• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1547927806089.jpg

463079372182519808.png
Now tell us how to get Zombie Brad Chambers in this remake, please. STAT. 😄

Does the old way work ?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8wgn3hh.gif

Zombie Brad? Hmmm.
Will Matt suffice?
jOzpuaX.png
LMAO.
It's safe to say it doesn't. At least not in the first scenario. The intro is very different and I not sure there are even itens to get before arriving at the RPD.
Right now no one I know has managed to get Zombie Brad. There's just the poster that has him on it. He's either out or it's more convoluted than last time.
Awww. That's a shame. 😞

I wanted to rock that shit from the jump, for nostalgia reasons.

Thanks for the heads up though. ❤️👍

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
So wait, Robert Kendo isn't in this and you don't go in the Kendo gun shop?

I haven't seen it on any of the leaked footage, that's a pretty big omission for such an iconic moment from the original.

Was hoping for a "Sorry about that baaaabe"

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark

I haven't seen it on any of the leaked footage, that's a pretty big omission for such an iconic moment from the original.

I seem to have seen people refer to him a lot though. I think last I heard he just has been put in as an encounter that happens later in the game. Don't quote me on that though. My memory fails me.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

I might be getting my wires crossed, but I think someone said Leon meets him but it's later in the game as opposed to the beginning.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I seem to have seen people refer to him a lot though. I think last I heard he just has been put in as an encounter that happens later in the game. Don't quote me on that though. My memory fails me.

He's in a later section. There's footage of Leon and Ada going there

Ah ok, got ya, so they basically just altered the timeline. Glad to see he will be making an appearance.

Appreciate the information both of you :).

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I might be getting my wires crossed, but I think someone said Leon meets him but it's later in the game as opposed to the beginning.

Somebody just clarified that, which is really good because I feel like, despite his very small part in the original he is an iconic character, if anything I hope he has a somewhat bigger role in this one.

I appreciate the response though, thank you :).

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
With his weird fucked voice, that was pitched down for some reason. LMAO.

xI17k6L.gif

Haha yeah they did pitch it down, I remember on the resi 2 demo with directors cut his voice was a lot higher lol!

His voice did sound better in the final version though, that's what made it so great I think lol!

It's second only to Alfred in code veronica and his weird laugh as one of the greatest things in resident evil lol.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Why the fuck are they changing so much from the original game? They completely neutered the opening.
They have pretensions and misconceptions about "realism" and probably didn't realize what tone or razor drove the original (Terminator 2, 90s action movies in general, Kamiya's taste for "style")

Another factor is that Mikami and Capcom clearly went back to Survival Horror roots because The Last of Us proved you can sell a game on horror and grounded tone in 2013, so we got The Evil Within and Revelations 2 sort of going in that direction sharing many design trends (throwing bricks, listening through walls. Stealth), and I think RE2 Remake is marketed that way too.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha yeah they did pitch it down, I remember on the resi 2 demo with directors cut his voice was a lot higher lol!

His voice did sound better in the final version though, that's what made it so great I think lol!
LOL. 😄
It's second only to Alfred in code veronica and his weird laugh as one of the greatest things in resident evil lol.
It's been so long since i played that. Fuck me. LOL.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So are A and B scenarios confirmed? OP says they are in? Or is that just rumour?
No A/B. Leon and Claire's campaigns are very similar aside from Leon dealing with Ada, and Claire dealing with Sherry. What does change is the beginning and ending of the campaigns. If you play Claire first, she goes in the front of the RPD, tries to save Elliot, meets Marvin. Play Leon second, he has to go in through the back of the RPD. Play Leon first, it's the reverse. The end of the second person you play as is who gets to fight the true final boss. You do unlock "2nd Run" for each character after being the campaigns, but I'm not sure what they are as our source hasn't played them yet. Likely just new game plus that lets you experience the different opening/ending with the opposite character.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I tend to be the dude that asks questions a million other people already asked but... do we know if this has a global unlock time, or is there a chance we may be able to unlock this early on PC?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to be the dude that asks questions a million other people already asked but... do we know if this has a global unlock time, or is there a chance we may be able to unlock this early on PC?
Apparently the unlock time was changed to the 24th on steamDB. So I assume there might be a global unlock time for 00:00 GMT, which would still make it the 24th in the US.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
No A/B. Leon and Claire's campaigns are very similar aside from Leon dealing with Ada, and Claire dealing with Sherry. What does change is the beginning and ending of the campaigns. If you play Claire first, she goes in the front of the RPD, tries to save Elliot, meets Marvin. Play Leon second, he has to go in through the back of the RPD. Play Leon first, it's the reverse. The end of the second person you play as is who gets to fight the true final boss. You do unlock "2nd Run" for each character after being the campaigns, but I'm not sure what they are as our source hasn't played them yet. Likely just new game plus that lets you experience the different opening/ending with the opposite character.

So does that mean that gameplay segments throughout the campaign are pretty much the same for Leon and Claire and that only minor differences exist but they essentially just character swap for most of it?

If so that would be quite disappointing, was hoping it would be more like the A/B from the original.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers, but does anybody have an idea of how long the game is? Thanks!
Varies heavily. The person we got our information from cleared both campaigns in under 10 hours, but he's an RE expert. Another rando online showed his screenshot of him taking over 8 hours just to clear one of the two campaigns.

So does that mean that gameplay segments throughout the campaign are pretty much the same for Leon and Claire and that only minor differences exist but they essentially just character swap for most of it?

If so that would be quite disappointing, was hoping it would be more like the A/B from the original.
Pretty much, but there's differences. They unlock different doors, get different weapons, stuff like that. Also Claire has a part of her campaign based around Sherry, while Leon has a part of his based around Ada.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Can I get a PM on this opening video?

Interestingly I've always enjoyed watching opening videos, even if before the game is out. Ending videos on the other hand...