• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think RE2's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 467 21.8%
  • 89-92

Votes: 1,050 49.1%
  • 85-88

Votes: 500 23.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 77 3.6%
  • <80

Votes: 45 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Holy hell that's a high score. Figured it would be in the 80s but 90s is very unexpected. Wonderful stuff!

Dec 6, 2017
US
everything is cringe, nothing is fun.

People enjoying life without worrying what others think = cringe. Common mantra on same forum = you do you.

Do any of the reviews mention if the commentary gets old?? Having just played the demo I loved when Leon would say "are you kidding me" if I missed a bunch in a row or "fuck you" after a hard enemy, but I wonder if that wears thin.

Good question. It was alright in the demo but I'm hoping as your character theoretically adjusts to the situation, this dies down quickly. As in, it fits in an opening segment, not so much 40 slaughtered zombies in.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
When I first played RE4 I imaged that all future RE games would be like the RE2 remake.

I enjoyed the over the shoulder view in 4 but then expected the series to put that into more of a horror setting going forward instead of the all out action we got with the next two entries.

This is what I've wanted from RE for a decade.

Oct 30, 2017
Happy to see it reviewing well. RE7 got me on the Resident Evil hype train as I really enjoyed my playthroughs of that game. But, I remain petrified of horror games so I'll inevitably watch an entire playthrough so I at least know what to expect. I wouldn't have finished RE7 without going that route first. Also, this Mr. X guy sounds absolutely horrifying to deal with.

Reminds me of the regenerator from Dead Space 2.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2018 started with a great remake and now 2019 starts with a great remake.
Demon's Souls Remake in 2020 confirmed :P

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do any of the reviews mention if the commentary gets old?? Having just played the demo I loved when Leon would say "are you kidding me" if I missed a bunch in a row or "fuck you" after a hard enemy, but I wonder if that wears thin.
No, Karak mention that theres not enough actually and It can be too quiet at times

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Funny the reviews that gave 7 also said it's "must have". Lol.

Kinda hoping to a 93 or 94, still good enough.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Any word on frame rate on PS4PRO? I played the PC demo but am not getting it until I buy my Radeon 7. I don't mind double dipping.

Any info would be appreciated.

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
After spending nearly 3 months to complete RDR 2, I'm so glad this one clocks in around 6 hours.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Happy to see it reviewing well. RE7 got me on the Resident Evil hype train as I really enjoyed my playthroughs of that game. But, I remain petrified of horror games so I'll inevitably watch an entire playthrough so I at least know what to expect. I wouldn't have finished RE7 without going that route first. Also, this Mr. X guy sounds absolutely horrifying to deal with.

Reminds me of the regenerator from Dead Space 2.

This game is definitely not as scary as RE7 so if you can get through that, you should be good.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Any word on the soundtrack? I found the demo way too quiet, and that's why i'm considering picking up the SE.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Any impressions from anyone who played on Hardcore?

Very difficult. Worse than Madhouse. A single bite from a Zombie can take you down to Red Danger. There's only two or so Ink Ribbons for the first area of the RPD. Boss enemies are much faster, as is Mr. X (but he's still manageable). Lickers are pretty much a death sentence if you don't have a weapon that'll stun lock them (and given how rare the ammo is, you probably won't.)

Hardcore is a great challenge, but it's definitely not for your first play.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so when does Akuma get confirmed?
cc3c54cdec02c19a0d737ecffca4b545.jpg

#Believe

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, this should at least help the PS4 keep itself somewhat relevant in Japan for the next few weeks. Here's hoping it becomes a big hit there as RE2 was before it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very difficult. Worse than Madhouse. A single bite from a Zombie can take you down to Red Danger. There's only two or so Ink Ribbons for the first area of the RPD. Boss enemies are much faster, as is Mr. X (but he's still manageable). Lickers are pretty much a death sentence if you don't have a weapon that'll stun lock them (and given how rare the ammo is, you probably won't.)

Hardcore is a great challenge, but it's definitely not for your first play.
FTgmrZI.gif

Hardcore it is then.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I haven't got time to read through all the reviews right now but I just want to know, how often does Mr X appear?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
do you guys think psn deal this week will be older RE games? I wish

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People enjoying life without worrying what others think = cringe. Common mantra on same forum = you do you.

Good question. It was alright in the demo but I'm hoping as your character theoretically adjusts to the situation, this dies down quickly. As in, it fits in an opening segment, not so much 40 slaughtered zombies in.
I had no issues with this. I DID wish they talked just a tiny bit more. Which is a rare thing for me to want. But it might be because I liked this voicework alot.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Aw, according to IGN there's no "RESIDENT EVIL!" guy when you start a new game. Not a big deal but it's been in pretty much every RE game.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I haven't got time to read through all the reviews right now but I just want to know, how often does Mr X appear?

Once he's on the map in RPD, he's on the map and can go most places and into most rooms (but not all, so there are safe spaces). You can lose him, but doing stuff like firing a weapon might draw him from the other side of the building to where you are, etc. He tracks you, basically. Once you leave RPD, he'll show up in a similar fashion in other locations, though he's never as a threatening, always-on-you presence as in his earliest appearances.

Dec 6, 2017
US
FTgmrZI.gif

Hardcore it is then.

No wonder you chose The Cage, you're also nuts, clearly.

I read his post on Hardcore and my balls shriveled.

I had no issues with this. I DID wish they talked just a tiny bit more. Which is a rare thing for me to want. But it might be because I liked this voicework alot.

Thanks and congrats on your viewership. I never really paid attention to it before but when I just clicked it was around 4,000+ views for that RE2 review already, I mean goddamn! Really great reviews and the only reason I didn't check yours yet is because I'm avoiding the full reviews since I want to go in as fresh as possible.

Once he's on the map in RPD, he's on the map and can go most places and into most rooms (but not all, so there are safe spaces). You can lose him, but doing stuff like firing a weapon might draw him from the other side of the building to where you are, etc. He tracks you, basically. Once you leave RPD, he'll show up in a similar fashion in other locations, though he's never as a threatening, always-on-you presence as in his earliest appearances.

That honestly sounds horrible and obnoxious. Weapon fire drawing him is probably the worst tidbit I've read about the entire game yet for my specific tastes.

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the original game where he'd appear in a room and then you'd just exit the room and he's gone. I suggest reading a few reviews, it's a complicated situation.
Quick Q regarding this. i know you can stun him for a bit by shooting him, but can you completely down him for extra items like Nemesis in RE3?

SourKiwi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2018
i can't believe capcom has pulled its head out of its ass after all these years of mediocrity. I'm so happy and i can't wait to play this