• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Well, I lasted as long as I could, but I caved in and have now seen all of the new footage...it looks pretty decent.

What?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

R76j3bp.gif

Mr. X looks intimidating...the way he animates! Ada looks perfect in her red dress! The sewers! Those collectable raccoons! FIHJYIRLFDIJYID! Is it January 25th yet?!?

Last edited:

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I guess my media blackout is officially over. It was too tempting, so I yielded.

Looks incredible!

The only thing I am not sold on yet is stalking Mr. X. I feel it's taking him closer to the very annoying Nemesis.

But we'll see. Everything looks fantastic and so well thought-out that I am sure it'll work in the game.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
If they're really doing RE3 as well, wouldn't a stalking Mr.X be a bit overkill and take some of the wind out of RE3's sails by preempting its most memorial game mechanic? Seems risky tbh. If I was on the RE3 team I'd probably be a little annoyed that RE2 was overstepping -- if that's what's happening. Like, "Um, hey Nemesis is *our* thing dudes.Hands off."

Oct 28, 2017
If they're really doing RE3 as well, wouldn't a stalking Mr.X be a bit overkill and take some of the wind out of RE3's sails by preempting its most memorial game mechanic? Seems risky tbh. If I was on the RE3 team I'd probably be a little annoyed that RE2 was overstepping -- if that's what's happening. Like, "Um, hey Nemesis is *our* thing dudes.Hands off."
It's still very different. Nemesis is much faster, much more aggressive, much more dangerous. Mr X walks slowly towards you as he stalks you. He's not going to be difficult to lose or dodge, and the main danger he poses is having to deal with other enemies at the same time. He's an intimidating threat but in the end will be easy enough to deal with.

Nemesis is going to be a different beast. You cant outrun the Nemesis. His attacks will be more dangerous, short and long range, and he's going to be so much more aggressive and difficult to deal with. I'm really excited about what they'll do with it.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I think Nemesis will be much more prominent in RE3 Remake than Mr. X is in RE2. I assume there are only a few sections per character where Mr. X is on full stalk mode with significant downtime between opposed to Nemesis being a constant presence.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
[QUOTE="Phantom, post: 15690122, member: 23482"]I'm hoping they went all-in for unlockables and extras. I have a feeling they did (there's now a way to unlock stuff by shooting raccoon statues).

I'm convinced we're going to see Arrange Game. I hope there's more! RE4 felt great for extras, I wish RE2 goes the same route even without Mercenaries.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The RE series ranks so high with replayability for me, I love doing multiple playthroughs. This will be a fun platinum.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if you're gonna do Nemesis in Threemake you'll need the dodge feature from Rev 2 to get around how fast Nemesis should be moving. The defense items for when he grabs you and maybe some sort of system where you can use the environment to slow him down. Maybe make it like RE4 where you can block doors and fortify areas. If you do drop him I hope it isn't like Mr X/Jack Baker where he gets back up 30 seconds later. I'd like Nemesis to stay down for a while.

I also hope Nemesis is way more dynamic than what we've seen of Mr X. I want him levelling walls and jumping through windows. He should be attacking you when you least expect it. Much like the original.

Also they need to get the voice right. I hated the later iterations where they gave him a robotic voice. It sounded shit.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's still very different. Nemesis is much faster, much more aggressive, much more dangerous. Mr X walks slowly towards you as he stalks you. He's not going to be difficult to lose or dodge, and the main danger he poses is having to deal with other enemies at the same time. He's an intimidating threat but in the end will be easy enough to deal with.

Nemesis is going to be a different beast. You cant outrun the Nemesis. His attacks will be more dangerous, short and long range, and he's going to be so much more aggressive and difficult to deal with. I'm really excited about what they'll do with it.

I'd be happy if they tone down the sprinting and give him different abilities like being able to climb/ jump ahead of you to cut you off.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would be neat if Mr.X behaviour start to change the most further you advance/damage it receive. In its first appearence remake!Mr.X is slower and calmer than in the original game, so it look like it's deliberate.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on which team is handling the PC version?

It's currently $41 over on CD Keys, but I don't know if I wanna take a risk or play it safe and go with Xbone

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Has their been any bad Capcom PC releases? I think all of the Resident Evil games have run great on PC at release starting with RE5, but if I'm wrong someone will correct me. I had a weird issue with RE7 on my old PC, but Capcom did actually go out of their way to patch it so people with similar hardware could play at the time.

There was the original awful release of RE4 on PC...but we don't talk about that port anymore since the HD version got released.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Has their been any bad Capcom PC releases? I think all of the Resident Evil games have run great on PC at release starting with RE5, but if I'm wrong someone will correct me. I had a weird issue with RE7 on my old PC, but Capcom did actually go out of their way to patch it so people with similar hardware could play at the time.

There was the original awful release of RE4 on PC...but we don't talk about that port anymore since the HD version got released.
TBF I think all modern Capcom PC ports have been at the very least decent.
They're usually solid, but MHW was a messy for a while on PC

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
So the game works with intercalated sections between Leon and Claire I guess?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I feel like if you're gonna do Nemesis in Threemake you'll need the dodge feature from Rev 2 to get around how fast Nemesis should be moving. The defense items for when he grabs you and maybe some sort of system where you can use the environment to slow him down. Maybe make it like RE4 where you can block doors and fortify areas. If you do drop him I hope it isn't like Mr X/Jack Baker where he gets back up 30 seconds later. I'd like Nemesis to stay down for a while.

I also hope Nemesis is way more dynamic than what we've seen of Mr X. I want him levelling walls and jumping through windows. He should be attacking you when you least expect it. Much like the original.

Also they need to get the voice right. I hated the later iterations where they gave him a robotic voice. It sounded shit.

Someone mentioned Alien: Isolation in another thread when talking about hwo to handle Nemesis and I liked that idea. And made me wonder if R3make should have some sort of stealth mechanics...

But overall I agree with what you're saying. In essence, Nemesis should be fast and smart (and strong, but that's go with saying).

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I just watched a lengthy gameplay video of this and the zombies and Mr. X look very menacing. The animation is really great and very nightmarish. I didn't know that the game had a limited inventory system and the zombies were so tough.

All I can say is: WOW. This game looks so fantastic.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't give two shits about the game awards but there's a pretty unlikely bit of hope -- a sliver -- that an RE demo will shadow drop. I've avoided as much media as possible but I would play a demo because I would be the one playing it.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Just been looking at the options for buying this in the UK. I didn't realise Capcom were selling it (and DMC5) at a low price. The physical version of both games can be got for as low as £35 (although most places seem to have them both at £40). Pretty much guarantees that I'll be getting both on Day 1.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Mr. X stuff isn't the whole game. I mean it was giving me anxiety already watching the videos but I can see it becoming one of those things that wears thin if it's not just certain areas.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't seen much but it give me the impression that there is no a "takedown system"?
Is that right?
I can't approach a zombie( for behind, when he is in the floor or in his knees) and attack him with a knife or something?

BTW It just me or Mr. X looks like Iván drago?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't seen much but it give me the impression that there is no a "takedown system"?
Is that right?
I can't approach a zombie( for behind, when he is in the floor or in his knees) and attack him with a knife or something?

BTW It just me or Mr. X looks like Iván drago?
You have a breakable knife you can use like in the original but there isn't any RE4+ style QTE takedowns

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Looks so cool! Resident evil 2/7 are the only ones I've not played yet. (Waiting till I have PSVR for 7) But I'm tempted to download Res 2 for ps3 on psn and give it a blast.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
So has there been word yet if this will run 60fps on base consoles?

This footage is spoiling me on the high frame rate, and I'd almost be inclined to invest in a Pro if it's the only way to play it that way. =/

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Any word on which team is handling the PC version?

PC version is being handled by the same team working on the console versions.

It's currently $41 over on CD Keys, but I don't know if I wanna take a risk or play it safe and go with Xbone

A word of caution that you'll likely end up with a Europe-only Steam key when purchasing from sites that resell codes stripped out of retail packages.

FYI, Capcom Steam keys from European boxed retail versions are geo-fenced to Europe and will not activate, for example, in Asia or the Americas.

If you're looking to snag a deal, look for official discount outlets that sell our games. You know where to look.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

A word of caution that you'll likely end up with a Europe-only Steam key when purchasing from sites that resell codes stripped out of retail packages.

FYI, Capcom Steam keys from European boxed retail versions are geo-fenced to Europe and will not activate, for example, in Asia or the Americas.

If you're looking to snag a deal, look for official discount outlets that sell our games. You know where to look.
Gotcha, thanks for the heads up!

Think I'm gonna roll with the Xbone version anyway, on the off chance that the team could get this running at native 4K/60

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018

The real question is, who's handling the Switch version?

And is the RE3 REmake being developed with Switch in mind right from the outset? Inquiring minds want to know ;)