• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I loved the Quick Draw. I never picked up the JMB outside of my first playthrough. Hardcore I saved all the gun powder and only used it to make grenades.

I also play every RE game the same way, in speed run fashion of not killing enemies that don't need to be killed.
See I hate it. I find myself bouncing back and forth between the JMB and Quick Draw. Coincidentally I made it through way easier on Hardcore than Standard. On my 2nd save at 1:12:27 before the 2nd Birkin fight. Should be on track to finish below 2hrs. Last one I need to complete all of them on S+

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Argh, it's the one thing that I'm dying to know as I was disappointed with the A and B scenarios of the previous remake.

Live Selection or not, I do hope they keep the randomness element RE3 had, both in terms of enemies/itens/puzzles but also story moments.

Idk about anyone else, but I am crooning for more info 😭. Isn't there a PAX later this month?

We would told by the devs to expect a new trailer in january, focusing more on Carlos and Nemesis. So technically it could be any day now...

Jul 24, 2018
Live Selection or not, I do hope they keep the randomness element RE3 had, both in terms of enemies/itens/puzzles but also story moments.

We would told by the devs to expect a new trailer in january, focusing more on Carlos and Nemesis. So technically it could be any day now...
Whether it is live selection or not, I'd just like to see a similar system but further expanded with unique story events, endings etc, maybe even getting to areas that you wouldn't otherwise have visited had you chosen differently.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019

forgot all about that, hopefully it drops soon

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As expected. They had more time with RE3 than 2, and with the complains from 2, I figured they wouldn't do the same.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
My biggest grip with RE2 is the lack of story. They butchered many notes and archives you find in the original. I just finished the remake and I barely understand why chief Irons killed the girl. I thought she was his kid and he wanted the cure but it seems he killed her because... god knows...
If he wanted to hunt a better animal, why not go for the stars?
They barely explain what STARs are.
And What's that Cris note for Claire? He's in Europe hunting chicks? I don't remember that in the original. Claire says it's not him. Does it explain who wrote the letter?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest grip with RE2 is the lack of story. They butchered many notes and archives you find in the original. I just finished the remake and I barely understand why chief Irons killed the girl. I thought she was his kid and he wanted the cure but it seems he killed her because... god knows...
And What's that Cris note for Claire? He's in Europe hunting chicks? I don't remember that in the original. Claire says it's not him. Does it explain who wrote the letter?
Regarding Chris, it's code since they know the RPD is compromised by Umbrella's influence. Overall I agree with the sentiment of RE2, and a lot of the modern RE writing. Feels less of a larger world and just within the microcosm you're already experiencing, except worse as the writing hardly holds up.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Basically Chief Irons
is a serial killer who collects trophies who was working with William Birkin. He was killing young women as a sport. The young lady was actually the Mayor's daughter, not his. This was something far better communicated in the original version of RE2, since his secretary left notes about finding out about his dungeon where he stored the dead women and her disappearing along with the Mayor's daughter.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I thought most of that was very clear on my playthrough. Irons is just a complete monster of a person. I took it to mean he's bored of just hunting and killing animals, time to move onto humans. He's just a twisted fuck.

As for Chris' note, its coded. He's on the run. Claire remarks that him going after girls and relaxing in the sun is completely out of character, he's continuing the fight against Umbrella but thought better than leaving a blatant note of his goings on, which seems wise seeing as how... motivated Umbrella are to snuff out remaining STARS members as per RE3's measures.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The file size is definitely because of Resistance. Also, considering what they did with RE2, I wouldn't hold my breath for additional content.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
The file size is definitely because of Resistance. Also, considering what they did with RE2, I wouldn't hold my breath for additional content.
Which is by far one of my biggest gripes with RE2 being the lack of DLC. This time going into RE3 I'm not expecting much, but Capcom dropped the ball on what could be endless story DLC for RE2.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Not just story, but monsters, weapons, files, etc. I loved the remake, but honestly I feel like Capcom could have given us more. Instead we got the bad Orphanage section.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Seems like they will maybe do a longer single campaign compared to the Leon/Claire split campaign, and then RES makes up the rest.
Its probably just REsistance and a slightly longer campaign than rE2 one character playthrough

I dont expect a long game like RE6/4 based off this, but more replay value than 2 and 7

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Not just story, but monsters, weapons, files, etc. I loved the remake, but honestly I feel like Capcom could have given us more. Instead we got the bad Orphanage section.
Thats my problem with these Remakes, CAPCOM is limiting themselves making a pretty version of old games.
But its not their fault entirely the fans have been asking for RE2/3 remade for years i just hope RE8 will bring the scares next gen (on first person :^D) new story, weapons characters and files are better suited for a new chapter anyways

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
It is. RE3 file size on Xbox One is 21GB, rest id Resistance.

EDIT: REmake 2's launch download size was 21.07GB
REmake 3 is 21.93 GB
20.47 GB for Resistance // 620.39 MB for the Classic Costume Pack
Ah ok I saw the total size from the article and it just said RE3's size. Glad they are separate games.

So it's probably the size of a LeonA/ClaireB run ?
I wouldn't look at file size as an indicator at how long something is.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I felt that nothing of value was lost as far as monsters (screw spiders, small flying enemies like crows were the last thing needed, and the moth being gone was whatever) or weapons cut (don't think anyone actually missed the bowgun) were concerned. And considering how terrible both Sherry segments were in the original, I far preferred the orphanage.

Overall, I was impressed with just how much better Claire's route was in general compared to the original.
Thats my problem with these Remakes, CAPCOM is limiting themselves making a pretty version of old games.
But its not their fault entirely the fans have been asking for RE2/3 remade for years i just hope RE8 will bring the scares next gen (on first person :^D) new story, weapons characters and files are better suited for a new chapter anyways
I seem to be seeing more complaints that REmake 2 isn't 1:1 with the original + expanded material in the same way as REmake 1 was. The biggest problem with REmake 2 to me was less effort in differentiating 1st/2nd as with the original's A/B scenarios.

Last edited:

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I wouldn't look at file size as an indicator at how long something is.

I just hope it's as long as RE2, that's all.
The original RE3 doesn't have as much replayability then RE2. And yeah, I know about "Live Selection" but the changes it makes are all extremely minor, if not insignificant for the most part.

RE engine is magical in term of file sizes.

And in term of many other things as well. Awesome engine.

The way it handles compression is really incredible. Some voice files are literally 1kb, that's insane.