• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

January 25th Hype Check

• Kingdom Hearts 3. It's time to put an end to Xehanort once and for all!

Votes: 495 34.1%
  • Resident Evil 2. 1998... I'll never forget it.

Votes: 957 65.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Two games that couldn't be more different from each other. A sometimes zany romp through Disney worlds starring a plucky young hero with a giant key for a weapon versus a zombie apocalypse with hyper realistic gore and a down-to-earth set of protagonists out to survive the hell they've been put in.

maxresdefault.jpg

1528792007_156168_1528792610_noticia_normal.jpg

But the fact remains that both giants already have a huge place in the hearts of the public. And those giants will be competing for the public's attention.

I honestly have to say KHIII, but that doesn't mean my hype levels for RE2 aren't astronomical. KHIII has just been SO LONG of a wait, and looks so good, and is new story content I am completely unfamiliar with, unlike the re-imagining of old content I already know.

But I damn sure as hell am getting both games on day one. I'll just play KH first.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 by far, but I'm really looking forward to both. Also, isn't it actually 4 days apart? KH3 is the 29th outside of Japan.

... My plan is to essentially 100% RE2 in those 4 days.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Got REmake 2 preordered.

That, Metro and Sekiro making for an insane first three months.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It's only same day in Japan.

Anyways it's KH3 for me obviously since it's my most anticipated game forever. But I am also super excited for RE2 as well.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Neither, really.

If I had to choose one, I guess RE2?

Never played the original, and only finally just played RE1 a couple months ago. Enjoyed it enough where I'll check out some other RE games.

Kingdom Hearts on the other hand, I couldn't care less about. Replace Disney stuff with Looney Tunes and I'll be all in though.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
After playing KH1 and KH2 I have zero interest in KH3. The story ruins it all, and I just can't see how the story in KH3 can manage to be even remotely satisfying.

I'm at least a bit interested in RE2, since I never played the original game and heard good things about it. So I suppose I will give it a try at some point at least, when it's dirt cheap.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
RE2. Love the series in general and 2 was always my favorite of the old style REs, so I can't wait.

I tried to get into kingdom hearts with the collection and...no. I'll probably gamefly it for the hell of it and hope the disney worlds are good, but the actual characters and plot in these games is straight trash.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Resident Evil 2. I'm still excited for cameos and the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 3 but I lost interest in its overarching story and lore eons ago, to the point of nearly hating it. I'll be waiting for Kingdom Hearts to go on sale, but RE is still one of my personal top 3 gaming franchises, and the original RE2 is one of my top 3 RE games. I've loved everything I've seen about the remake so far.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE2 remake day one. Week off. Full playthrough. Multiple times. The whole shebang.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 2.

I used to be a big fan of Kingdom Hearts in the PS2 era but I've kind of fallen off the wagon since then. I'm sure I'll get the game within the first year though for sure, it looks like great fun.

But RE2.. RE2 is just looking so goddamn impressive.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty easily KH3, but I also have no relationship with the RE franchise so obviously that would be my choice.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game nor have I ever had any interest in playing a Kingdom Hearts game.

RE2 was one of the games of my childhood that I would go over to my friends house to play over and over. They only had the Claire side as the dog broke Leon's disk. The PS1 startup noise going into the Capcom logo is burned into my mind.

So RE2.

Oct 30, 2017
REmake 2.

I'm hyped for this more than any other games.

Still can't believe how the team nailed the feelings and the atmosphere of the classic games with this.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was never really a big Kingdom Hearts fan, but Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. So that one.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looking forward to both but RE2 looks perfect. KHIII I haven't been connecting to the world choices so far aside from Toy Story.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Not hyped about either. RE2 is not the remake I want it to be, and until KH HD comes to Xbox IDGAF about III. If I play anything special for the day, I'll play the original RE2.

Status
Not open for further replies.