• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
How is that even possible? Some boss battles are extreme hard or Im just doing something wrong.
Frankly I find Tofu and 4th Survivor more difficult than S+ ranking. Time limit is easy peasy but the real secret is to learn which weapons to use for which bosses. You can check some early speedruns by Bawkbasoup or the speedrun guide by Carcinogen on YouTube to learn how to efficiently finish off the game on S+.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
This game really shows its adventure game heritage. I'm sure the original RE2 was like this, but I expected its design to be more like RE7.

I haven't gotten found a good opportunity to play the game yet, so I was backseat gaming while someone was a few hours into a Claire playthrough and most of it was using a bunch of differently shaped keys - it's just some were shaped like clock gears. The example that got me was -

Trying to find computer parts to open a gate. The first was easily found, and we look in all the logical places for the second. Is it in one of the computer rooms? Eventually I say to just use every Inventory item wherever they can be used. It turns out that a computer part is gotten by ringing the clock bell.

I'm sure there's a note somewhere from some character saying "Hey, I've got this box of computer supplies, but I gotta repair the clock bell first. If I die a sudden death the box'll be there, ha". But there was no actual problem solving involved.

It's not even a critique, it was just a 'Oh, it really is like a classic adventure game' realization.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
This game really shows its adventure game heritage. I'm sure the original RE2 was like this, but I expected its design to be more like RE7.

I haven't gotten found a good opportunity to play the game yet, so I was backseat gaming while someone was a few hours into a Claire playthrough and most of it was using a bunch of differently shaped keys - it's just some were shaped like clock gears. The example that got me was -

Trying to find computer parts to open a gate. The first was easily found, and we look in all the logical places for the second. Is it in one of the computer rooms? Eventually I say to just use every Inventory item wherever they can be used. It turns out that a computer part is gotten by ringing the clock bell.

I'm sure there's a note somewhere from some character saying "Hey, I've got this box of computer supplies, but I gotta repair the clock bell first. If I die a sudden death the box'll be there, ha". But there was no actual problem solving involved.

It's not even a critique, it was just a 'Oh, it really is like a classic adventure game' realization.

There are in game files that talk about the parts and where they are.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Finally, the
naked zombies
made their apparition as Pale Heads in the DLC. I wish they'd been around the lab alongside Ivies.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I streamed an hour of all the content in ghost survivors. I got my ass kicked attempting the first three not in training mode and did pretty decent for my first shot on the last episode.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly I find Tofu and 4th Survivor more difficult than S+ ranking. Time limit is easy peasy but the real secret is to learn which weapons to use for which bosses. You can check some early speedruns by Bawkbasoup or the speedrun guide by Carcinogen on YouTube to learn how to efficiently finish off the game on S+.
Carcinogen makes it look so easy. :'(

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean the achievements for accessories? They seemed pretty straight forward, except one (finish each mode, play ghost survivors X times, shoot all raccoons, etc)

There's only two "achievements" in the gamerscore sense with this update

edit:

Here's a link to all the accessory rewards etc

https://stevivor.com/features/guides/resident-evil-2-ghost-survivors-unlocks-records/
Thx Demi :o
Yea I just want 100% steam achievements. I beat the game like 15 times and I still have a few records to unlock so don't really care about mopping those up

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I beat the first 2 ghost survivors on my first try. Both of them are absurdly easy compared to hunk, haven't even tried tofu tbh. On the 3rd one now and it seems tough.

Pretty disappointed this is the route they went with the dlc, but any content is better than nothing.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
So when playing as Katherine, anyone did the thing?
My educated guess would say about 33% of player did.

8yqjs1.jpg

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Thx Demi :o
Yea I just want 100% steam achievements. I beat the game like 15 times and I still have a few records to unlock so don't really care about mopping those up

There are two achievement/trophies - Shoot all (10) raccoons and complete the 4th Ghost Survivor scenario. You can just play on Training/Easy Mode if you just want to knock those out.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the tyrant is relentless.
I don't remember him being such a pain in the ass before, just more of an (occasionally terrifying) annoyance. It's nice you can hear directional footsteps, and it seems like there are some rooms he won't enter, but damn if he isn't right up my ass every second now. It doesn't feel like he's patrolling unless I'm in a safe spot. It feels like as soon as I leave a room or enter any other area he starts beelining right for me. I just had to fight a licker in my least favorite hallway full of zombies (note to self board these windows early next time) while dodging this guy and actually escaped without damage. It was pretty tense, but idk if I'm really enjoying this specific gameplay tbh. It's a little too full throttle at all times... but maybe I'm just getting unlucky with his patrols? The was a moment in the main hall where we were both in there, and he didn't see me, he went through a door toward the library, but as soon as I left the hall I heard his footsteps coming again.
Yeesh. Dude has no chill.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I don't remember him being such a pain in the ass before, just more of an (occasionally terrifying) annoyance. It's nice you can hear directional footsteps, and it seems like there are some rooms he won't enter, but damn if he isn't right up my ass every second now. It doesn't feel like he's patrolling unless I'm in a safe spot. It feels like as soon as I leave a room or enter any other area he starts beelining right for me. I just had to fight a licker in my least favorite hallway full of zombies (note to self board these windows early next time) while dodging this guy and actually escaped without damage. It was pretty tense, but idk if I'm really enjoying this specific gameplay tbh. It's a little too full throttle at all times... but maybe I'm just getting unlucky with his patrols? The was a moment in the main hall where we were both in there, and he didn't see me, he went through a door toward the library, but as soon as I left the hall I heard his footsteps coming again.

Well, if you run or shoot, he will hear you and come check up on the place where the noise was made.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017

He does randomly patrol, but there are certain triggers that will make him come right for you, one of which is going for the tool for the library, sounds like where you're at. Depending on how your run is going it's the hardest stretch of the game. Definitely helps to clear out that hallway and the library beforehand

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if you run or shoot, he will hear you and come check up on the place where the noise was made.
Oh, he can hear you run? Whoops. Figured shooting would trigger him, but thought I was safe to run if I wasn't near him... idk that's weird because running is how you lose him lol. Maybe that's why he's been so hard to shake.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Oh, he can hear you run? Whoops. Figured shooting would trigger him, but thought I was safe to run if I wasn't near him... idk that's weird because running is how you lose him lol. Maybe that's why he's been so hard to shake.

I think he can. Kind of like the lickers.

Because I have always found him not showing up or losing him easier when walking.

But! Maybe it's just placebo....

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I think he can. Kind of like the lickers.

Because I have always found him not showing up or losing him easier when walking.

But! Maybe it's just placebo....
Okay fair enough. Like 99humanity said above, I trigged him going for a specific item, so I guess there are a few systems at play, making it a bit difficult to parse.

I have a question about boards. I've been avoiding boarding up windows in areas where there are too many windows. Like, why even bother if I don't have enough boards to do ALL the windows... they'll just come through the open windows anyway. And if I save boards, I'll be able to fortify areas that don't have as many open windows. But now I'm wondering if this is a gamey thing and boarding up some of these windows (leaving some open) would still help? Maybe certain windows are triggers for zombies and they won't try to find an open alternative? How does this system work? Should I focus on locking down certain arwas completely, or spread it around? Is putting up boards in a hallway with other open windows like pissing into the wind?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should I focus on locking down certain arwas completely, or spread it around?

The only important window to board up, IMO, is the one near the dark room. You won't be visiting other areas often enough to warrant bothering with boarding up windows.

Maybe the corridor (break room) on the way back from the kennels/garage with Leon if you expect to go back to that save room often.

Oct 25, 2017
The only important window to board up, IMO, is the one near the dark room. You won't be visiting other areas often enough to warrant bothering with boarding up windows.

Maybe the corridor (break room) on the way back from the kennels/garage with Leon if you expect to go back to that save room often.

I like boarding up the one in front of the records room club door in Leon's scenarios. A zombie usually spawns along with the licker there.