• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I marked out so hard when I found this

So they made a new Rebecca photo but didn't make a new STARS photo

519335356512862208.png

Oct 25, 2017
Finished both playthroughs. Loved it. Aside from a few story changes, I thought that superior to the OG RE2 in nearly every way. Familiar, yet so fresh.

will0wis

Nov 1, 2017
Brazil
Beat the first game. Shot myself in the foot with ranking, I didn't use a first aid spray all game until I got to the last boss, then had no choice... Then I ended up beating it without taking any damage anyway, making my whole use of it pointless lol. Oh well, B is ok for now. Onto Claire B!

I got a B in my first run too, but I died like 20 times, used tons of healing items and took more than 8 hours to finish the game. I thought I was going to get a worse score but it seems the game only ranks time, so B will be the default score if you take more than 4 hours to finish, no matter what you actually did in these hours.

The only other thing that seems to count for ranking is that, to get S+ rank instead of S for finishing the story in less than 3 hours (depending on difficulty), you need to save less than 4 times. Other than that, apparently nothing else counts.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I got a B in my first run too, but I died like 20 times, used tons of healing items and took more than 8 hours to finish the game. I thought I was going to get a worse score but it seems the game only ranks time, so B will be the default score if you take more than 4 hours to finish, no matter what you actually did in these hours.

The only other thing that seems to count for ranking is that, to get S+ rank instead of S for finishing the story in less than 3 hours (depending on difficulty), you need to save less than 4 times. Other than that, apparently nothing else counts.

I don't think this is true - all that affects your S+ rank is your use of the Infinite Weapons. These also don't record on your RE.net Play Data.

I am wondering if my best run thus far is gonna be completable in the time allotted for S-Rank on Hardcore without Special Weapons.

I've got the detonator and battery. I've got two medallions, about to get the maiden one. I've got about 70 handgun bullets and about 15 Shotgun Shells.

But I've spent.......22 minutes doing that. Haven't taken damage once.

So contemplating now whether I can realistically kill G 1 and the rest of the game in 2 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
The ranking is totally time and saves. I just got an S-rank finishing the game in 1 hour 58 minutes with 5 saves. One less save would have put me at s+

Does anyone know what an s+ rank unlocks?

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
As someone who will probably never get through hardcore mode, I wish there was another way to unlock infinite weapons.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I know tghey do some fucky stuff with canon. But the original has Clair A Leon B as the "canon" run. But this remake seems to make it Leon A Clair B.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Except for the fact that Claire can meet Marvin only right? Which is clearly canon to Leon.
I mean either situation is fine. The conversations are tailored enough to either path that it works either way.

I personally feel it's best to do Leon then Claire as that way Leon talks to Marvin and Claire fights the final boss - which just makes sense given who she fights beforehand.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what, I prefer the original reason for HUNK getting mad at the guy shooting William. In the OG he gets mad because he's worried that he could have destroyed the samples, while in the remake he is mad because their orders were to bring him in alive. I guess I just think it's more fitting of HUNK's personality to not care about William getting shot and just thinking about what could have happened to the sample.

Jan 12, 2018
I know tghey do some fucky stuff with canon. But the original has Clair A Leon B as the "canon" run. But this remake seems to make it Leon A Clair B.

There actually is no "canon" version of events in Resident Evil 2, similar to Resident Evil 1. While overall, yes, the canon timeline largely follows the Claire A/Leon B timeline, it is more of a conglomeration of all four scenarios, as elements from each scenario are referenced in future stories. For example, Sherry is definitively infected by Birkin, which occurs in Claire's A scenario. However, Degeneration shows Claire in a flashback facing Stage 1 Birkin, which can only happen in Claire B (the remake's version of events notwithstanding). Another example is Leon commissioning Joe Kendo to design his Silver Ghost handgun (Leon's starting handgun in Resident Evil 4), because he remembered his encounter with Robert Kendo in Raccoon City, which only occurs in his A scenario (again, the remake's version of events notwithstanding).

So, in a lot of ways, the remake actually brings the events of Resident Evil 2 more in line with future entries in the series. But much of the minutiae, like who meets Marvin while he is still alive, how Ada "dies," etc, is never directly addressed and is largely left up to the player's imagination.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3. Getting the infinite minigun and launcher is the hardest unlock in the series
Damn. I guess my three saves for the A routes will be after Birkins 1, 2, and 3 while my saves on the B routes will be after Birkins 2, 3, and 4/Super X.

These B route runs are going to be brutal because of Birkin 2's instant kill grab.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
There are some conspicuously Nemesis sized holes in various walls in the RPD. I have hopes for the R3make.

Here's hoping they increase mobility for the player. Mr. X just walking is almost on your heels at all time, Nemesis's outright sprint will be way too much at the current pace.

I also hope they bring the dodge move back.

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but I felt like the game was a bit lacking in terms of files that flesh out the story. Would have been nice if we got files that explained the history of the G-Virus, how the underground lab was built, how the lickers came to be, etc. They don't even mention what the G (Golgotha) in G-Virus stands for in the game. It's an amazing remake overall, but the story just feels a bit streamlined, I guess?

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
But seriously though, how in the hell did Ada survive that fall, shot in the shoulder and falling into a pit.

She got some great plot armor.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else bothered that Leon and Claire interact with each other even less than in the OG RE2? After they briefly meet each other in the RPD courtyard, they won't speak with each other until minutes before the lab gets destroyed.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else bothered that Leon and Claire interact with each other even less than in the OG RE2? After they briefly meet each other in the RPD courtyard, they won't speak with each other until minutes before the lab gets destroyed.
Haven't played OGRE2 or finished Route B yet but in route A yeah, I think the counterpart leaves a note for you in the STARS office though

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, two things. Is Raccoon City's population in the millions now? One part Anette says millions of life were at stake. She could be refering to a bigger picture, but it makes sense that she would be talking about the city.

Also, is this a nod to the nuke?

168FA54DE6B32D5309AAEA6E1A52247AC9E8F10D

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I hope if, if they do more extensive DLC, we get some prequel episodes. I'd love to see the Police Station (as Marvin) and the Labs (as a scientist) before the outbreak. One of my favorite parts of Half-Life is that slice of life you get from the beginning of the game. Plus I'd like to explore those places in their prime.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, two things. Is Raccoon City's population in the millions now? One part Anette says millions of life were at stake. She could be refering to a bigger picture, but it makes sense that she would be talking about the city.

Also, is this a nod to the nuke?

168FA54DE6B32D5309AAEA6E1A52247AC9E8F10D
Makes sense since 4th Survivor takes place after RE2 campaign, and by that time the second half of RE3 is happening/about to happen.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Damn. I guess my three saves for the A routes will be after Birkins 1, 2, and 3 while my saves on the B routes will be after Birkins 2, 3, and 4/Super X.

These B route runs are going to be brutal because of Birkin 2's instant kill grab.

It's just so hard to not die on the bosses, haha. So I'd ideally like to be allowed to save before each boss and after each boss. But I guess that's not doable.