• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Mr. X is certainly frightening in the remake but what made Nemesis scary is that the sight of him implies that he's a mutated motherf-- who you can't mess with, and once he sees you he sees red. He's one of the most aggressive game enemies I've ever encountered, and there's a reason why they implemented a new dodge-mechanic for that game.

Mr. X firmly walks in your direction and haunts you with his pressure but Nemesis you just never know when or where he'll show up, only that when he does it you're really fucked, because he's not going to take his time, he's just going to ram you and relentlessly try to kill you. The second he enters the room you're in you go from a methodical level-headed approach to "OH SHIT, WHAT DO I DO, WHAT DO I DO????"

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a thing with Japanese companies in the industry? Square Enix used to say this BS all the time.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All those people who think Mr.X is annoying are gonna be in for a real treat when R3Make has a Mr.X who can run and shoot a fucking rocket launcher while he is coming for dat ass

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Update Jill's outfit and let's move one step closer to fixing Code Veronica and implementing co-op in 0

Yup.

I'm hoping the next several years give us...

Re3make
Code Veronica XX
Resident Evil 0 co-op campaign

Also...
RE8 with a solid horror over action focus (optional VR please)
Revelaitons 3 with more action horror co-op

Oct 26, 2017
UK
If (when) remak3 happens I hope they keep all the cool different enemy variety. I remember there were loads of different mutations as well as the staples. I remember there being two different types of Hunter, a giant worm thing and a few others.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh fuck off with this if we demand it bs. Why are Japanese devs doing this shit all the time now? Either make the game or don't. We shouldn't have to demand anything.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If (when) remak3 happens I hope they keep all the cool different enemy variety. I remember there were loads of different mutations as well as the staples. I remember there being two different types of Hunter, a giant worm thing and a few others.

That's gonna be weird balance wise given how much of a problem and ammo dump Lickers alone were, managing regular zombies, Tyrant and other types might push the game too far into "action". RE2 had the gator, which may as well have been a cutscene, but lost a lot of the bug/"creature" based enemy types. Most everything was humanoid, and I'm sure that's a stylistic choice that didn't push things over as silly, or they're saving it for 3+.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
"Voice your enthusiasm" just means "Buy it". It's kind of funny how this stuff is always framed as a story or that fans' money isn't the deciding factor.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Mr X gives me anxiety, that whole section with him is one of the most nerve wrecking moments to me ever in a game. Can't imagine how much worse it would be with Nemesis.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I would much rather they take everything they learned from the RE2 remake and funnel that knowledge into making a kick-ass RE8, but as this thread has shown, nostalgia gonna nostalgia.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I can at least accept this.
Nemesis needs his HD version so we can really compare.

I felt the rocket laucher makes Nemesis less scary, because it's doesn't really fit his unstoppable giant motif. Also he's used so much in RE3 that he becomes a bit too 'gamey', especially with the choices with big text on screen.

I would much rather they take everything they learned from the RE2 remake and funnel that knowledge into making a kick-ass RE8, but as this thread has shown, nostalgia gonna nostalgia.

RE8 is already even more of a given than R3make.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
I always see a lot of love for Resi 1 and 2, and I can support that having played them.
3 though I've never played and mostly it seems to be remembered for Nemesis more than anything else.

How well received is the game itself among the fan base? I get the impression that this may be where formula fatigue showed its first signs of setting in and that it was maybe a quickfire sequel?

The sales back then weren't as good as the first two.

I remember totally loving RE1 and RE2 and being really disappointed with RE3. I bought it automatically thinking it would be like the first two. Soon as I started the game walking through the police cars and fires I knew this was going to be quite different in a bad way. When I think of the series I skip this game and look to Code Veronica.

I wouldn't begrudged a remake of RE3 though

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Everybody knows it's coming next year. They're striving to have all the numbered entries on a single console and 2020 is the last relevant year for this gen. I bet it's in dev for a year already.

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if that subway scene in the RE2 intro has anything to do with their plans? You can easily create spookier situations if you set the escape in an subway train instead of a tram.

She's in a zombie infested town and decides to wear a skirt and tubetop

I'd be down for an intro set at the beginning of the outbreak where she's wearing that on a night out and all hell breaks loose.
Have the main game pick up days later where she's rolling with her former STARS colleagues until rocket launcher out of nowhere leaves her stranded.

Last edited:

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck off with this if we demand it bs. Why are Japanese devs doing this shit all the time now? Either make the game or don't. We shouldn't have to demand anything.

Jeeesus, Toby, calm down. It's not like they're going to say "Yeah, we've been working on it for a while" are they?

No one demanded Skyrim be ported to every portable gaming device until the end of time, but Todd's still gonna do it.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Is 3 actually good?

I think they could actually do an amazing job with a true next gen RE4. Then let the series rest again.

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
RE4 still plays pretty well and looks good. I dont think it needs a remake tbh, but I certainly wouldnt complain if they did do it.

It's definitely still great but after playing through RE2 on the RE engine I would LOVE to see what RE4 could look like in an even better next-gen version of the RE engine. RE4 doesn't even have any dynamic lighting and it would go a long way for some of those night time scenes. Just imaging the fight on the lake with fully dynamic lighting and water simulation, etc. Could be scary as fuck

Dec 15, 2017
That's nice and all but if we are demanding… I demand that their old RE games are ported to Steam. It's just insane that those games are not on PC yet.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jeeesus, Toby, calm down. It's not like they're going to say "Yeah, we've been working on it for a while" are they?

No one demanded Skyrim be ported to every portable gaming device until the end of time, but Todd's still gonna do it.
Okay. Why would they ask for us to demand it and not say we're working on it? Why one and not the other?

Comandr

Feb 14, 2018
Oh yes. I would very much like to see this happen. I'd also like RE8 to be in this style too. More this.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I would hope they do it! I mean, cmon, you already have the Police Station assets, so that's half the game already! Of course I'm being sarcastic. Either way, I'd love an HD remake of 3