• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
This game. It's glorious. I don't want to watch more videos though, I just want it in my veins.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That opening shot of streets and Kendo's shop got me so hype man! For years I've wanted to play more of Leon on the streets of Raccoon City and now Capcom have finally granted my wish!

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need any to watch any of this, I know I am buying it day one, and I know it will be a top quality release.

I cannot wait.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me how much jumpscare are in RE2? For reference, I've only played REmake (not to completion, but quite far still), and I think I can handle the amount of jumpscares there. Is RE2 more of the same as the first game?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Man this really should have been a December release, for 2 reasons, 1. i am impatient & 2. they will have to compete with KH3 now.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
We have seen so much off this game now that a playable Demo isnt necessary any more :)

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
The pursuit through the police station at the end of that video is fantastic, tense stuff - it looks like, even if we don't ever get a RE3Make, we're going to get a taste of how it could be with Mr X hunting Claire. The pounding footsteps getting closer, the doors swinging open seconds after Claire... and on top of that, having to deal with other enemies still active as you're being tracked :-)

I caught a mention of "Lisa Trevor" at one point - was that just a reference to the way REMake shook up the game a bit with a new plot/gameplay element, or is there a link in RE2Make to that story element?

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me how much jumpscare are in RE2? For reference, I've only played REmake (not to completion, but quite far still), and I think I can handle the amount of jumpscares there. Is RE2 more of the same as the first game?
The original PS1 game doesn't have that many. And some will debate if they are even that. I know playing as a 11-13 year old everything made me jump playing it lol. You played REmake you will be fine.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The pursuit through the police station at the end of that video is fantastic, tense stuff - it looks like, even if we don't ever get a RE3Make, we're going to get a taste of how it could be with Mr X hunting Claire. The pounding footsteps getting closer, the doors swinging open seconds after Claire... and on top of that, having to deal with other enemies still active as you're being tracked :-)

I caught a mention of "Lisa Trevor" at one point - was that just a reference to the way REMake shook up the game a bit with a new plot/gameplay element, or is there a link in RE2Make to that story element?
I always wanted Lisa to have survived the mansion explosion and make her way to Raccoon during the outbreak. I would go crazy if she's in REmake 2.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I secretly hope this is not the only new content. I want to be surprised EVERYWHERE.

Only real concern I have is that I have not spotted any spiders in any content they've put out yet (both stuff publicly released and stuff I've been privy to that's embargoed).

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I expected Mr.X to be faster tbh. Kinda like Jack in RE7.
Fun fact about Jack in RE7, his speed is dependent on how well you're playing, the game up's his difficulty based on how you're performing. REmake 2 also has a scaling difficulty hidden away, so there's a chance Mr. X's aggressiveness may be tied to how well you're doing.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Can someone explain why a German-speaking commentator uses English too? Is that common?

Otherwise game looks phenomenal. Bring on Mercenaries and fun unlocks!

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why a German-speaking commentator uses English too? Is that common?

Otherwise game looks phenomenal. Bring on Mercenaries and fun unlocks!

Sadly , Kat the community manager confirmed in one of the streams that there won't be mercenaries or Raid mode in the game , however she didn't comment on Extreme battle mode or other unknown extra modes

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact about Jack in RE7, his speed is dependent on how well you're playing, the game up's his difficulty based on how you're performing. REmake 2 also has a scaling difficulty hidden away, so there's a chance Mr. X's aggressiveness may be tied to how well you're doing.
GoldenGoodnaturedDragonfly-max-1mb.gif

I didn't know RE7 also has adaptative difficulty like RE4.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I'm so excited for this game, I'm doing the exact opposite to what I normally do with games I really want and watching all the pre-release material, I'm waiting for the English stuff to hit later though.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017

Hadn't heard this before. RE7 truly is a masterpiece.

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
Resident Evil 2 with Resident Evil 4 gameplay and godlike graphics? My body is so ready.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
The amount of suffering in the last part of the video is too much, also Mr.X is far more interesting in the remake than the original....i dont even remember him in the original.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
No, I thought it was the better you performed the harder it gets. This isn't Demons Souls with black world tendency lol

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
No more previews for me at this point. I preordered the deluxe edition yesterday and I'm good to go.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow they're showing a lot!
Looking at this I'm thinking there must be
more than a single Mr X dropped in this version? That would explain a lot, like Birkin killing one of them in the trailers.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ the insane amount of tension at the end trying to dodge both mr x and a licker. This game man

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Capcom please release a demo already. This month with TGA seems like the last chance to get one like how they did with RE7.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mr.X looks so cool. Excited to see more gameplay and the Easy Allies preview.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah pretty common for gaming related stuff since if you play games you are constantly surrounded by English,whether it is international forums, watching game tournaments, voice chat in games or companies communicating etc. some stuff would just sound weird if you translated it. German esports commentary also uses a lot of English terms. But some words could have easily been translated. No idea why the video had Neues Environment. Not translating that is odd.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen far, far too much of this game now. Glad Capcom seems so confident in it, but I need to stop coming in these threads >_>

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics aside, animations are underwhelming as fuck.
I completely disagree, animations are one of the best things in the game in my opinion. There's also a lot of small easy to miss details in the animation, like how when a character runs into an object when not having a weapon out, they'll even their hands to the object to embrace for impact to not run head-on to it, and this one Scotia above pointed out elsewhere, but when Leon has the shotgun equipped but is not aiming it (using the flashlight for example), he usually holds the shotgun by his hip, but when he's treading through water he holds the shotgun up so it won't get wet. There's lots of small details like this in the game's animation.

I honestly don't know how you could pull that away from this.