• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think RE2's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 467 21.8%
  • 89-92

Votes: 1,050 49.1%
  • 85-88

Votes: 500 23.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 77 3.6%
  • <80

Votes: 45 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
About the second run thing-

Finish Leon first, you unlock Claire B. Finish Claire first, you unlock Leon B. Simple as that.

The second run story of both characters is different from their A story, obviously.

A campaigns for both have plenty of similarities, at least in the early stages.

So we actually have 4 playthroughs that has differences?, Leon A and Leon B, and Claire A and Claire B?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of overlap in the two 'A' runs. The main differentiator being a particular transitory section (Gun Shop / Sewers for Leon and Orphanage for Claire), but honestly, it's not a huge amount of content.

I'd mix it up and play and A/B/A/B route, so you're getting more variation from playthrough to playthrough.

So basically just like the original? Leon A/Claire B then Claire A/Leon B?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this. Feels like fans of the original trilogy like myself have been neglected a long time. To actually have a third person horror Resident Evil back is pretty incredible, even if it isn't a brand new game. RE4 marked a departure for the series, and it's never really returned to its roots since then. And I don't consider RE4 the best in the series regardless. That title goes to RE. The fact that they seemed to have done a good job of remaking RE2 makes me hopeful for the future. Maybe we'll get a new Resident Evil similar to this. (Even if I did enjoy the more action oriented RE games in co-op, the originals are special in their own way and something that hasn't been replicated since.)

RE7 was unquestionably a return to the classic series roots.

Geek

Nov 8, 2017
Without spoilers, is the B scenario for the other character significantly different than the A scenario for the character you beat the game as?
It's pretty different. In Claire's B scenario at least ...

You encounter a certain enemy VERY quickly, there are more Lickers, you get different weapons, etc.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
It's not only this, they dedicated an enitre paragraph to this issue:

Dxh6DWsWkAIedVY.jpg

The game got a 8.8 from them, maybe if wasn't for this mistake on their part the game could have gotten a 9?

Wow, how did they mess that up? Even highlighted a quote from it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure Claire A / Leon B. Someone feel free to correct me on that though.

Neither was ever confirmed as Canon but Claire A/Leon B makes the most sense for the series's future.

Sherry gets infected with G and Ada doesn't somehow magically survive falling down an infinite chasm (makes more sense for her to survive being thrown into a computer terminal and seemingly passing out making Leon think she died).

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Has any review touched on if difficulty changes puzzles at all? Being pretty terrible at RE games, I may do easy first but if I miss out on puzzles then i'd stick to normal.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Only thing stopping me from preordering this is because the game is probably too good.

I never played RE2, but I know about the giant spiders... I DO NOT THINK I CAN HANDLE GIANT PHOTOREALISTIC SPIDERS. THE GAME WILL BE TOO GOOD

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of overlap in the two 'A' runs. The main differentiator being a particular transitory section (Gun Shop / Sewers for Leon and Orphanage for Claire), but honestly, it's not a huge amount of content.

I'd mix it up and play and A/B/A/B route, so you're getting more variation from playthrough to playthrough.
Didn't know they did the B Scenarios as well. Can't wait!

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Has any review touched on if difficulty changes puzzles at all? Being pretty terrible at RE games, I may do easy first but if I miss out on puzzles then i'd stick to normal.
Puzzles aren't really challenging. Simple yet solid, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Difficulty doesn't change puzzles, so decide what difficulty you want based on other things (ammo/health drops, how strong enemies are, whether you want regen health).

Oct 27, 2017
So what seems to be so bad about this whole this new thing surrounding Mr. X?

And any other noticeable flaws that have been acknowledged? Been reading some of the reviews and haven't seen much in terms of complaints or critiques aside from the occasional comment saying that pacing is bad at times.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And any other noticeable flaws that have been acknowledged? Been reading some of the reviews and haven't seen much in terms of complaints or critiques aside from the occasional comment saying that pacing is bad at times.
I take it some people don't like the anxiety of a constant threat. It seems well done here in any case.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Other than earlier this gen, they were always here.

They were great last gen. Sure they had some fuck ups like RE6, DMC and Dark Void, but people seem to forget that they did a lot of good shit last gen.
I'd say from like 2011 to 2017 was pretty rough for them. RE7 was an improvement but they didn't really return to form in my eyes until MHW and now RE2 and DMC5.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
How dare this horror game have horror elements and tension, I want to just relax and take it easy!

I am only speaking for myself here when I say this but I don't think horror should automatically = jump scares and something constantly stalking you.

The original games were scary for the time and the main reason behind that was the atmosphere, the music and the pacing of the game.

I think it's understandable that some people dislike a mechanic which means they will have to be constantly focused on it rather than taking the atmosphere of the game as a whole.

I think it's ok for people to like/dislike this kind of mechanic, I also don't believe this kind of mechanic is needed to make a great horror game (although some people think it is and that's ok.)

Can't expect everybody to like it is what I am saying basically, I liked alien isolation because the entire basis around the alien movies is a thing stalking you that can get you at anytime.

That has never really been resident evil, sure it had elements of that with nemesis and Mr X but they were toned down and location based in those games and in terms of Mr X he was easily escapable bit enough of a threat and challenge that it didn't make it frustrating.

Where as, from what I have read, Mr X in the remake is a constant threat, he stalks you throughout pretty much the entire campaign and to me, that's a tedious mechanic and whilst it might be good the first time round, might produce some jump scares and look good on twitch or social media I don't value something like that as a fun game mechanic as it just becomes a situation where you are constantly running, which becomes boring very fast.

Like I said, not criticising people who like that kind of thing, that's fine, everyone of us have things we enjoy but for me and probably other people it will be a turn off.

As the saying goes though, each to their own.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any updates on XB1X and PS4Pro performance with the retail builds versus the demo? I'm still really torn about which version to get.

Oct 26, 2017
#20by2020

Two new ground up studios, 6 acquisitions
It won't be that bad, you get rid of him and come back to the room and take your time.
You can take time exploring, you can completely lose him and do your own thing.
Being hunted didn't mean you can't take time to explore. Why do you assume that?
I like the feeling of being pressured and a bit tense in horror games. Some find it annoying and thats cool but for me I like the feeling of not being safe and that he can bust through at any time

Ok my bad on that then. That's a good thing then. I just wish they would have kept this stuff to a minimum. Have kept it like Resi 4. But it is what it is. I assume the feedback has been mostly positive about it in Resi 3,otherwise Capcom wouldn't have bothered.

ResidentDuke

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Still waiting on DF analysis to know which version to buy (Xbox one X vs PS4 Pro) Any reviewers input on difference between those 2 versions ?
Edit: Beaten

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Being a horror fan, some people seem to be allergic to the idea of having a stalker/chaser. It doesn't matter if it's well implanted, goes well with the design of the game, anything. If they hear there's a stalker/chaser, they act like it's the worst thing ever.

Personal experience with people and being a horror enthusiast recommending games to others talking here. Some people are so anti-being chased that it's like they close off all reason of how chasers can be done well and poorly. REmake 2's stalker seems to be well done, but just by hearing that there's anything like that in RE2, some are going to have an aneurysm.

For how he works, he stalks some areas. More in the second character you play as than the first person you play as, though.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
A few reviews have mentioned that dodging him becomes more annoying than terrifying as the game progresses, such as by his getting in the way of puzzles.

The general complaints are almost entirely the same as those for the original game: too short, not enough variety in alternate scenarios, not a great story, too much shuffling back and forth for puzzles and items, a little incoherent in approach. In that respect it's a rather faithful remake.

Remake-specific complaints pertain to Mr. X, certain enemies being removed, the soundtrack being overly subdued, and the atmosphere not being as campy as the original.

Overall the reception is extremely positive, though. It sounds like anyone who loves the original and isn't mourning for fixed camera angles will love it.

Last edited: