• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Patricia Ja Lee isn't really a big name though,
She had Lucky Star and Haruhi roles right around the time of Umbrella Chronicles that got her into that group of voice actors* that ended up taking over Resident Evil dubbing at the time.
after that was over she basically had nothing again.

*voice acting group:
Wendee Lee - Damnation Svetlana, DMCV Trish
Michelle Ruff - Degeneration Rani, Revelations/ORC Jill
Stephanie Sheh - UC, RE5 Rebecca. UC, RE5 voice director
Johnny Yong Bosch - DMC Nero

Its actually the reason we were lucky enough to get Roger Craig Smith in RE5,
Dude was basically a nobody anime dubber who auditioned for a role in Resident Evil Degeneration, got in as
latest

and when the finalized version of boulder punching Chris was decided on they nolonger thought the Umbrella Chronicles Chris voice would fit so they thought back on the dude in their Degeneration dub with an interesting voice and asked him to audition for Chris.

Wow, didn't realize Chris Redfield was the role that made RGS big. I always thought that was Sonic but no, that was after RE5.
Btw, I didn't say Patricia was a big name, that was more toward Ashly Bursh. I wouldn't mind Patricia coming back but I don't think that's her. There's definitely a resemblance but Patricia's Jill in TEPPEN has a deeper voice then what we heard in the trailer.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on when we'll get some meaty gameplay footage?

I want to see how the dodge works when confronting Nemesis, I feel it might make the encounters a little too easy, especially if he follows a very specific path and isn't randomized.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm going to keep the faith and say they will have Mercenaries. Looking forward to them teasing it at the end of one of the future trailers like they did with The 4th Survivor in RE2.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Damn. Now I realize I should've ask about Marvin for the Q&A.
I really, really liked what they did with him in RE2make. Such a good guy.
What I loved the most he's how realisticly he acts with Leon and Claire. He's strict with Leon, using his authority to tell him to go without him cuz he knows the rookie won't desobey his superior. And with Claire, a civi, he's trying his best to reassure her and help her the most he still can.

Hope we'll see him in RE3make, and not just passed out on the floor like the original.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
What I loved the most he's how realisticly he acts with Leon and Claire. He's strict with Leon, using his authority to tell him to go without him cuz he knows the rookie won't desobey his superior. And with Claire, a civi, he's trying his best to reassure her and help her the most he still can.

Hope we'll see him in RE3make, and not just passed out on the floor like the original.
Yeah, Marvin really was a standout

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Marvin shouldn't have died. We need some kind of major black character in Resident Evil.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am confident that Marvin in Remake 3 won't just be passed out on the ground. I can't see Jill just leaving him there open door with zombies around. Maybe Jill tries to stop his bleeding and then draws Nemesis away from the R.P.D.
Marvin shouldn't have died. We need some kind of major black character in Resident Evil.
Marvin had little chance to make it out with the rest. Hopefully we see Sheva again and maybe Josh.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It does not matter. It's the mp of resi 3 for all intends and purposes. There won't be a mercenaries mode.

Of course it matters. There is no reason to believe resources, time or manpower were taken out from RE3 to develop that game, as it is an independent product.

It's also worth remembering what is The Mercenaries is RE3. It's a linear path through Raccoon City in which you kill a bunch of enemies before the time runs out. An improved version of the 4th survivor from RE2 if you will. There is relatively very little work involved, everything is already there.

And the 4th survivor was in RE2 because it was an important part of the original. Mercenaries is even more important to RE3. There is no chance Capcom will not add it.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Of course it matters. There is no reason to believe resources, time or manpower were taken out from RE3 to develop that game, as it is an independent product.

It's also worth remembering what is The Mercenaries is RE3. It's a linear path through Raccoon City in which you kill a bunch of enemies before the time runs out. An improved version of the 4th survivor from RE2 if you will. There is relatively very little work involved, everything is already there.

And the 4th survivor was in RE2 because it was an important part of the original. Mercenaries is even more important to RE3. There is no chance Capcom will not add it.
I hope so

Still miffed they didn't make Extreme Battle Mode, the extra modes and ghost survivor do nothing for me cuz they're way too hardcore lol

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I really like how evil Nicolai looks. He has potential to be a real standout villain.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I really like how evil Nicolai looks. He has potential to be a real standout villain.

Well.

In the current canon, he's the only main antagonist in the series that actually win. He succeed in his mission, kill all the other supervisor and survive in the end. His deaths are non-canon.

The dude is a straight-up badass. I hope they do him well

e7ed519168154b4720b7b2bfb0923ec28ee94969.jpg

That smile. That damned smile.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy this is happening!!! The wait for REmake 2 was all worth it to deliver us these two back-to-back releases. I can't believe it.

IT LOOKS SO GREAT!

giphy.gif

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Well.

In the current canon, he's the only main antagonist in the series that actually win. He succeed in his mission, kill all the other supervisor and survive in the end. His deaths are non-canon.

Yessss

I still hope the game has branching paths and we get to see him brutally murdered by Nemesis

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well.

JsYAtlD.jpg

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Well.

He better return in a future game.

He would be the perfect villain for a Hunk game. They are rivals after all.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
I'm afraid the same thing will scare me the most in the remake as the original... getting swallowed whole by the frog hunters in photorealistic graphics

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
That's going to awake some feelings into certain people.

It's just like being swallowed by the big fish in Super Mario Bros. 3. Even after all these years, no matter how good you are at the game or how many times you've been swallowed whole, it is always shocking. Now imagine this depicted in the RE engine... devs better put it in the game!

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It's just like being swallowed by the big fish in Super Mario Bros. 3. Even after all these years, no matter how good you are at the game or how many times you've been swallowed whole, it is always shocking. Now imagine this depicted in the RE engine... devs better put it in the game!

I was talking about people who likes Vore lol.