• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Someone on 4chan is claiming to have the magazine, but I wouldn't trust it they aint posting any scans, could be true though.
niXmjnE.png

Although I'm not a fan of more weapons for Nemmie, I'm not totally against it. The rest is too good to be true. So I don't buy it just yet.

I mean, why not post the full cover or something to prove the guy has access to the magazine?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If this comes from the magazine, why post it on 4chan? I really doubt the validity tbh.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Although I'm not a fan of more weapons for Nemmie, I'm not totally against it. The rest is too good to be true. So I don't buy it just yet.

I mean, why not post the full cover or something to prove the guy has access to the magazine?

Person's lying through their teeth, none of that is mentioned in the issue. Though there is mention of an 'interesting' playable section for Carlos.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Here's what I'm expecting so far, and it's not confirmed, just sort of a bet:

- No more choices
- Only one ending
- Sense of horror isn't as strong as in the original (even though both RE3s are more action than RE2s)
- Will have inferior animation to RE2
- Will have new weapons but also lack certain old weapons.
- Still no spiders (both because it's costly to rig spiders enough that it won't justify it, and because devs now consider it "goofy")
- Carlos will have a new segment and it'll not be as good as everything else.
- Will also have an unmemorable soundtrack remaster.
- Many puzzles in the original game have been replaced with nothing.

Not to say it'll be shit but all of these detriments are things I expect on top of a game that is more or less the way RE2 was, which is a pretty good game.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So uh... the thing about RE is that, even if it tries its best to just have a good story it's RE and RE never truly excelled at story. It's kind of wasted focus to drop actual game elements to perfect the scenario IMO.

Well, that's your opinion.
While it's true that Resident Evil's writing has never been really good, the characters are great. And in the original, a lot of character interaction where hidden behind the Live Selection, some really neat scene where totally missed by a lot of people, which is a shame.
Also, it's not like the choices changed the whole game, it's mostly just "flee or stay" where the pay-off is mostly "Which scene are you going to miss this time".
That's why I think it's for the better. Live Selection was a gimmick that removed more then it added.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
While it's true that Resident Evil's writing has never been really good, the characters are great. And in the original, a lot of character interaction where hidden behind the Live Selection, some really neat scene where totally missed by a lot of people, which is a shame.
And you get that because the game is very brief and heavily invites replaying it. A linear game doesn't. I can't think of a single linear game that I played again with less than 6 months in between because I know how much I need to revisit. Meanwhile I played Mass Effect, RE2 and Witcher 2 multiple times over because of their choice selection that made me ponder what I could've seen if I did other things.

I just wish developers would play to the strengths of video games more whenever they decide to overly linearize them.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
And you get that because the game is very brief and heavily invites replaying it. A linear game doesn't. I can't think of a single linear game that I played again with less than 6 months in between because I know how much I need to revisit. Meanwhile I played Mass Effect, RE2 and Witcher 2 multiple times over because of their choice selection that made me ponder what I could've seen if I did other things.

I just wish developers would play to the strengths of video games more whenever they decide to overly linearize them.

Not everyone has time to invest in replaying the same game over and over again.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Cannot wait for this game. I want the Jill Collector's Edition but it is all sold out.

I just hope the game isn't ruined or is as bad as RE2 Remake - Mr X was very annoying part of that game. They should have kept him like he was back in the original.

Hopefully Nemesis won't be abused here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cannot wait for this game. I want the Jill Collector's Edition but it is all sold out.

I just hope the game isn't ruined or is as bad as RE2 Remake - Mr X was very annoying part of that game. They should have kept him like he was back in the original.

Hopefully Nemesis won't be abused here.
Hopefully they take everything from the remake of 2.

Because the Remake is far superior to the original.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Hopefully they take everything from the remake of 2.

Because the Remake is far superior to the original.
Opinions... we all have them and we should.

I prefer original RE2 1998 over this REMAKE. The Remake was excellent. I loved it but it doesn't come close to the original.

I guess I just love Pre-Rendered Backgrounds with Tank Controls. For me THAT is RE. Like the RE1 and RE0 was done on GameCube.

But I believe they will do what you want, as the new fans are more important and the game sold really well. So you will love RE3 Remake.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
One new tidbit of information I could spot was the confirmation that Resistance replaces The Mercenaries mode (at least in the base game, could be coming as DLC later on?)

Edit: also Pete Fabiano confirms the game is not open world but is much more explorable than the original.

No Mercenaries? D:

DDD:

This is legitimately crushing. I had doubts multiple endings/live selection would make it in (especially since so many of the live selection scenarios can be woven more seamlessly into gameplay anyway) but Mercenaries REALLY had a chance to shine, and it hasn't been in any RE game in almost a decade.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
No Mercenaries? D:

DDD:

This is legitimately crushing. I had doubts multiple endings/live selection would make it in (especially since so many of the live selection scenarios can be woven more seamlessly into gameplay anyway) but Mercenaries REALLY had a chance to shine, and it hasn't been in any RE game in almost a decade.
I really hoped for Mercenaries as well, but I think it's either being released as DLC down the road (I remember Dusk Golem saying the mode was being worked on) or they are going to release it as a stand-alone game, like what Project Resistance looked like to be initially.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Mercenaries is devastating but expected. RIP my dreams of having Leon playable in this new Raccoon City area

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah I didn't expect Mercenaries to be included after Resistance was announced as being a part of RE3. Seemed to me liked they'd replaced it with that. Resistance looks trash but tbf RE3 Mercenaries wasn't anything special either.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Here's what I'm expecting so far, and it's not confirmed, just sort of a bet:

- No more choices
- Only one ending
- Sense of horror isn't as strong as in the original (even though both RE3s are more action than RE2s)
- Will have inferior animation to RE2
- Will have new weapons but also lack certain old weapons.
- Still no spiders (both because it's costly to rig spiders enough that it won't justify it, and because devs now consider it "goofy")
- Carlos will have a new segment and it'll not be as good as everything else.
- Will also have an unmemorable soundtrack remaster.
- Many puzzles in the original game have been replaced with nothing.

Not to say it'll be shit but all of these detriments are things I expect on top of a game that is more or less the way RE2 was, which is a pretty good game.

lol wtf is this?
This basically reads like a 'Everything Sucks' list...

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol the magazine spoils how Murphy dies (it's totally different now)

I like the little thing on Brad. Makes it seem like that no one believes Nemmy is after him until it's too late lol. Also says that he puts his neck on the line for his teammate so I'm expecting a heroic death for him to make you feel sorry for him when you put down his zombie

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE2 also scaled back on several things from the original like the different interactions and cut-scenes from the original depending on which character did the A or B route. I don't mind this similar scaleback for RE3.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
That's understandable, I think your original phrasing made it sound like you thought the whole game was bad and/or ruined.
No No. I loved it and enjoyed it a lot, but in Survival Horror games, it is fun to walk around and look for more survival equipment and take your time but Mr X wouldn't let me. I had to run and run and run and run. It made the game too fast paced for my liking.

But I did enjoy it a lot. Lovely game and going to finish it again before RE3 Remake release.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is. It's talking about his scene in the original game.
And I think the journalist got Mikhail and Murphy mixed up, because the scene they're talking about is Mikhail's.

Oh yeah it mentions the original game but that's Mikahil's death lmao. Yeah that's a pretty big mistake then, thanks for pointing it out for me. Guess my theory still might happen.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The only things to gather from this interview is :
A single ending
No Mercenary mode
And thankfully, not open-world.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The only things to gather from this interview is :
A single ending
No Mercenary mode
And thankfully, not open-world.

A few additional things I can point out is they do mention the Hospital is still in the game (if anyone was worried it was cut), there's mutated worms in the sewers in the remake, and just has been said before, the city is more explorable than it was in RE3 but the game isn't open-world, and specifically does close and get more linear the second half of the game.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I don't give a f about re3 mercs,there was nothing unique about it.
Re4/5/6 mercs are the ones that made that mode popular imo.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
A few additional things I can point out is they do mention the Hospital is still in the game (if anyone was worried it was cut), there's mutated worms in the sewers in the remake, and just has been said before, the city is more explorable than it was in RE3 but the game isn't open-world, and specifically does close and get more linear the second half of the game.
Can you shed a bit more light regarding the Mercenaries situation? I remember you saying it was being developed at the time you got to know info on the game.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
No No. I loved it and enjoyed it a lot, but in Survival Horror games, it is fun to walk around and look for more survival equipment and take your time but Mr X wouldn't let me. I had to run and run and run and run. It made the game too fast paced for my liking.

But I did enjoy it a lot. Lovely game and going to finish it again before RE3 Remake release.
For me a big thing that improved my enjoyment was learning exactly when Mr. X spawns and despawns, what the triggers were for those events, and carefully planning my route for those bits by studying the map. For the rest of the game before and after those encounters I was able to really take my time and explore.