• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Every day I check this thread to see some sort of confirmation of fixed camera angles, and every day I leave with no answers. It's agony.
Same. It hurts not knowing. I'm positive I'll love this game regardless, but I know I'd love fixed camera. I'm not even here for other spoilers or info - just a confirmation on that fixed camera.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I don't know if it's allowed to request such links, so it's better to avoid any kind of trouble =p
As long as it ain't some kinda dank link to something naughty such as a download of the game itself, which doesn't exist at this point, it's golden. A better reason one would confine leaks to PM would be to hide them from reps of Capcom looking at this thread and swatting the files with copyright claims as they come up, as they did to that footage earlier.

Athreous

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
As long as it ain't some kinda dank link to something naughty such as a download of the game itself, which doesn't exist at this point, it's golden. A better reason one would confine leaks to PM would be to hide them from reps of Capcom looking at this thread and swatting the files with copyright claims as they come up, as they did to that footage earlier.
Oh, tyvm for the info!
Anyone got a mirror to that amazon link? :D

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Still can't believe no spiders. With all the enemies included plus some new ones this would have been my game of the generation.

Now I think it will be a great game that's it

GamrzPeterz

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Dusk Golem Hi, I am still confused, there is Leon A, Claire A, Leon B, Claire B? I saw the leak videos and looks like that is true, but somebody can help me with my doubt? what is happening? the developers said that there is only one story with each character, nothing else

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
still confused, there is Leon A, Claire A, Leon B, Claire B? I saw the leak videos and looks like that is true, but somebody can help me with my doubt? what is happening? the developers said that there is only one story with each character, nothing else

It's just minor changes to the opening based on who you pick first. So it's kiiiinda like a lite version of A/B

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
It's just minor changes to the opening based on who you pick first. So it's kiiiinda like a lite version of A/B
Is the going in from the back/front of the police station depending on who you choose first true as well? I remember hearing from Dusk that the first person you choose goes through the front and the second person goes through the back?

satsuyaki1

Jan 19, 2019
Hey all. Just thought I'd post the first 15 minutes. There was a mirror earlier in this thread but it was only about 7 minutes.
https://mega.nz/#!3JYnkKzS!lKAqXdiBSgPwhDTuvtCLiWYZm__vo7Z-Z_m2zuUJOUg
Also, yes, the fixed camera image is completely fake. It'd be much more productive if people in these kinds of discussions posted actual proof instead of just text.

EDIT: Seems like the file was actually split in two my bad. Link is still available for a direct download

satsuyaki1

Jan 19, 2019
Yeah, I had to split those embeds because of Streamable's limit. It doesn't matter though — the more links the merrier! (: That's the whole point of mirroring
Cool. Like I said though, the Fixed Camera leak that came from /v/ is almost asurredly fake. No one should be expecting it at this point. I think there is probably a lot of misinformation going around about this game from unreliable sources, no matter who it's from. We only just today got the first 15 minutes of the game. It would be smart to re-evaluate your anger/disappointment towards stuff like cut enemies or bosses until there is visual proof of their existence or lackthereof

Last edited:

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
"hey we got all these fancy graphics for blood and guts poppin' and spillin' all over the place"

"how else can we apply this stuff"

"I know — let's shove a big-ass juicy slimy burger into somebody's face"

JaydensApples

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I highly doubt fixed camera angles being an option in remake 2, I just don't think the game is really built for that kind of gameplay. If it was an option I'm sure capcom (or even leakers) would announce it or show it off. Plus putting In the camera angles and making sure they don't feel tacky or awkward would require a lot of time and effort...time and effort that could be spent on polishing the game.

I bet my right testicle there won't be an option for it so people, please try and not get your hopes up.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I highly doubt fixed camera angles being an option in remake 2, I just don't think the game is really built for that kind of gameplay. If it was an option I'm sure capcom (or even leakers) would announce it or show it off. Plus putting In the camera angles and making sure they don't feel tacky or awkward would require a lot of time and effort...time and effort that could be spent on polishing the game.

I bet my right testicle there won't be an option for it so people, please try and not get your hopes up.

i post this video many times and tell everybody that how fixed camera gonna work on this area ?

JaydensApples

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
i post this video many times and tell everybody that how fixed camera gonna work on this area ?

Exactly. This game just isn't designed for old fashioned camera angles. And that's good! It means this game can be its own thing! We already have a game that caters to the classic needs of old fans clammerimg for camera angles. It's called Resident evil 2.
The original one.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
If fixed cameras are in, then they are most likely fixed angles until you aim, where the camera would temporarily transition to OTS. There are a lot of puzzles in the game that were designed with OTS camera (eg. Ada's Hack Tool would never work with fixed angles)

JaydensApples

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I mean I am not expecting it but that's how I think it would be if it was in the game. The RE 3.5 camera would work in that puzzle.
Honestly I hope so! The more ways to play and have fun in this game, the better. Plus it's a sick as callback! I just wanna keep expectations low for anything extra such as camera angles in the event that capcom doesn't include it. Which seems to be the more likely circumstance here.

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
The leaked intro of Claire makes the journey to the police station seem a lot shorter than it is the original - I'm guessing Leon gets to go via the gun shop?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
The leaked intro of Claire makes the journey to the police station seem a lot shorter than it is the original - I'm guessing Leon gets to go via the gun shop?
I believe they rearranged things, so that you end up on the streets during a different section of the game. Leon goes to the gun story after RPD, not before for example

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing all weekend (review copy). Can't say much due to embargo, but I will say that it's phenomenal.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
It's very good, guys (to say the least).

Can't say much, but I can tell you that the lack of spiders, of all things, isn't an issue.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm bursting with things I wanna say about this game, but I don't wanna get in trouble lol

I'd say veteran RE2 fans don't really need to worry about things that people usually worry about with remakes. And those who've never played RE2 are obviously going to love it.

This game keeps proving that there isn't any reason for any of us to worry about it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

Easy: perspective change for Ada's segment, kinda like how Ashleys controllable chapter in RE4 in the japanese version has the fixed camera briefly, this would be the opposite. Then it swaps back to fixed when you switch to Leon.

I would think Sherrys part would swap to OTS as well.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
For the record, RE6 has a room in which Chris's campaign is fixed camera. In fact it has several and it just worked.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
For the record, RE6 has a room in which Chris's campaign is fixed camera. In fact it has several and it just worked.

RE5 Lost in Nightmares dlc had fixed camera option as well. It could absolutely works well in RE2.

But even if it's not included, PC modders likely will work on this later on. ;)

Last edited: