• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this to release, as I've never played the original

How does Nemesis work in the game compared to Mr. X in 2? Is Nemesis stalking you throughout the entire game or are there certain places he has a chance to show up?

As far as I recall, Mr. X in the original RE2 was almost like a secret boss because you didn't even really get chased by him until your second playthrough and he was basically unkillable until the game let you kill him.

Nemesis is different insofar as he will chase you through areas, but you'll often get the choice to stand your ground and fight. If you beat him, he'll drop a powerful weapon upgrade for you - so there's a cool risk/reward thing going on there.

Sep 12, 2018
Casually listening to this while playing games, a ton of Resistance stuff.

RE3
- Codename "Escape" which also a core concept of the game.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake is pretty much done, just some fine-tuning left. Kawata promises no delays.
- First person segment in the trailer is playable. The camera perspective is modified for the launch trailer. Unclear if Pete means we will be playing that part in third person.
- Much higher levels of action in this title compared to RE2.
3149896-2143499074-Pi5FA.gif

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
As far as I recall, Mr. X in the original RE2 was almost like a secret boss because you didn't even really get chased by him until your second playthrough and he was basically unkillable until the game let you kill him.

Nemesis is different insofar as he will chase you through areas, but you'll often get the choice to stand your ground and fight. If you beat him, he'll drop a powerful weapon upgrade for you - so there's a cool risk/reward thing going on there.

Mr. X is unkillable in the sense he will keep showing up, but you can down him quite easily, especially compared to Nemesis.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Anyway, my favorite part of the interview is when he mention the core aspects of RE3:

- Fear that follows you (until you escape)
- Jill beauty (?) and strength
- Nemesis

That's a perfect take on the essence of RE3. It's a bit obvious, yes, but a lot of people asked for things that would go against those ideas.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I thought the changes in re2 remake were great! Not knowing whats going to happen in 3 is fantastic and will add to the suspense!

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Casually listening to this while playing games, a ton of Resistance stuff.

RE3
- Codename "Escape" which also a core concept of the game.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake is pretty much done, just some fine-tuning left. Kawata promises no delays.
- First person segment in the trailer is playable. The camera perspective is modified for the launch trailer. Unclear if Pete means we will be playing that part in third person.
- Much higher levels of action in this title compared to RE2.

Loving some of these confirmations. Hoping we get more details over this weekend though.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Can't complain about more character development with Brad. Expanding the characters was one of the best parts of RE2make with Marvin and Kendo.
Darn. Going by the trailers as well as the new info hinting at the different directions of the characters, brad isn't really that chickenhearted anymore. I kinda wanted to see how that personality translated in the remake, but they must have a reasoning for it. Curious to see how he's going to play out in this one. I guess it doesn't necessarily add up being in stars and being fearful when you think about it.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Well.

In the current canon, he's the only main antagonist in the series that actually win. He succeed in his mission, kill all the other supervisor and survive in the end. His deaths are non-canon.

The dude is a straight-up badass. I hope they do him well

e7ed519168154b4720b7b2bfb0923ec28ee94969.jpg

That smile. That damned smile.

Not the only one. Alex Wesker also got exactly what she wanted and lives on.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I hope more action doesn't mean removing the core of survival horror RE such as inventory management. I don't want it to be too far off from what REmake 2 was.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I hope more action doesn't mean removing the core of survival horror RE such as inventory management. I don't want it to be too far off from what REmake 2 was.
You absolutely will not have to worry about Inventory management. As far as I know it's a big part of RE3, maybe even a bigger part than it was in RE2, things from the original RE3 like the gem collecting, getting parts to get the subway now (tram previously) working, trying to manage what you can hold, pick-up, and carry what you need to progress while exploring... While also having to decide what to carry around to deal with the various scenarios you find yourself in.

Jill has more moves, like she has melee attacks more than Leon/Claire did, she has a dodge move, that sorta' thing. She's more capable, but the situations she finds herself in also are often more harrowing and tense. A big part of RE3 Remake's focus was the feeling of struggling to survive, to escape from a nightmare, and I know a lot of the game was directed with that sorta' direction in mind.

Oct 28, 2017
After the reasonable regional pricing of REmake 2 and DMC5, the lack of regional pricing for this game is causing quite a stir on the Steam discussion boards. I do hope Capcom lowers down the price a bit in the concerned regions.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
You absolutely will not have to worry about Inventory management. As far as I know it's a big part of RE3, maybe even a bigger part than it was in RE2, things from the original RE3 like the gem collecting, getting parts to get the subway now (tram previously) working, trying to manage what you can hold, pick-up, and carry what you need to progress while exploring... While also having to decide what to carry around to deal with the various scenarios you find yourself in.

Jill has more moves, like she has melee attacks more than Leon/Claire did, she has a dodge move, that sorta' thing. She's more capable, but the situations she finds herself in also are often more harrowing and tense. A bit part of RE3 Remake's focus was the feeling of struggling to survive, to escape from a nightmare, and I know a lot of the game was directed with that sorta' direction in mind.

Wait.. Melee attacks ?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
No. She had to settled for a compromise.
Yes, I saw you saying that on Discord earlier. But I fail to see how that's the case.

Her goal was to achieve immortality by passing on her consciousness to a younger host, and repeat that as each host grew older. She did this. Her consciousness was transferred to Natalia (unless Natalia got into Kefka and bioterrorism and smiles devilishly all on her own). The only part of her plan that "failed" was when she committed suicide in her original body she felt a brief moment of fear which was enough to mutate and resurrect her. She still achieved what she wanted, she just didn't plan to still be alive in her old form and she became angry at the idea of "another" Alex living on as intended while she was stuck in her old, and now mutated, body. But this was taken care of by her original self's death at the end of the game.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

Jill has more moves, like she has melee attacks more than Leon/Claire did, she has a dodge move, that sorta' thing. She's more capable, but the situations she finds herself in also are often more harrowing and tense. A bit part of RE3 Remake's focus was the feeling of struggling to survive, to escape from a nightmare, and I know a lot of the game was directed with that sorta' direction in mind.

Melee attacks?

5985ceea0c30370e7e450da4291c390f.png

Even if it's just like the original RE3 where they're contextual/evasive "defense" animations like pushing zombies away or something, that's still wonderful to hear. A couple kicks would still be appreciated though.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Jill has more moves, like she has melee attacks more than Leon/Claire did, she has a dodge move, that sorta' thing. She's more capable, but the situations she finds herself in also are often more harrowing and tense. A big part of RE3 Remake's focus was the feeling of struggling to survive, to escape from a nightmare, and I know a lot of the game was directed with that sorta' direction in mind.

...melee attacks? I don't remember Leon or Claire having any of those.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Gimme crowbars and bent pipes and stuff like that, Capcom. Harry Mason can do it, so can Jill!

Mark, David, Kevin, Yoko, George, Cindy, and Alyssa poked so Jill could swing. Also Resistance does have melee combat(pipes, bats, 2x4s etc) so I wouldn't be surprised if that's added to RE3 to some extent as well since they're being bundled together it's assumed there's going to be some cohesion from a story standpoint.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if we're ever getting resolutions of the Natalia and Jake cliffhangers.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Rev 2 has a dark ending but Alex loses big time.
The copy process worked but the real one dies via rocket to the face. There is a whole plot point about the mutilated original version being horrified by her own copy.
There is no Jake "cliffhanger". He went through his character change and continues working as a freelance mercenary. Just one who actually helps people.
Nikolai´s canon status is further unknown. The remake may finally settle this once and for all.

The was to be a "true" sequel to RE6 but it got canceled very early on due to the reception and we got RE VII instead. We lucked out.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
There is no Jake "cliffhanger". He went through his character change and continues working as a freelance mercenary. Just one who actually helps people.
Eh, it's heavily suggestive that Jake is now the cool central character that fans fawn over... only it didn't turn out that way. I believe they said they were totally making a direct sequel or type of sequel to RE6 that they scrapped after realizing the core fanbase was so against it. I'm sure they would've given us more Jake "Mary Sue" Wesker in RE7 originally.

That said I also concede what you say, it can work both ways. Both as a teaser that they expect to show more of Jake in the future, but also that Jake has come full circle for his progenitor character plot and overcome his ordeals.

Wonder if we're ever getting resolutions of the Natalia
If a new game in the series is credited as "written by Dai Sato" or "Dai Satou" you know it will follow up on those things in some capacity. He's the guy that really held on to old canon beyond simply fanservicing the popular voted characters they chose for each Revelations game. He wrote both Rev1 and 2. Did an excellent job with 2 I would say. 1 was bad.
6 was written by the CGI movie writer Shotaro Suga who apparently passed away in 2015. Tragedy befalls RE writers. The main writer of RE2 and RE0 and Code Veronica Sugimura-san also passed away in 2005 or something.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Eh, it's heavily suggestive that Jake is now the cool central character that fans fawn over... only it didn't turn out that way. I believe they said they were totally making a direct sequel or type of sequel to RE6 that they scrapped after realizing the core fanbase was so against it. I'm sure they would've given us more Jake "Mary Sue" Wesker in RE7 originally.

That said I also concede what you say, it can work both ways. Both as a teaser that they expect to show more of Jake in the future, but also that Jake has come full circle for his progenitor character plot and overcome his ordeals.

If a new game in the series is credited as "written by Dai Sato" or "Dai Satou" you know it will follow up on those things in some capacity. He's the guy that really held on to old canon beyond simply fanservicing the popular voted characters they chose for each Revelations game. He wrote both Rev1 and 2. Did an excellent job with 2 I would say. 1 was bad.
6 was written by the CGI movie writer Shotaro Suga who apparently passed away in 2015. Tragedy befalls RE writers. The main writer of RE2 and RE0 and Code Veronica Sugimura-san also passed away in 2005 or something.
Didn't know about those writer deaths ☹ RIP

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am still a bit mad how they wasted Alex Wesker in Rev2. She could've been the new main villain in the series but I didn't really like how they handled her.

Deleted member 62100

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019
Jake is a perfectly fine character, outside of his bewildering animu edge hatred for Chris, and I would easily welcome him back.

Nearly all we know about RE7 before it became RE VII: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_7_(cancelled_2013_game)
The RE6 style 3rd anime film has a true cliffhanger btw. No sequel please.

One of the things I'd wished they patched into RE6 was the Chris/Jake feud ending with Jake shouting his mom's name which happened to also be Chris' mom's name.