent speedruns.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
really baffled that capcom hasnt done anything to improve the awful forced mouse accel that was already in re2.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I dont know why some people were saying here that the HDR is good in this game

It's as shitty as RE 2, as expected

I loved the environments, exploring the city will be awesome. Artistically it's much more complex than RE 2 already.

The dodge mechanic feels good, and complements the overrall gameplay really well

It's shaping up to be a gem, even better than RE 2

Oct 25, 2017
1hwJ8U1.gif

Nemesis: "Oooh fuck this! I'm out, bitches!"

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Is the perfect dodge mechanic tied to framerate? Either the window is too fucking short or I have some mad input delay. Nemesis' window is more lenient (for balance reasons) but doing it on a zambo just seems more luck than skill. I'm playing on XB1 by the way.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With how tight the dodging is, hunters are going to be amazing. Imagine dodging a leap and then shooting it of the air during the slow mo. *Drools*.

I do wonder how well the game will be recieved by people trying to play this like RE2. This is an action game through and through (just like the original RE3).

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes you do need to use it. You're telling me they didn't design the game with the dodge in mind?

No. I play first round without using it at all. And it play just like RE2. Only realize it later so I try to use it on second play. Feel different. And it doesn't really make the game easier because u have to time it right. Dodging kind of reward u if u r success and punish u if u fail. So use it or leave it. The only thing that givr u extra is the slow motion headshot once u successfully implement it.

Dodging wotn always work in many situation where there are hordes of zombie and with Nemesis nearby. U get bitten straight away after rolling into another one. So you better be careful when and where to use it. They won't design the whole game to be dodge fiasco. Most of the time u still need to be careful a plan your strategy very similar to the old game still. Dodge exist since original RE3 and most of the people play through without even use one.

So no. U dotn need to use it. It won't make game less fun. I passed first time without using it. I died second time trying to use it too much. There is no situation or design pattern that force you to use it to pass.

Last edited: