• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think RE2's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 467 21.8%
  • 89-92

Votes: 1,050 49.1%
  • 85-88

Votes: 500 23.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 77 3.6%
  • <80

Votes: 45 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that ign revision is gonna come with a score bump right. 20% of this dude's review is currently stricken out lmao

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
One thing I will never understand about horror games is people being worried they are too short. Like, one of the main problems of Alien Isolation was that it needed to be cut down by at least half if not 2/3s.

Am I only one who prefers shorter horror games? Familiarity ruins any tension.

Ithink you're being a little bit extreme with that axe against Isolations - I'd cut less than half - but overall I agree. But at the same that is true for Alien Isolation because the only thing that truly worked in it as far as mechanics go were the horror segments. When the game tried to be more focused on stealth or combat it lost its way. Resident Evil whoever can do those things, which can allow for a bigger length without compromising the pacing.

All that said, RE2's campaign lengths seems just about right. Although I think a bonus mode (already announced, now it only has to be good) is needed to give the game a longer life.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I was also under the impression the lack of a zapping system meant there was no A/B, but it looks like there actually is, what?

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome scores, congratulations to the team! Easily one of my most anticipated games this year. Can't wait for Friday!

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I have no idea what the second half of 2019 will be like but this looks an easy GotY contender.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Does the game explains what are the A/B scenarios? Because I never played this game and unless it was clearly explained, I would not play all possible campaigns ever.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This happened:
bq758e1.jpg

Imagine being paid to write about games and then publishing something like this.

This is why people think IGN is stupid. (I didn't say IGN is stupid, ''people'' did, and come on let's be honest here nobody think they are smart.)

This shit right here is exactly why people keep making fun of IGN.
They are so incredibly numb, shallow and impatient even compared to your average mainstream gamers, and they are always too quick to pass the judgement as if they think they know what they're talking about. It's sometimes funny to me how they take their own reviews seriously when clearly it's just amatuer level shit. Even YouTube reviewers like AngryJoe or Skill UP writes reviews that's more professional, insightful and informative.

IGN is the DSP Gaming of video game journalism. They are the ''There's no gun in the demo'' of video game critics.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I will never understand about horror games is people being worried they are too short. Like, one of the main problems of Alien Isolation was that it needed to be cut down by at least half if not 2/3s.

Am I only one who prefers shorter horror games? Familiarity ruins any tension.
the length alone is not a problem with alien isolation. the length became a problem because the ideas it had started to wear thin. resident evil 4 is just as long as alien isolation but it has a steady steam of new locations and enemies and encounters and weapons to keep you entertained. "too short" is basically, the game is over and i've not had my fill yet.

Sep 14, 2018
Does the game explains what are the A/B scenarios? Because I never played this game and unless it was clearly explained, I would not play all possible campaigns ever.

the scenarios are just who goes first and who goes second, don't worry about it, it's really not a big deal, just pick the character you want to start with and go from there.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
the length alone is not a problem with alien isolation. the length became a problem because the ideas it had started to wear thin. resident evil 4 is just as long as alien isolation but it has a steady steam of new locations and enemies and encounters and weapons to keep you entertained. "too short" is basically, the game is over and i've not had my fill yet.

To me, even with more ideas, lenght would've been a problem. All horror games I recently enjoyed were comfortably with 10h and Alien was one exception and explicitly ag ame I wanted to be over about 8 hours in. It were lovely 8 hours, but it was as good as done in my eyes by then.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
What are some other spoiler-free reviews out there that you could recommend guys? I checked out the SkillUp review and thought it was great.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IGN`s review is now a 9.0. Imagine being paid to do this shit. EDIT Fuck, and its Damon Hatfield. Guy is fucking years old on IGN already. Come on, Damon.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Day fucking 1 with this. Buddy of mine is buying it and he has a really nice home theater system. We're ready to shit ourselves :D

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Resident Evil 2 paves a brilliant path for the future of the franchise.-IGN.
Wow, So, they went from plagiarized reviews to not give a damn reviews or games they pretend to play. This site has become a joke.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The IGN review now says the scenario B of each character isn't much different than the first one. this is what, a few hours before the reviewer didnt know about the different scenarios? What the fuck?

"The one big letdown is that the two characters' stories aren't different enough to make the second playthrough as rewarding as the first, even after unlocking the 2nd Game mode. But whichever you choose to play as, the experience of playing through the new Resident Evil 2 for the first time establishes a new standard for remaking classic games. "

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The IGN review now says the scenario B of each character isn't much different than the first one. this is what, a few hours before the reviewer didnt know about the different scenarios? What the fuck?

"The one big letdown is that the two characters' stories aren't different enough to make the second playthrough as rewarding as the first, even after unlocking the 2nd Game mode. But whichever you choose to play as, the experience of playing through the new Resident Evil 2 for the first time establishes a new standard for remaking classic games. "
Seems like they are desperately trying to salvage the original review, just embarrassing all around.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

He played it thru once and that was it.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
L
Offering a better translation of GameKult's review :

7/10 (to note that they never gave a 10/10, 7/10 is what they consider to be a "good" game)

+ Ambiance masterpiece
+ Mastery of pacing between action, exploration & survival
+ Gore enthousiasts, rejoice !
+ Impeccable fluidity

- Double sided scenario as disappointing as it is incoherent [obviously all those points are developed in the full review, here Puyo says that while it is a great hommage, the narrative limitations of the original game are the same in this remake, which makes this narrative structure disappointing, especially after Resident Evil 7 which went out of the beaten path]
- Main campaign is too quickly beaten
- Zombies are a tad too resistant to our taste ['our taste' meaning GameKult's redaction]
- Movement mechanics are a bit too limited

Disappointed it seems the A/B potential was completely wasted.

Gutted it's a bit short as well considering they added to the original.

But everything else sounds good.