• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I figured it out.

Carlos is dubbed by Jeff Schine, also known for dubbing Javier, the protagonist of The Walking Dead Season 3. He's also going to be the voice of Captain America in Marvel's Avengers.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It was underwhelming, but I think that has more to do with having no nostalgia or affinity towards the original. At least I'll be surprised? I remember next to nothing from that game tbh.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, the leak robbed us of the hype. The trailer was custom tailored for it.

This reveal would have been amazing at TGA/E3.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Gotta say, the leak robbed us of the hype. The trailer was custom tailored for it.

This reveal would have been amazing at TGA/E3.

100%, i would of lost my shit today with this reveal. Don't get me wrong, I am still losing my shit and I am beyond hype. But I still remember the feeling when it showed Leon's face in the RE2 trailer and when the RE logo came up for RE7. Loved the leak for confirmation, hated that it robbed me of a classic moment.

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
I'm thinking after 3, alongside making 8 they will go back and do 1 as that will finish off the original trilogy.

2022 - Remake
2024 - Code Veronica
2025 - Zero
2027 - 4

They wont stop shits a money maker right now

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I feel dumb for not realizing it sooner. They highlight the R & E in "Resident Evil" for 2 & 3 because it's the remakes of those games. It's why the games in Japan are called "Biohazard RE:...".

Vigamox

Nov 13, 2017
I kinda hope they bring back unique death animations for dying to certain enemies. That's one of the things I miss most from RE4 lol.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Has anyone posted the official summary? (click on Jill´s profile):
"Having undergone Delta Force training made Jill a natural fit as Rear Security for the Raccoon Police Department's special forces team, S.T.A.R.S., and her knack for picking locks and handling explosives have proven equally useful making her an especially outstanding team member. However, Jill is one of few surviving members after the team saw numerous losses to the shambling corpses and monstrous creatures they encountered while investigating reports of missing persons in what has become known as the Mansion Incident.
A survivor of that incident, Jill is determined to continue investigating Umbrella, the creators of the deadly T-Virus at the heart of the incident, but her investigation has been impeded by a suspension and an order to remain at home. What's more, her apartment appears to be under round-the-clock surveillance. The entire city seems to be under Umbrella's control, with the police force being no exception. Jill has decided to escape from her confines in Raccoon City in order to bring Umbrella's evil to light, but this may not prove so simple..."

Her new combat-ready design even has an in lore reason. Nice. The being surprised excuse to justify the 90s outfit was never canon btw. outside of the fact that the outbreak was well underway before even the game´s opening level. Just watch the intro and even the book went in a different direction. The female author said that a heatwave was sweeping the town, lol. But Jill was ready and geared up to leave town even there.

PS: She was Delta Force and a career solder even in the 90s. That´s not new.

Edit: Her new house arrest is a smart way to start off without guns and teach the returning dodge mechanics. The new writers/designers are sooo good.

Last edited:

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
God to see some RE3 fans in here, I swear I thought ERA was down on it, especially compared to 2. I've always liked 3 more 😉 Re2make was dope though. Can't wait to see some Nemesis gameplay!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I am looking forward to watching Maximilian play through this on hardcore almost as much as I am to playing it myself.
Same!
Jill looks like an entirely different character.

Leon and Claire in RE2 remake still looks like their original design, but this Jill is like an entirely new person altogether. Feels weird.
Jill looks like her OG RE3 character model to me. It looks pretty faithful all things considered

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
qe3ptrg1uu341.jpg

The exact bar from Outbreak Scenario 1 on the left. Both RE7 and REmake 2 mention that always canon game. I think it´s happening.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
How was the replay value for the original RE3? I remembered this doesn't have any A, or B routes, or multiple character campaigns

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
How was the replay value for the original RE3? I remembered this doesn't have any A, or B routes, or multiple character campaigns
Moderate. There were several junctions in the game that would take you to different starting areas or to different cutscenes. Also, Nemesis himself would drop really good items but getting everything wasn't something you'd likely do the first few/several runs.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Watching reactions to the reveal and seeing people get trolled is amazing. The initial disappointment, reluctant anticipation, the disbelieving "oh my gods" THE MOMENT they notice the blue top, and the excited screaming at Jill's face reveal. 😂

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Capcom wants to know what questions fans want answered. I asked if Regina's Dino Crisis costume is in. Probably has more of a chance being answered the more likes/rts it has so if you're as curious as I am let's gets capcom to answer lol.

If they put Regina's costume in this game, that's a very strong indicator that Dino Crisis could be the next game that Capcom remakes.

Aside from that, there's one thing that's been bugging me about Resident Evil 3 and that's the fact that
there aren't really any other bosses in the game except for the Nemesis other than the grave digger worm. hopefully Capcom will add some new bosses just to make the game a better paced experience, as well as adding much-needed variety rather than just fighting the Nemesis over and over again in his slightly changed forms - that gets repetitive

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
So RE3 seems to just have the Revelations 2 dodge. It doesn't seem timing based like RE3 or Revelations 1. Bit of a bummer.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
This feels... soon. 3 is shorter than 2 right? Are many locations reused?

Maybe they decided to start making this in the middle of doing 2 because they were so pleased with it's progress?