• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think RE2's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 467 21.8%
  • 89-92

Votes: 1,050 49.1%
  • 85-88

Votes: 500 23.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 77 3.6%
  • <80

Votes: 45 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 6, 2017
US
AResidentEvil2remake4.jpg

"How was I supposed to know he had a gun? The game never told me!"

This and couldn't help but see the "> EXPLORE YOUR SURROUNDINGS"...no shit, Sherlock, thanks.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
94 is the number

Why is it such a big gap at 93-100 when the rest are smaller except below 80?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
How am I going to be excited for 2019 when GOTY's apparently release in January?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
85 is my final guess. It'll take flack for being difficult, too many puzzles, inventory management, etc. But fans will hail it as the GOAT.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
Hope it does well, I need the points for my fantasy league. 87 is feeling pretty likely to me, but i'm hoping for at least 90.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Japanese version demo (after already played the western version), man the Japanese version absolutely fucking sucks.

No head exploding from shotgun, no shooting off limbs (the limbs goes dark red once you ''disable'' them with enough shots), no cutting zombies in half, and almost all cutscenes with gores are censored as well.

The gunplay actually feels very unsatisfying in the JP version because of this, maybe that's why Famitsu only gave it a 37/40.

Whatever you do, do not play the Japanese version, it's hands down the worst version of the game.

Almost everything in this video won't be present in the Japanese version.

They're releasing two versions in Japan are they not? One censored and one full gore? https://www.dualshockers.com/resident-evil-2-18-z-version-japan/

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I feel very conflicted because I never buy special editions of games, but the fact they are locking the OST behind this... damn. Such a scummy move, but at the same time very smart.

Might be the first SE I buy.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
It is not though?

RE4 was an action horror game. It wasn't about trying to survive in any means possible by finding precious ammo or avoiding zombies. You had to kill everything to finish the game.

It had atomsphere and everything but it absolutely not the same.
To be fair would you not say that it's definetley in a post-4 world that people started to sub-divide genres more so rather than Survival Horror there was Action Horror etc?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
91 is my guess

Hoping for higher though! Tough to push those numbers as a remake but this is no typical remake

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
5 minutes left to cast your votes.

20 minutes left before the embargo lifts.