• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What I loved about the Live Action choices is that it really showed how capable and resourceful Jill was. A lot of the choices involved her being smart, thiking fast and being decisive. That can't be lost.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Would be awesome if there is a remixed difficulty with some of the RE2 enemies since they're being used for the online mode.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more inclined to believe the Community Manager then a random leaker from 4chan, but we'll see.
I'm not going against what she said though? Could mean there's just no live action choice that stops time. It's up to you to do anything. The tools are there for it to work, you just have to find them yourself instead of being given a choice.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I'm not going against what she said though? Could mean there's just no live action choice that stops time. It's up to you to do anything. The tools are there for it to work, you just have to find them yourself instead of being given a choice.
This. That's exactly what I thought of as well. There's just not something popping up on the screen giving you your options. I thought the same thing after I read that "leak" today. You are still getting live action choices, you make them instead of button selecting one.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, the choice system was trash anyways. In the end, the only thing it gave you was a fragmented story.

Yeah this. One of Carlos's best scenes in the original is hidden behind an option that most people probably won't go for. It just ruins the overall narrative of the game and hurts the characters and their development.

Besides, you'll no doubt have a ton of replay value from how you explore the city and how you tackle situations.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Are you guys talking about the "I'll give you stars" line?

Because I'm like 99% sure Jill won't say it in the Remake.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I think they thought you were talking about the live action movies?
I think there was something lost in translation here, SofNascimento is talking about Live Selection gameplay from the original RE3 game. McBryBry is talking about the Live-Action Resident Evil films, where in the final film a lot of the actual game characters were killed off-screen.
WOOP yep I certainly started reading at a bad time lmao, my bad SofNascimento I liked Jill in the first live action movie she showed up in and went from there hahahaha

All is well that ends well!

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I played through RE3 again the other day to get hyped for this remake.

Well. Unfortunately I still have the same opinion of the game. It's one of the weakest mainline titles. It's extremely linear, the puzzles are pathetic and it hasn't got any atmosphere apart from a couple of areas. Which brings me to my next point. The small forgettable areas are this games downfall and that's why it doesn't stick in your memory much. There's no heart in RE3 and it stands out like a sore thumb.

However, I was thinking of the remake and this game needs a remake for good reason. To redeem itself. Become the better game. I think the OTS perspective will work in this games favour. Add to that a more tense experience with nemesis and it could work really well.

So yeah I'm hyped for the remake but in the hope they can make us forget about the original. Because it's still a bit shit and a totally forgettable experience.

IMO

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, the choice system was trash anyways. In the end, the only thing it gave you was a fragmented story.
Someone didn't play RE3. It did so much more than that. Enemy placements, Nemesis location encounters, a Nemesis boss battle, puzzle solutions, item placements could all changed depending on choices the player made. In addition to numerous different cutscenes and replay value available.

If R3make is a one playthrough and done story, that is huge steps backwards.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I played through RE3 again the other day to get hyped for this remake.

Well. Unfortunately I still have the same opinion of the game. It's one of the weakest mainline titles. It's extremely linear, the puzzles are pathetic and it hasn't got any atmosphere apart from a couple of areas. Which brings me to my next point. The small forgettable areas are this games downfall and that's why it doesn't stick in your memory much. There's no heart in RE3 and it stands out like a sore thumb.

However, I was thinking of the remake and this game needs a remake for good reason. To redeem itself. Become the better game. I think the OTS perspective will work in this games favour. Add to that a more tense experience with nemesis and it could work really well.

So yeah I'm hyped for the remake but in the hope they can make us forget about the original. Because it's still a bit shit and a totally forgettable experience.

IMO

tumblr_ojl21sknmz1slmr63o1_540.gif

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Someone didn't play RE3. It did so much more than that. Enemy placements, Nemesis location encounters, a Nemesis boss battle, puzzle solutions, item placements could all changed depending on choices the player made. In addition to numerous different cutscenes and replay value available.

If R3make is a one playthrough and done story, that is huge steps backwards.

I did play it, multiple times.
Enemy placements and Item placement are independent of the choice system. Most of the choices are just "Fight Nemesis or run"
Next you're gonna tell me the "Climb up or Jump down" choice is essential to the game ?

I don't even know why I bother arguing with someone who hates the remakes just for the sake of it.
If you want to play the original RE3, no one stopping you.
But a lot of people want a new experience based upon the original. Not a carbon-copy.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did play it, multiple times.
Enemy placements and Item placement are independent of the choice system. Most of the choices are just "Fight Nemesis or run"
Next you're gonna tell me the "Climb up or Jump down" choice is essential to the game ?

I don't even know why I bother arguing with someone who hates the remakes just for the sake of it.
If you want to play the original RE3, no one stopping you.
But a lot of people want a new experience based upon the original. Not a carbon-copy.

Sorry but you apparently know shit in how RE3 works if you believe what you are typing.
A lot of stuff that gets called random isn't random and in fact based on player decisions.
A really simple example is depending if you go to the restaurant or news office first the location of the green gem will change, the location of gunpowder ammo will change, a Nemesis encounter will change and between the two locations there is about 9 or 10 variations in cutscenes available between either taking place in different locations or with 3 variations in dialogue between Jill and Carlos.

That is a single player choice.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Sorry but you apparently know shit in how RE3 works if you believe what you are typing.
A lot of stuff that gets called random isn't random and in fact based on player decisions.
A really simple example is depending if you go to the restaurant or news office first the location of the green gem will change, the location of gunpowder ammo will change, a Nemesis encounter will change and between the two locations there is about 9 or 10 variations in cutscenes available between either taking place in different locations or with 3 variations in dialogue between Jill and Carlos.

That is a single player choice.

That's funny because Restaurant or News office isn't part of the Live Selection that we're talking about. You don't have some binary choice to make, you just go where you wanna go first, that's all. That's what the Community Manager said the "choices" will be like.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's funny because Restaurant or News office isn't part of the Live Selection that we're talking about. You don't have some binary choice to make, you just go where you wanna go first, that's all. That's what the Community Manager said the "choices" will be like.
Don't try and move the goalposts. If you still want to be schooled...

Depending the 'Live selection' choice in the substation, a Nemesis encounter can change locations, a puzzle answer can change, ammo location can change, additional cutscenes can happen.

Live Selection on Tram, the location of numerous items in the clock tower change, cutscenes change, the Nemesis boss fight can change. Depending on which version you play a puzzle answer can change.

They don't all have big impacts, but plenty of them do and can splinter into even more differences based on what was done before them and what you do after them.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I used to want really faithful REmakes, but StallionDan has made me glad they ditching stuff like live selection. Guys posts are just so fucking sad.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She mentions choices tho, they just won't be with the screen pausing and breaking the flow (not like anyone was expecting that... right?).
Maybe the choices will be seamless now, like you can fight Nemesis a bit in the RPD courtyard but you can enter the station anytime during the fight.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

The city looks so much more colorful and alive.
It would be really cool if, as the game goes on, you start seeing less people and more infected, with the city slowly dying around you.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's a great shot. Yeah I'm loving the city in this, it looks so good. The original is my favourite location in an RE game so my hopes are high for the remake's take on it but so far it looks like they're killing it. Loving the neon and the amount of civilians.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017

The city looks so much more colorful and alive.
It would be really cool if, as the game goes on, you start seeing less people and more infected, with the city slowly dying around you.

Agreed.

I really love that they put in survivors in the remake. It really does emphasize that the outbreak has just happened compared to RE2R which is a few days later.

Last edited:

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
I don't want the game spoiled for me but I would like to see a little bit of the game being played, surely there is a section that is non spoilery

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Who are these mother fuckers who dont want that STARS line in. Are you dead inside?
This is Resident Evil. The writing has never been good.
Are you guys talking about the "I'll give you stars" line?

Because I'm like 99% sure Jill won't say it in the Remake.
The STARS line is pretty satisfying after all the shit you go through with Nemesis so I'd say it's pretty good writing.

Yeah man I really hope they keep it EXACTLY how it was said in the original.That's the main thing I'd really want unchanged from the original. I guess I'd settle for a play on the line but ugh. For the love of all 90's pop culture I think it's essential.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
There's a way to do the "You want Stars? I'll give you stars" and not have it be completely cornball, with the right delivery and context you can make it work, Jill just needs to sound incredibly fed up and done with Nemesis's shit, splice it up with some dramatic camera cuts, Yeah they can make it work.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
As much as i love the negative screen effect and the hearbeat sound,most of those live action options were gameplay decisions that you take as a player all the time.
The cable car and the bridge leading to the old factory are the only ones that can change your path a little bit iirc.
Most those choices just made very small changes in item placement and some encounters with nemesis.
I don't need a glorified text box to choose between fighting nemesis or just run away.
You could take something like the nemesis encounter at the top of the clock tower and turn it into a bossfight with unique mechanics/interact with objects in the enviroment to make him fall off the tower instead of just 'throw that cable in the puddle or blind him so you can push him off,that's it you won'.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Love that city shot with all those civilians running around. The lack of streets in RE2R will be forgiven if they greatly expand the streets in RE3R. The OG RE3's streets just felt like small alleyways. RE's best locations are the ones that can be most relatable to everyday life that look like they've been lived in. I'm excited to see what they did with the Clocktower, Construction Site and Umbrella Factory. Hope they add in some Outbreak locations too like the Hotel.

Jul 24, 2018
Well there is a reason why Capcom call them ''reimagining''. ;p

After RE2 it was clear that some things will get cut, while they can add some new content.
My problem with the RE2 Remake is that there wasn't much new content to compensate for the stuff that didn't make it in. Like the new enemies they haD planned for the orphanage etc. I love the replay value of RE2 and RE3 and I was kinda hoping they'd expand upon that stuff which they didn't do for the A & B scenarios, so omitting the live selections just seems like a massive deal breaker for me unless they've actually something to replace it that adds more replay value.