• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Capcom wants to know what questions fans want answered. I asked if Regina's Dino Crisis costume is in. Probably has more of a chance being answered the more likes/rts it has so if you're as curious as I am let's gets capcom to answer lol.

No offense meant at Dino Crisis but the real question is whether her (still the best) S.T.A.R.S. outfit from RE1 will be in

She looks a LOT like the in game CG from RE3
Yeah, these redesigns all look a lot more like realistic renders of the original PSX CGI. Even RE7 Chris looks like RE1/CV Chris aged up like 20+ years.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Has anyone posted the official summary? (click on Jill´s profile):
"Having undergone Delta Force training made Jill a natural fit as Rear Security for the Raccoon Police Department's special forces team, S.T.A.R.S., and her knack for picking locks and handling explosives have proven equally useful making her an especially outstanding team member. However, Jill is one of few surviving members after the team saw numerous losses to the shambling corpses and monstrous creatures they encountered while investigating reports of missing persons in what has become known as the Mansion Incident.
A survivor of that incident, Jill is determined to continue investigating Umbrella, the creators of the deadly T-Virus at the heart of the incident, but her investigation has been impeded by a suspension and an order to remain at home. What's more, her apartment appears to be under round-the-clock surveillance. The entire city seems to be under Umbrella's control, with the police force being no exception. Jill has decided to escape from her confines in Raccoon City in order to bring Umbrella's evil to light, but this may not prove so simple..."

Her new combat-ready design even has an in lore reason. Nice. The being surprised excuse to justify the 90s outfit was never canon btw. outside of the fact that the outbreak was well underway before even the game´s opening level. Just watch the intro and even the book went in a different direction. The female author said that a heatwave was sweeping the town, lol. But Jill was ready and geared up to leave town even there.

PS: She was Delta Force and a career solder even in the 90s. That´s not new.

Edit: Her new house arrest is a smart way to start off without guns and teach the returning dodge mechanics. The new writers/designers are sooo good.

Can we expect melee attacks?

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The real questions:

* Is Live Selection still in? Probably not
* Are spiders in? Judging by RE2make, no.
* Where's Mercenaries? ZERO info for the most memorable game mode in RE history. Hopefully doesn't mean it was replaced by the Resistance stuff.

Also, it was a bad trailer. How can you show a hugely anticipated game and forget to actually include Nemesis? Sorry but that was dumb. Not even a "STAAARS" shout. Or maybe Nemesis is now silent too.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
FF7R, RE3 and Cyberpunk in a 6 week period. Tight.

Ive had RE2 for a while but haven't managed to play much, so now I'm just gonna wait and play them back-to-back.

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
ELes8WFXsAAJZHS

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was the replay value for the original RE3? I remembered this doesn't have any A, or B routes, or multiple character campaigns
Best replay value in the series by far. There is so much variety in how you can play, what enemies spawn, choices you make, branching story paths, puzzles having different answers etc.

There is no other game in the series like it unfortunately.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Best replay value in the series by far. There is so much variety in how you can play, what enemies spawn, choices you make, branching story paths, puzzles having different answers etc.

There is no other game in the series like it unfortunately.
It's also probably the most "arcadey" of the classic RE games (not that this takes away from the horror, of course). It is the game that introduced Mercenaries, after all.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The real questions:

* Where's Mercenaries? ZERO info for the most memorable game mode in RE history. Hopefully doesn't mean it was replaced by the Resistance stuff.

Also, it was a bad trailer. How can you show a hugely anticipated game and forget to actually include Nemesis? Sorry but that was dumb. Not even a "STAAARS" shout. Or maybe Nemesis is now silent too.
He does say "STARS", but it's when you first get the teaser of him chasing Jill.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also probably the most "arcadey" of the classic RE games (not that this takes away from the horror, of course). It is the game that introduced Mercenaries, after all.
Is nothing arcadey about it, it plays just like RE1+2 only with feature improvements. RE1 had a battle mode, RE2 had 2 of them, RE3 just came up with the best one.

Nov 2, 2017
I've noticed an extended magazine in Jill's handgun in the sewer pic. Seems like weapon upgrades are in similar to RE2 Remake style.

LRN

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited about it. April can't come soon enough.
Loving all the new designs so far. Hopefully Minami's team does the game justice. It looks great so far imo.

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many costumes i'd want for this game,

Classic STARS
'updated" STARS
updated Police Officer
Regina
Finalized STARS Uniform - basically what Chris uniform was in CV

Survival Combat - Chris' STARS vest and kneepads
or
-RPD SWAT gear

Would be cool if the unlock costume key could also just be a key to the lockers in the STARS Office which could get you those costumes that would actually assist with melee damage.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Call me pessimistic but after seeing the OG costume be dlc, I expect all of them to be.

We aren't getting unlockable costumes this time.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
How many version of RE 3 that we can pre order in PSN? For ReMake 2, we have normal and deluxe.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
The real questions:

Go back and watch the original trailers for RE2 Remake... they took their time revealing stuff. They'll show more later as they dole it out. All video game/movie promotional arcs do this.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
How many version of RE 3 that we can pre order in PSN? For ReMake 2, we have normal and deluxe.
I only see the standard at the moment. Hopefully it stays that way and the only DLC is the classic costumes while everything else is unlockable in the game. I know that is REALLY wishful thinking though.

Oct 25, 2017
The real questions:

Hunters are confirmed in RE3 Remake so I don't think what is in RE2 holds that much weight as far as what enemies are in. Also that was Nemesis chasing Jill. I saw tentacles sprout out and I think he actually did say STARS.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I don't mind the Carlos redesign, but what's up with the redesign and the way he looks with the classic costume pack?

He looks like two completely different people. It's weird. Shouldn't it just be a costume swap?

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The real questions:

It sounds to me they want to reveal more later. It's a normal practice to not showing everything and leave people want for more. It's not dumb. Its marketing. Especially for RE3 where there is not much else to show, obviously they will keep Nemesis for later. We didn't see G Williams in first RE2 either.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they're including Mercs on top of REsistance. Maybe later as dlc.

Also, assuming something wont be in RE3 because it wasn't in RE2 (like spiders or hunters) is just plain dumb. They're different games.

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
What the hell. Why would they make a first-person trailer for a third-person game?
I'm so disappointed now.

• The mouse aiming has a deadzone. If you don't move the mouse fast enough, the aim doesn't move at all.
  • You cannot disable acceleration on the mouse, so you don't get proper 1:1 control.
  • The player movement lags behind the camera, so you can turn the camera quickly and Leon/Claire run in the direction you were previously facing.
  • Movement just generally doesn't feel great on a keyboard due to the animation priority.

idk, I thought it was fine. Didn't notice any deadzone when aiming or any of those other issues. I feel like this is more on you not liking how the game controls instead of the kb+m controls needing to be fixed.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeaaaaaah.......

Leon.jpg

Explain to me how these two characters look in any way like the same person.

I mean, the Leon in that FMV doesn't even look like the Leon you play in OG RE2..

Generally speaking I think Capcom have done a good job keeping these characters looking consistent through generations and graphical evolution's. Chris has the weirdest "arc", but even then I think new Chris is fine if compared to RE1 alone.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I only see the standard at the moment. Hopefully it stays that way and the only DLC is the classic costumes while everything else is unlockable in the game. I know that is REALLY wishful thinking though.
i suspect we'll get some cosmetics micro transactions to gain back their development costs for Resistance.

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously guys, if ink ribbons are locked behind hard mode again I'm gonna be pissed. Twice in a row they've done it. Don't make the same mistake a third time in a row.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously guys, if ink ribbons are locked behind hard mode again I'm gonna be pissed. Twice in a row they've done it. Don't make the same mistake a third time in a row.
I've seen you make this criticism before, and I get it (because I agree with you), but seriously, just play on Hardcore from the get-go if RE3 is like RE2 and doesn't allow you to do ink ribbons on Normal. My first playthrough of the remake was on Hardcore, and by far the most tense and anxiety-inducing, most memorable playthrough. I'll be doing the same thing with RE3.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018

Be prepared to be pissed.

To be honest I wish there was a "custom" mode because I want Ink Ribbons but perhaps I want a mix of difficulty through certain elements, maybe I want the toughness of the Zombies and lower level enemies in hard mode, but the ammo in Normal Mode, and I'd like the higher level enemies (lickers, bosses etc) to be slightly weaker (for example). Or perhaps I want to toggle on an item randomiser, there should definitely have a mode that you can tailor to your playstyle instead of just Easy, Normal and Hard, Professional, Nightmare etc.

Jul 24, 2018
The real questions:

Nemesis does say STARS in the trailer. Skip to 1:20 and you can hear it.

I also hope we get different choices leading to different endings like the original.

Also, we were right on the money. Almost!
bQ6DFUo.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
So I started my very first playthrough of OG RE3 (Hard Mode).

Made it to the Police Station and Nemesis shows up out of nowhere. Decided to run to the briefing room in the dog hallway to hide. I opened the door thinking it's safe only to have Nemesis smack my face with the RPG as soon as I come out.

Noped out after that. I'll see if I can continue later today.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
How long was RE2 Remake in development? 4 Years? If RE3 is coming in April next year, does that mean it was already in development when RE2 remake was released?

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
How long was RE2 Remake in development? 4 Years? If RE3 is coming in April next year, does that mean it was already in development when RE2 remake was released?

General consensus is development overlapped between the two and it's been worked on for over two-and-a-half years. Rumour has it that it's also not experienced any of the hitches/developmental woes of 2 and has been relatively smooth sailing.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer is fucking incredible!!

They had me thinking they were going to have a brand new first person campaign in Resistance and I'm kinda bummed that's not the case, but Resident fucking Evil 3!!!

How does it look so damn good as well. Shit, it looks better than RE2.