• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Happy fuckin days! I only actually played through Resi 3 once when it came out so it will be great to jump in again without remembering all the locations and plot beats.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not against Nemesis constantly roaming given the size of the city area you get access to. There is a LOT of space there to go about your business without him bothering you if you play your cards right, I presume. Him popping up at complete random would really add to the threat level, whereas Mr X was always kind of in the vicinity in RE2 when he would be around. Always 2/3 rooms behind at best so he was easy to get a read on mostly after a few runs.

The above is purely speculation though based on what I would want from Nemesis. He's gotta be more prevalent than Mr X was.

He will be.

I'm going to be really interested to see all the folks who complained about Mr. X being too hard and too annoying realize Nemesis is Mr. X on steroids and is a threat for like 90% of the game vs. ~15% like Mr. X was in REmake 2

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The REmakes have become the opposite of FFVII's. We're getting a flurry of them right on the heels of each other and it's awesome. Seriously was not expecting to see this come out so soon after RE2.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pre-order tho. I never pre-order, even for pre-order DLC for games I desperately want, and wouldn't start now. Pre-order DLC is still scummy, and Capcom has been locking DLC behind pre-order for a long time, something they should be getting more shit for. Let's not give them a pass for it.
Sure, I won't fault you for doing you, it's your money. I was always going to be there day one for this. I'm paying the same amount preordering as I would be if I didn't so it is what it is I guess.

Manhunter

Mar 20, 2019
A little bit dissapointment same zombies re2 Remake. But thats ok.

ELbsKZxUUAAtOp2

Oct 28, 2017
Alright guys I gotta be honest. Been nearly 2 hours now. I'm concerned at this point. Far more concerned than I was when RE2 was revealed. There's a number of things I don't like from the small amount we've seen.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm trying to wrap my head around this coming out a little over fourteen months after RE2.

And it coming out within weeks of a new Doom and a new Half Life.

Shit is crazy.

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
It looks good. It's nice that Resistance comes free with it, and that the release is so soon.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to wrap my head around this coming out a little over fourteen months after RE2.

Shit is crazy.

2020 is shaping up to be a bonkers year for gaming.

New Final Fantasy, new Resident Evil, new Doom, new Last of Us, new Halo, Cyberpunk, Avengers and a crap load of other games.

*AND* NEW CONSOLE LAUNCHES !

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome that it's coming so soon. But the question is buy this in the spring or wait for the inevitable ps5/next Xbox version?

It's likely going to be a solid 60 fps and any improvements on the next consoles would likely be negligible other than a resolution bump. PC version of RE2 isn't dramatically different than the console versions. I'd say just get it in spring.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Gotta imagine the reason RE2s streets were so bare and empty was to not step on RE3s toes considering games were 8n development together.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Shit is crazy.

The joys of multi-team development.
Like the halcyon days of FF games releasing close to each other (FFIX released in Japan 15 months after VIII. FFX released 13 months after FFIX)

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Looks Neat

If classic jill is pre-order. What the hell alt is in the game? I know it isnt future versions of the character because they didn't do it in 2. Re1 jill is my guess

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The REmakes have become the opposite of FFVII's. We're getting a flurry of them right on the heels of each other and it's awesome. Seriously was not expecting to see this come out so soon after RE2.

This explains the major shortcomings of RE2make, however. Scenario B seemed like it was incredibly wasteful and just tacked on to imply it had the same systems as the original, and it didn't.

VII Remake looks to be expanding the volume of events and content, and RE2make did the opposite in some critical ways.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder/hope if they add an optional first person mode in this ala The Evil Within 2.

RE2 has an extremely well functioning first person PC mod ... so the engine support and capability is certainly there.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The joys of multi-team development.
Like the halcyon days of FF games releasing close to each other (FFIX released in Japan 15 months after VIII. FFX released 13 months after FFIX)
RE3 has a history with being simultaneously developed (alongside Code Veronica), so it kind of fits, but it's still kind of bonkers to recognize that we're getting the remake in less time after RE2's launch than originally passed between the PSX originals.