• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think RE2's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 467 21.8%
  • 89-92

Votes: 1,050 49.1%
  • 85-88

Votes: 500 23.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 77 3.6%
  • <80

Votes: 45 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
So open critic has one of the reviews listed incorrectly:

qEs6Oeq.png

The actual score they gave it:
4EukOI3.png

It's currently at a 90 on OpenCritic. I'm guessing it will go up once they fix that.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed that they don't have the creature enemies like spiders/moths in the sewers...but whatever. Not a big deal.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Very happy with the reviews although I'm a bit disappointed about the way Capcom chose to handle the alternative play-throughs. It appears they tried to force replayability and inflate the game's length. Also as expected the game takes less than 10 hours to beat.

kerrang

Banned
Jan 13, 2019
Great score but 6 hours on the first run?
I am sure bunch of people going to complain about game length after release, lol.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I don't care about length as long as the game is very replayable.

Based on the demo I know you can skip almost all cinematics, so that's already a big plus for replay value.
Same here, as long as the game is fun and has other modes and secrets, it's fine by me.

A mercenaries or extreme battle mode would be awesome...

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
can Mr. X follow you into save rooms?

Of course not. That would be horrible.

Don't you dare say "as bad as Alien Isolation" as if that game wasn't fantastic with what it did!

Or do you mean it doesn't do it as much as Alien Isolation?

I loved Alien Isolation, but I acknowledge that some people might have hated it. Still, Mr. X is not anywhere near the same type of stalker as the Xenomorph was in Isolation.

Gotcha, yeah, I'm still excited as hell to play it since RE2 was by far my favorite of the series. More than likely, I'll get used to it.

I am sure you'll enjoy it. Honestly. It's great.

Nobody is going to do a three hour run on their first run, lol.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was discussed pre-release, but no. There are no major decisions that carry between the scenarios. Both characters expand their inventory in their own campaigns by finding Side Packs, but nothing like that. Every character has their own weapon sets this time around.

As Dusk Golem said in another thread, think they planned to do this but decided to just go with the streamlined approach. I honestly prefer it.
Thanks for the response. I've been avoiding a lot of material on this game, so I didn't know it was already discussed, but this is something I really wanted to know about. The more streamlined approach sounds good to me. Thanks again.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Can any reviewers comment on laser sights since it was an option int he demo version's Option menu?

Can you upgrade weapons to include laser sights or are these restricted to specific weapons or how does that work?

Honestly, the lack of classic es RE enemy variety is disappointing. Not sure why even crows couldn't made it...

Something, something...realism? I wouldn't mind it that much if at least they had replaced it with something new and interest. Alas, they replaced it with nothing apparently. Bizarre choice.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game length doesn't worry me, I didn't even finish the demo. I like to take my time and take in everything. I also appreciate shorter games, just don't have the time anymore for long games.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Great score but 6 hours on the first run?
I am sure bunch of people going to complain about game length after release, lol.
I think they meant 6 hours for the first character on the first run. If they beat both in under six hours, then that would mean they got A ranks for both scenarios on the first attempt, which is really unlikely.

The other reviews mention that the first attempt for both characters last well over 10 hours.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thanks for the response. I've been avoiding a lot of material on this game, so I didn't know it was already discussed, but this is something I really wanted to know about. The more streamlined approach sounds good to me. Thanks again.

The easiest way to describe how they handle the story is that the events stay the same but the character you play as doesn't.

It's hard to explain - but this time we have ONE storyline. We don't have any more debates about whether a certain character got infected, or where and when a certain character died. It's just one type of events that you experience from two different sides.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
Gamespot with a spoiler straight of the gate. Never watching their reviews again. Unbelievable.
[EDIT]

May not be a spoiler to some people, I guess?

Last edited:

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
why lol? RE2 is my favorite game of all time. If I needed to do the review, it needed to be an 12 for me to give it a 10 because people wouldn't believe in my 10.

oh maybe i'm not in a cynial mood today but i just thought while you wouldn't want to give the review job to a fanboy, it being a remake you might want to just to see how it measures up to the OG game. also i don't have many doubts about their "journalistic ingerity" so even from a fanboy if they gave it a 10 i wouldn't be "yeah, but..."

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The easiest way to describe how they handle the story is that the events stay the same but the character you play as doesn't.

It's hard to explain - but this time we have ONE storyline. We don't have any more debates about whether a certain character got infected, or where and when a certain character died. It's just one type of events that you experience from two different sides.
Are both campaigns significantly distinct or is there so much overlap that only a very small portion of Leon's and Claire's campaigns differ?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Reading through the reviews it sounds a bit too short for me to justify right now. I'll definitely keep an eye out during sales, looks great.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This my opinion, but the moths and spiders were always super dumb, kinda glad they cut them.