• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hard mode unlocked from the start? and do we know if it has any other changes other than autosave disabled? i would definitely prefer to play on hard from the start since auto save is off but madhouse on RE7 was pretty frustrating to begin with.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Man, I hope the reviews for this game are great and that it sells tons of copies to reinforce this direction from Capcom as a whole. They're increasingly giving fans what they want while at the same time breathing new life into these past games. They've also been delivering games at a nice cadence recently. I don't know if they can keep it up, but it's certainly a nice thing. They seem to have made a shift as a company and are getting back to their roots.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Here's a bit of a more niche question: How do the three Samurai Edges perform, if at all? I'm a bit of a fangirl for the Samurai Edge as a whole so I'll be using them as my go-to pistol. Just wanted to know how they are.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope the reviews for this game are great and that it sells tons of copies to reinforce this direction from Capcom as a whole. They're increasingly giving fans what they want while at the same time breathing new life into these past games.
Eh. Outside of RE7 and MM11 I've found their output this gen incredibly lacking. Say what you will about their terrible monetization practices on the 360 and PS3, the games they put out were usually stellar.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Man, I hope the reviews for this game are great and that it sells tons of copies to reinforce this direction from Capcom as a whole. They're increasingly giving fans what they want while at the same time breathing new life into these past games. They've also been delivering games at a nice cadence recently. I don't know if they can keep it up, but it's certainly a nice thing. They seem to have made a shift as a company and are getting back to their roots.

I want very high sales for this game because I want a RE4 reimagining using an evolution of this engine for next gen hardware.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I'm on board with the RE2make, but calling it RE2make feels disingenuous when alterations have made been made both to gameplay and content. This is more of a new game than a remake and that's the only way I was able to make peace with the lack of features and content that I wanted from my ideal RE2 remake.
Then it's a good thing that that's exactly what Capcom had stated time and time again, no?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
we have capcom spies here.
original.gif

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Great, Capcom is calling it a reimagining. They're the ones making the game.

Gaming news outlets also improperly call remakes remasters sometimes too. That's just the author being an idiot.

Like I said before I think that's just a bunch of PR doublespeak. This game is a remake as far as I'm concerned but if Capcom wants to call it a "reimagining" then fine.

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I think we should have a long, drawn out and deeply interesting conversation on the semantic differences between Remake and Reimagining. In another thread entirely.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
A game can be a remake and still play differently. The FF7 remake isn't going to be turn-based anymore, right?

If you want to be committed to thinking it's just jargon, that's fine. But I consider a game that plays in a reimagined way a reimagining. In fact, my first thought after seeing the E3 trailer, and seeing that it was third person was we'd probably get what we are getting, and that it'd be closer to a reimagining. To each their own, man. Seems like you're dedicated to being negative about it.

Capcom has gone out of their way to highlight this game is more of a new game than it is the classic game, and called it more of a reimagining. Why people are throwing their arms up that it's lining up to be that, blows my mind.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has gone out of their way to highlight this game is more of a new game than it is the classic game, and called it more of a reimagining. Why people are throwing their arms up that it's lining up to be that, blows my mind.
It's almost like some people clamoring for an RE2 remake for over a decade didn't want that.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
If you want to be committed to thinking it's just jargon, that's fine. But I consider a game that plays in a reimagined way a reimagining. In fact, my first thought after seeing the E3 trailer, and seeing that it was third person was we'd probably get what we are getting, and that it'd be closer to a reimagining. To each their own, man. Seems like you're dedicated to being negative about it.

I ain't negative about the game lol

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
It's almost like some people clamoring for an RE2 remake for over a decade didn't want that.

Because you're owed this game at all, lol.
Why are you getting mad about this stuff now of all times? They've shown footage for 6 months. They've been talking about it being more like a new game for 6 months. Why are people acting shocked that there's changes? Legit question.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because you're owed this game at all, lol.
Why are you getting mad about this stuff now of all times? They've shown footage for 6 months. They've been talking about it being more like a new game for 6 months. Why are people acting shocked that there's changes? Legit question.
It was easy to think that they were referring to the genre shift and content being added. I legit didn't think things that were in the original would be missing.

Oct 30, 2017
49452262_10161236593830632_7782530454598451200_n.jpg

I can't believe this is finally between my hands... I drove like crazy to my retailer shop and I even forgot to wear socks and was shaking when I payed for it.

This is unbelievable I'm soooooo overwhelmed now that I'm about to burst on tears ;_;

I will try to answer any questions later... because now I will be gone from this world for awhile.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
It was easy to think that they were referring to the genre shift and content being added. I legit didn't think things that were in the original would be missing.

It's fair to not expect things to be removed, sure. I'm not surprised, but I wasn't expecting it either. But I'm going to wait to play the game (and probably enjoy it) rather than throw a fit about a game I've never played before. So many people complaining keep coming back to this thread and are keeping tabs on spoilers, and probably have the game pre-ordered. They're going to probably enjoy it, a lot. And their gripes might still be there, but probably far more muted than before.

Point is, how about you just wait it out and see if you enjoy the game (or watch someone else play it and gauge if it's worth your own time) first before stressing yourself out with negativity about the game.

The Praiseworthy congrats!! I hope you like the game. Just enjoy it and come back when you're done with it. May I ask where you live that you got a copy so early? Edit: nvm, your profile has it. Awesome though!!!

ket

Jul 27, 2018

I can't believe this is finally between my hands... I drove like crazy to my retailer shop and I even forgot to wear socks and was shaking when I payed for it.

This is unbelievable I'm soooooo overwhelmed now that I'm about to burst on tears ;_;

I will try to answer any questions later... because now I will be gone from this world for awhile.

Lucky!

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
This thread

Aw man, mad jealous. Good to see some positivity in this thread, the last few pages have been fucking miserable.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom

Oh man I'm jealous, but happy for you. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Lucky! I need this game yesterday, can it be the 24th already.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU

Enjoy it! Would appreciate some early impressions.

Birkin

Jan 21, 2019
Guys, i do not know if it was asked here ... Are we going to have the title voice on the start screen?

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

If they want to work on it or make games for 3 1/2 years rather than spending $60 once and then telling Capcom they're shit and fucked up until Resi 8 comes out they can try xD

Capcom said they knew that you can't please everyone and it's pointless to even try.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's fair to not expect things to be removed, sure. I'm not surprised, but I wasn't expecting it either. But I'm going to wait to play the game (and probably enjoy it) rather than throw a fit about a game I've never played before. So many people complaining keep coming back to this thread and are keeping tabs on spoilers, and probably have the game pre-ordered. They're going to probably enjoy it, a lot. And their gripes might still be there, but probably far more muted than before.
That pretty much describes me. It's jut hard not t9 be disappointed after waiting so long, even if I know I'll get some enjoyment out of the game.
If they want to work on it or make games for 3 1/2 years rather than spending $60 once and then telling Capcom they're shit and fucked up until Resi 8 comes out they can try xD

Capcom said they knew that you can't please everyone and it's pointless to even try.
If someone tried to make a REmake styled RE2make they get immediately shutdown by Capcom.

crono686

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
People bring some hype for the game, stop complaining in this thread.
Super excited for this game. When exactly is the embargo for the reviews?
Edit: found it myself. 2:40 hours to go.