• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I have to say, I am not liking some of the changes they have made, I know it's all personal choice but what I am seeing so far doesn't look like fans of the original will be satisfied, obviously am going to reserve full judgement for the final game.

Some of the stuff they have cut out was actually what made the classic RE2 special, this game feels more like a nod to the original rather than showing what made the original special.

I think at the end of the day when you are doing a remake you add to what is already there and improve upon it, not take away from it.

That's just my opinion, I appreciate others might feel differently.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I can totally respect the team putting resource on truly important enemies, but at the same time you have to admit that it is a shame that this is a compromised remake.
(Not just the enemies, Claire's bow gun is also missing.)

I guess none of us ever expected to deal with any sort of compromise when we asked for a remake.
We thought it's gonna be 99% faithful remake like REmake, with MORE stuff in it, not less.

Can't you have more stuff while also cutting some other? I mean, the bowgun isn't in the game but we do have more guns and more options for those guns.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I can totally respect the team putting resource on truly important enemies, but at the same time you have to admit that it is a shame that this is a compromised remake.

I guess none of us ever expected to deal with any sort of compromise when we asked for a remake.
We thought it's gonna be 99% faithful remake like REmake, with MORE stuff in it, not less.

It has a brand new area for Sherry. New gameplay mechanics for Ada and Mr X follows you throughout the RPD as you're exploring. And that's just the stuff we know.

Enemies getting cut isn't great, but I'll bet you there's more content here than there is in the original release

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So that means outside of bosses we're only getting 4 regular enemy types?

- Zombie
- Zombie-Dog
- Licker
- Ivy

That's really not that much. But at least they're not only mold-people like in 7.
G-Adult is a normal enemy now, Mr. X is a pretty reoccurring threat.

I'm also going to point out that none of the enemies that were cut were "regular" enemy types. Crows and Moths appeared both in only one room in the original, they were more "special events" than reoccurring enemies. Spiders I'll give you despite only appearing in two rooms in the original as Dogs kinda' were similar in RE2.

Honestly, for "regular" enemy types of the original game versus the remake, the only difference is Spiders are no longer in, but G-Adult is now a regular enemy. And likewise, there's far more variety to the monsters in the remake than there were in the original.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
There's a lot that's been added to the game. No reason to be worried about tiny little things being cut or changed around.

Also, to whoever said the devs are being lazy- one single look at the game, even if you haven't played it, screams the opposite of "lazy". C'mon.

JaydensApples

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
G-Adult is a normal enemy now, Mr. X is a pretty reoccurring threat.

I'm also going to point out that none of the enemies that were cut were "regular" enemy types. Crows and Moths appeared both in only one room in the original, they were more "special events" than reoccurring enemies. Spiders I'll give you despite only appearing in two rooms in the original as Dogs kinda' were similar in RE2.

Honestly, for "regular" enemy types of the original game versus the remake, the only difference is Spiders are no longer in, but G-Adult is now a regular enemy. And likewise, there's far more variety to the monsters in the remake than there were in the original.
Mic drop

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Can't you have more stuff while also cutting some other? I mean, the bowgun isn't in the game but we do have more guns and more options for those guns.

Yeah, that is honestly great and I'm glad we are getting more guns. I just personally really like the bow gun, I know it's kinda shit in the original but I like the concept of it.

(I also really want to see those arrows stuck onto enemies' heads in juicy modern graphics)

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
So that means outside of bosses we're only getting 4 regular enemy types?

- Zombie
- Zombie-Dog
- Licker
- Ivy

That's really not that much. But at least they're not only mold-people like in 7.

There were different types of molded enemies in RE7 (Fumer, Blade, Fat) not to mention the Bakers who would change/evolve and pester you throughout the game.

But yeah, enemy variety isn't good.

I wonder how/if "realism guy" will tackle a hypothetical RE3 hunter.

Clairesker

Jan 19, 2019
I also should clarify I think "realism" as defined by the devs isn't so much what people think it means. One thing to keep in mind is "realism" is being translated as an English term Japanese devs are using to define something to them. It's obvious there's a lot of unrealistic aspects to the game. By "Realism", they more mean fits in the world, and not just in terms of setting but all the aspects of the game, from mechanics to story telling to ability to implement it with the design of the game and the like. This has to do with what I was posting above, but they did a lot of work to make the enemies feel like they live in the world in the game, that the environments responds to them, they have a weight in the world, and have complexities to make them feel like they belong within the game world. This includes how they work mechanically, how they work within the world, etc. You may notice a lot of their "Realistic" talk is aimed at the enemies, and that's because they had to spend a lot of time making the enemies work with all the systems they have going on in the game. One of the earlier concepts of the game which is still kinda' present was to tell a lot of the enemies stories in small ways in the environment, that environment storytelling could help you piece together how zombies dies and turned into zombies, how monsters managed to get into certain places. And then with the environment storytelling, to try and make the enemies not scripted "Same every time" affairs, but for them to have dynamic AI based on the current situation. There's also aspects related to what they've decided to focus on of course, but "Realism" I think is more a term they're using to try and describe a more complex concept in development that's a bit hard to express.

Just keep in mind you're dealing with an abstract concept of something rather than the game itself.
Just keep in mind all this you wrote is cute on the forums, and to flex your source muscle. But as I said, had the giant mutated croc been cut, I guarantee you'd say the same thing. But be open to the realism excuse being used when they want to use it. Even the producers said that.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
It has a brand new area for Sherry. New gameplay mechanics for Ada and Mr X follows you throughout the RPD as you're exploring. And that's just the stuff we know.

Enemies getting cut isn't great, but I'll bet you there's more content here than there is in the original release

Yeah I guess you are right...

Fine, I'll smile okay.
faceapp-Resident-Evil-Wesker-2.jpg

4 days left, baby.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going to do this since we're talking about it...

Here's every enemy in the original RE2:

9130c1e1991b7502827f453ed28bc071.png

Now to break this down in comparison to the remake:

-Zombies are in and have more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Lickers are in and have more detail and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Zombie dogs are in and have more detail and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Crows are in the game, but they're no longer enemies. In the original they broke through the windows of a single hall and flew around in circles.
-Marvin is in the game as a zombie. There's actually MORE special zombies like Marvin in the game I'll also mention, dynamic zombies for certain scenarios and characters.
-G-Type Adult is in the game and now is a regular enemy type, has a LOT more depth than the original.
-G-Type Young is in the game, it's attached to G-Type Adult like the original but reimagined.
-Large Roaches are in a game, but more of an environmental thing and occasional hazard than an enemy type (which they only appeared in a single room for Sherry as a hazard in the original, so pretty accurate).
-Giant Spiders are cut, though actual spiders do sometimes appear but not as an enemy.
-Giant Alligator is in the game.
-Evolved Lickers were cut, but there's a lot more depth and mechanical variety to the regular Lickers.
-Vines are in the game, but like the original they're more a hazard.
-Ivy is in the game and has more detail and mechanical depth than ever before. Poison Ivy and Ivy are combined a bit now, but there's more individual variety.
-Larvae and Giant Moth were cut, well for one Larvae weren't enemies in the original but this list includes everything. There was literally only one moth in the original and all it did was fly around and poison you.
-G1 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G2 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G3 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G4 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G5 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Mr. X is in the game has has more role and mechanical depth within the game than ever before.
-Mr. X's Mutation is in the game and has more to it as well (he's been GREATLY reimagined in design and function).
-Brad Vickers makes a cameo, but his zombie isn't in this game (maybe due to something planned for REmake 3), however the zombies have more special variety types than the original did.

Just to break this down.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That's it people. It's over. Nuke everything and let's go home.

... I'm really sad now.
You know how all the characters in REmake 2 have more depth to them now? REmake 3 is in the works and I think they're going to do more with Brad and he may end up dying and doing something different in REmake 3. In the original he gave you a costume key, but in the remake costumes are unlockables/DLC. However, they do have Brad cameo where he was and there's a hidden secret in the area he was in the remake.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem can you give me an example of a secret? Like do you just mean random optional safes and lockers/rooms with stuff or are the actual secrets that lead to secret areas?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'm so stoked for this. Spidergate is ridiculous imo. I'm a pretty big fanboy of the classic RE titles, but removing spiders doesn't bother me at all.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
So I'm going to do this since we're talking about it...

Here's every enemy in the original RE2:

9130c1e1991b7502827f453ed28bc071.png

Now to break this down in comparison to the remake:

-Zombies are in and have more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Lickers are in and have more detail and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Zombie dogs are in and have more detail and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Crows are in the game, but they're no longer enemies. In the original they broke through the windows of a single hall and flew around in circles.
-Marvin is in the game as a zombie. There's actually MORE special zombies like Marvin in the game I'll also mention, dynamic zombies for certain scenarios and characters.
-G-Type Adult is in the game and now is a regular enemy type, has a LOT more depth than the original.
-G-Type Young is in the game, it's attached to G-Type Adult like the original but reimagined.
-Large Roaches are in a game, but more of an environmental thing and occasional hazard than an enemy type (which they only appeared in a single room for Sherry as a hazard in the original, so pretty accurate).
-Giant Spiders are cut, though actual spiders do sometimes appear but not as an enemy.
-Giant Alligator is in the game.
-Evolved Lickers were cut, but there's a lot more depth and mechanical variety to the regular Lickers.
-Vines are in the game, but like the original they're more a hazard.
-Ivy is in the game and has more detail and mechanical depth than ever before. Poison Ivy and Ivy are combined a bit now, but there's more individual variety.
-Larvae and Giant Moth were cut, well for one Larvae weren't enemies in the original but this list includes everything. There was literally only one moth in the original and all it did was fly around and poison you.
-G1 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G2 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G3 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G4 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-G5 is in the game and has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
-Mr. X is in the game has has more role and mechanical depth within the game than ever before.
-Mr. X's Mutation is in the game and has more to it as well (he's been GREATLY reimagined in design and function).
-Brad Vickers makes a cameo, but his zombie isn't in this game (maybe due to something planned for REmake 3), however the zombies have more special variety types than the original did.

Just to break this down.

Thanks for the analysis but I really want to point out how old RE games absolutely put RE7 to shame with its enemy variety and more importantly creativity in that variety.

I am starting to feel like the new RE engine might be bad for their creativity in general, IF it turns out to be true that making unique enemies is now harder and takes more resources with the engine.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I think people getting upset about spiders really need to reconsider their state of mind considering that they took the time to change so much shit for the better especially wrt enemy design and level design in general.

That one person saying "it should have been like REmake with more stuff" needs to understand that a remake, as a creative vision, isn't just putting the same thing & adding more on top of it. It's understanding where it works and where it doesn't, and push the concept of what worked even further. REmake 2 isn't poising itself to be the fast food of RE remake, it's pushing itself to be a recreation of a classic with a clear vision of what it needs in order to be as striking as the original.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
You know how all the characters in REmake 2 have more depth to them now? REmake 3 is in the works and I think they're going to do more with Brad and he may end up dying and doing something different in REmake 3. In the original he gave you a costume key, but in the remake costumes are unlockables/DLC. However, they do have Brad cameo where he was and there's a hidden secret in the area he was in the remake.

As long as there are other references to Jill and/or Nemesis I'm good.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem can you give me an example of a secret? Like do you just mean random optional safes and lockers/rooms with stuff or are the actual secrets that lead to secret areas?

I might be missing context here to the question, but there's a lot of little secrets in REmake 2. Like Wesker's hidden photo is in the game, but how you get it now is a bit different. There's a lot of hidden secrets, for Brad's thing there's a hidden room where Brad once was with a combination lock on it that you do need to open to access. Some people kinda' saw parts of it with the PC trainer stuff, but that's a piece of it. There's also a lot of new secrets and small things that people probably won't fully discover for a while, there was a lot of attention put into the game.

Thanks for the analysis but I really want to point out how old RE games absolutely put RE7 to shame with its enemy variety and more importantly creativity in that variety.

The enemies in REmake 2 won

I might be missing context here to the question, but there's a lot of little secrets in REmake 2. Like Wesker's hidden photo is in the game, but how you get it now is a bit different. There's a lot of hidden secrets, for Brad's thing there's a hidden room where Brad once was with a combination lock on it that you do need to open to access. Some people kinda' saw parts of it with the PC trainer stuff, but that's a piece of it.

The enemies in REmake 2 won't be a repeat of RE7, I can guarantee you that. I also can say that the enemies in REmake 2 put the ones in the original to shame, but that is something people will have to come to the conclusion of by playing it themselves. A thing I don't think a lot of people are realizing is how much more the enemies in the remake do compared to the original. Like again I'm using zombies since they were in the demo, in the original RE2 and most of the classics zombies shamble towards you when alerted, and grab you when near. They're pretty simple enemies and worked well with what the old RE games are, but that's the mechanical depth of most zombies in the original (some vomited sometimes, but it was rare and that was the most extreme thing they could do), and maybe about 70% of the enemies in the original RE2 were zombies, almost every other type of enemy outside of zombies only appeared briefly in the original. REmake 2 not only does a lot more with zombies, but with all of it's enemies. There's more variety in REmake 2's scenarios and enemy encounters than there were in RE2, period.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am starting to feel like the new RE engine might be bad for their creativity in general, IF it turns out to be true that making unique enemies is now harder and takes more resources with the engine.
.....Devil May Cry V

Dec 6, 2017
US
Still looking forward to it like crazy but this thread is the first Spoiler Thread that has actively diminished my excitement.

The enemy variety is really irritating to read about especially after RE7's glaring, stupidly obvious lack of it.

I understand going for a holistic tone and some OG RE2 enemies possibly coming off too silly with this current setting but it's still a video game and lack of variety gets on my nerves eventually, no matter how 'fitting'. That whole realism interview bit is bizarre to me related to a Resident Evil game.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I think people getting upset about spiders really need to reconsider their state of mind considering that they took the time to change so much shit for the better especially wrt enemy design and level design in general.

That one person saying "it should have been like REmake with more stuff" needs to understand that a remake, as a creative vision, isn't just putting the same thing & adding more on top of it. It's understanding where it works and where it doesn't, and push the concept of what worked even further. REmake 2 isn't poising itself to be the fast food of RE remake, it's pushing itself to be a recreation of a classic with a clear vision of what it needs in order to be as striking as the original.

I think, at least speaking personally, it's more of a reaction to Resident Evil 7, which was almost great, but clearly started to feel like less time and money was put into it the farther you got in the game, with the biggest problem of all being a lack of enemy variety

Now, as it stands, even without the cut enemies I'm sure RE2 will have better enemy variety especially given the care and attention they've put into the zombies, but it was disappointing that 4 enemies that could have potentially been reimagined the same way and used to spice up a game that seems like it's twice as long as the original didn't make the cut, whether it was due to lack of time, money, or it didn't mesh with the remake either artistically or mechanically.

I'm certainly not writing the game off, but I was looking forward to an RE game with tons of enemy variety again after how dry 7 was. It's entirely possible once I play the final game it's paced and designed in such a way that that's not an issue...buuuut it would have been dope if those 4 enemies were still in.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I think, at least speaking personally, it's more of a reaction to Resident Evil 7, which was almost great, but clearly started to feel like less time and money was put into it the farther you got in the game, with the biggest problem of all being a lack of enemy variety

Now, as it stands, even without the cut enemies I'm sure RE2 will have better enemy variety especially given the care and attention they've put into the zombies, but it was disappointing that 4 enemies that could have potentially been reimagined the same way and used to spice up a game that seems like it's twice as long as the original didn't make the cut, whether it was due to lack of time, money, or it didn't mesh with the remake either artistically or mechanically.

I'm certainly not writing the game off, but I was looking forward to an RE game with tons of enemy variety again after how dry 7 was. It's entirely possible once I play the final game it's paced and designed in such a way that that's not an issue...buuuut it would have been dope if those 4 enemies were still in.

Personally, I don't think the latest stretch of the game will be impacted by less enemies. Especially if they really did expand the current enemies to be deeper in terms of interaction with the level design. More encounters with William Birkin would already make it more engrossing than the spiders for example. That's my take anyway

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Still looking forward to it like crazy but this thread is the first Spoiler Thread that has actively diminished my excitement.

The enemy variety is really irritating to read about especially after RE7's glaring, stupidly obvious lack of it.

I understand going for a holistic tone and some OG RE2 enemies possibly coming off too silly with this current setting but it's still a video game and lack of variety gets on my nerves eventually, no matter how 'fitting'. That whole realism interview bit is bizarre to me related to a Resident Evil game.

I'm going to repeat this, people are thinking of things in an abstract way without context and are being disappointed of what "could've been", even though the original RE2 didn't do anything with what "could've been", and REmake 2 does a LOT more with "what it could be's" than people here are considering due to what the discussion is focused on currently, which is absent things without the context of why they're absent or what's there in it's place within the game itself, and are reading into this scenario with the wrong lens.

For what it's worth, the review embargo lifts in 26 and a half hours from now. I don't know how it'll perform precisely, but I highly suspect this is going to be one of the top scoring RE games ever, and most certainly within the last decade. I also think when all is said and done, many are going to like this remake more than the original RE2.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of spiders and the black lickers is a damn shame, IMO. Then again, those two things will not make or break this game.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT:

Another issue that I personally have is the fact the handgun & shotgun ammo are the exact same asset as the ones in RE7, like it's literally the same assets.
I know I know, this is literally no big deal, and I agree. However, RE2 is a unique game, it's not a RE7 DLC.
All standalone Resident Evil games have their own unique assets espeically when it comes to ammo, I was honestly expecting them to make unique ammo assets just for this remake, or maybe an updated version of the original asset.

For comparison:

RE7
nv81G4B.png

RE2
YsFDmAS.png

Just my personal pet peeve.

Wait for reviews and then tell me if you think the game is compromised.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I might be missing context here to the question, but there's a lot of little secrets in REmake 2. Like Wesker's hidden photo is in the game, but how you get it now is a bit different. There's a lot of hidden secrets, for Brad's thing there's a hidden room where Brad once was with a combination lock on it that you do need to open to access. Some people kinda' saw parts of it with the PC trainer stuff, but that's a piece of it. There's also a lot of new secrets and small things that people probably won't fully discover for a while, there was a lot of attention put into the game.
Nah you told me what I wanted to know. All good.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm going to repeat this, people are thinking of things in an abstract way without context and are being disappointed of what "could've been", even though the original RE2 didn't do anything with what "could've been", and REmake 2 does a LOT more with what it could be than people here are considering due to what the discussion is focused on, and are reading into this scenario with the wrong lens.

For what it's worth, the review embargo lifts in 26 and a half hours from now. I don't know how it'll perform precisely, but I highly suspect this is going to be one of the top scoring RE games ever, and most certainly within the last decade. I also think when all is said and done, many are going to like this remake more than the original RE2.

You don't have to repeat that because that's just my opinion. I'm still buying it and can't wait to play and enjoyed the demo immensely, lack of enemy variety is just a huge pet peeve of mine with several great games in recent years haven been marred by it for my tastes. RE7 being the worst offender, so reading this is a fucking bummer.

I frankly assumed they would've expanded upon all this and I would've loved to have seen more "serious"/realistic re-designs of some of the more outlandish enemy types instead of cuts. I mean, it's a remake so I would've liked to have seen some of that in a modern context, I'm not viewing anything with a wrong lens, that's just what I was psyched for whether you think that's justified or not.

In no way do I think the game will be less than the original, overall boring or anything like that, as a matter of fact I think it'll be amazing overall based on the demo. Again, it's just a huge pet peeve and I don't get the concept as a player.

Since I assume you're playing/have played, have they expanded the HUD options in the final version over the demo? Please tell me there's a way to turn off all those markers separately from the reticle, that's what's making me sweat at night.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
They almost cut Ivy too? What the hell is wrong with this ''realism'' guy and why is he in charged of RE2 remake?
Get someone who actually liked the entirety of RE2 to remake it okay?
It's probably a matter of what they had available. The guy probably is one of the most skilled at the studio for photorealistic representation, which by all means is what they wanted to go for. He said he played RE2 back in 1998 but he was never really big on the franchise and doesn't know it that well, so there's kind of the answer. Actually, this guy helped them create the pipeline for their Photogrammetry studio. That's probably why he's their lead.

I'm sure he's actually fantastic, I just think they should've drawn the pillars of Resident Evil for the entire team in terms of imagery and tone before they set out to remake an old game, to make everyone understand it. Previously, RE7's director who also did Revelations 1 said that it wasn't until they started referencing RE1 and REmake for planning RE7 that he realized that the setting and location in the game had to be a "character", which is something the Queen Zenobia in Revelations sorely lacked indeed.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017

EDIT:

Another issue that I personally have is the fact the handgun & shotgun ammo are the exact same asset as the ones in RE7, like it's literally the same assets.
I know I know, this is literally no big deal, and I agree. However, RE2 is a unique game, it's not a RE7 DLC.
All standalone Resident Evil games have their own unique assets espeically when it comes to ammo, I was honestly expecting them to make unique ammo assets just for this remake, or maybe an updated version of the original asset.

For comparison:

RE7
nv81G4B.png

RE2
YsFDmAS.png

Might be wrong but didn't RE5 had the same ammo design as RE4?

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Cut monsters has me worried for RE3make, because that game nailed randomness. You could end up facing dogs or crows in a hallway for example, now if they can't bother recreating original monsters that means the third game is already compromised. Maybe Nemesis won't have a rocket launcher anymore, doesn't fit the game world either. I mean at first it seems trivial, but the more we agree with these shortcuts, the less varied our experiences are.

Funnily enough enemy variety in 3 is actually worse than 2. So maybe they saved spiders and unique ideas for the sequel. That's my hope, at least. I also would be pretty mad if they get rid of the live selection gameplay feature where you must choose between two options to deal with a hard situation.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT:

For comparison:

RE7
nv81G4B.png

RE2
YsFDmAS.png

RE3 had the same ammo texture as RE2. Same with RE5 and RE4.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Wait for reviews and then tell me if you think the game is compromised.

I'm sure the game will be great and I can't wait for it, but...

Why would I base my judgement on other people's opinion? You think I give a shit what people over at IGN think about this game?
Those people can barely figure out a tutorial level, they can't even stomach Alien Isolation's brilliant design (which is a great horror game) and ended up giving it a 5.9/10.

You'd be crazy if you think I should take these people serious, the IGN reviewer who's reviewing this game probably haven't even played the original RE2. They probably don't even know if G-adult is a new enemy or not.

RE3 had the same ammo texture as RE2. Same with RE5 and RE4.

yeah but they are close to each other in terms of timeline, RE2 and RE7 are literally decades apart.

Again, it's a pet peeve, I just wish there's new asset that's all.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the game will be great and I can't wait for it, but...

Why would I base my judgement on other people's opinion? You think I give a shit what people over at IGN think about this game lol?
Those people can barely figure out a tutorial level, they can't even stomach Alien Isolation's brilliant design (It's a great horror game) and ended up giving it a 5.9/10.

You'd be crazy if you think I should take these people serious, the IGN reviewer who's reviewing this game probably haven't even played the original RE2.

Ok.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Lol, to be fair, I think the Alien Isolation review was hilariously bad. Ryan McCafferey is a nice dude but his arguments were terrible. "The game recommended Hard Mode, but it was too hard, so I dislike the game now." Like, just put it on normal and play it your way then lol.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I had this argument on my discord too.

RE7 is the technological predecessor to RE2 "Remake" in the sense that it established the mechanics of RE Engine, and RE2 clearly reuses but iterated on it.

Canonically it's 1998 vs 2016.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
However, there's a bigger, harder to explain thing going on with REmake 2 specifically. So REmake 2 is a game that focuses a lot on it's own atmosphere, pacing and mechanics. While that can be said of any game, it's very evident Capcom spent a lot of time focusing on and polishing these three aspects. Without going into later detail, in the game you may notice that the monsters have a lot of detail put into them. Since the demo has zombies in it, to use them as an example, IE there's unique animations for nearly every direction a zombie can grab you, unique animations and sounds for different models of zombies (and there's a lot of varying models), what state they're in (what limbs they have, their health, their positioning to your player character), there's context sensitive moments with both the player, the environment, their and the players state, zombies have full body damage and react to different points of their limbs being shot, there's unique situations zombies can trigger dynamically if all the right pieces come together... I could go on.
Just based on the demo I would easily give all that up for a few more enemy types.

Hopefully my views on that change once I get my hands on the full game.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, I'd really like to play Remake. It'll be my first RE game ever, growing up I was too scared to play them. But, now I'm older and less scared of certain genres of horror. However, I FUCKING HATE SPIDERS, especially fictional gigantic ones.

How bad is this game with that? I was watching someone stream the original RE2 and saw some giant ass spiders in some sewer. Are they a common enemy? Because shit already creeped me out watching a stream with old ass pixelated spiders, I can only imagine such a horror in current gen graphics.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I'd really like to play Remake. It'll be my first RE game ever, growing up I was too scared to play them. But, now I'm older and less scared of certain genres of horror. However, I FUCKING HATE SPIDERS, especially fictional gigantic ones.

How bad is this game with that? I was watching someone stream the original RE2 and saw some giant ass spiders in some sewer. Are they a common enemy? Because shit already creeped me out watching a stream with old ass pixelated spiders, I can only imagine such a horror in current gen graphics.

BUDDY IS THIS THREAD FOR YOU

No more spiders in this remake

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They completely cut the spiders.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

They were cut.