• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You will love it, because it's a really cool phenomenon in the game. There were many random moments, where the character reacted with the exakt same words as I did, in the same moment. Can't remember when I experienced something like that in other games.

Game is packed with cool little details and features.

That sounds pretty awesome. Really looking forward to playing it now.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I finally beat the Tyrant on Leon B hardcore, finally, and then G4 just ... ate me. Somehow the first 2 rocker launcher hits didn't kill the Tyrant, and I stupidly wasted the last one on the zombies at the end, but I had 4 magnum rounds left, so I thought I was safe. I waited for the eye to come out because I remembered reading that it didn't receive damage until it showed up, then fired 4 magnum rounds, 4 shotgun rounds, and expended maybe 150 fuel until it just ... gobbled me up.

How in the hell!? I Would I have been better off firing handgun rounds into the thing? Augughghghgh, I was so close.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat the Tyrant on Leon B hardcore, finally, and then G4 just ... ate me. Somehow the first 2 rocker launcher hits didn't kill the Tyrant, and I stupidly wasted the last one on the zombies at the end, but I had 4 magnum rounds left, so I thought I was safe. I waited for the eye to come out because I remembered reading that it didn't receive damage until it showed up, then fired 4 magnum rounds, 4 shotgun rounds, and expended maybe 150 fuel until it just ... gobbled me up.

How in the hell!? I Would I have been better off firing handgun rounds into the thing? Augughghghgh, I was so close.

Hmm where did you read that? I was able to beat it with just the handgun bullets they give you before the fight and was shooting the entire time

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere buried deep in this thread. : ( I won't make the same mistake again.

But yeah the standard 9mm handguns actually do the most damage to the eye (well apart from the knife which takes two slices even in hardcore).

Look closely at the ammo Capcom gives you in the the wagon before G4.

Pistol ammo and a knife.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
6f0be5dbc07f3475bb07babfa226a99e.gif

ffhm0isewff21.jpg
well I certainly feel dumb

i was trying to remember like..."uhh...two lines...a fat stack....two L blocks.....biggie over a tiny....skinny stack"

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
If you're on standard then don't worry about skipping cutscenes. The S rank time on standard is very forgiving. If you are on hardcore then you should probably skip cutscenes. While it's still possible to watch them all and get an S rank, it's quite difficult when you just start running the game.
Cutscenes don't count towards your time. They stop the timer as if you were pausing the game.

Thanks, I thought I'd start with Léon B anyway, just got to the sewer entrance at 1:03. I'm on track for S right?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Got all of the achievements, no satisfaction of 100% on steam because there's DLC achievements in there now I can't get yet :( Went through this game 11 times now, I can't believe I just keep playing it over and over

The last one I did was the no item box run. I did Leon A and skipped the matilda stock, magnum upgrades, and the flamethrower. I had to load my save at least 3 times after mindlessly opening the item box. I missed a a place to use the tool somehow so I had it on me until the end of the game

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
So ... I beat RE2 Hardcore as Leon only using 3 saves, none of the infinite weapons, in 2:25 ... and got A?

But yeah the standard 9mm handguns actually do the most damage to the eye (well apart from the knife which takes two slices even in hardcore).

Look closely at the ammo Capcom gives you in the the wagon before G4.

Pistol ammo and a knife.

I never would have thought those did the "most" damage. Hearing how much damage the knife does, I almost feel like it's cheating. I guess the risk is high enough for that reward.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Yeah my times for B and A look so similar that it's almost scary.

uRpzXbr.jpg

You're still going to be solving the same puzzles, grabbing mostly the same items. You get a slight shortcut in the lab, but other than that, the game felt the same to me. In fact, ammo seems more scarce in general, encouraging the player to go look for it. It should almost be S++.

What do you decide to pick up and what do you decide to leave?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
You're still going to be solving the same puzzles, grabbing mostly the same items. You get a slight shortcut in the lab, but other than that, the game felt the same to me. In fact, ammo seems more scarce in general, encouraging the player to go look for it. It should almost be S++.

What do you decide to pick up and what do you decide to leave?

I agree, the route looks pretty similar with the exception of the Magnum or SMG being picked up later in A due to needing a key for the
jewel box.
I tend to sacrifice a lot of healing items to have room for upcoming key items or defensive items (flash, grenades) cause those stack which is a life saver. My ammo is mostly crafted near the end.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I agree, the route looks pretty similar with the exception of the Magnum or SMG being picked up later in A due to needing a key for the
jewel box.
I tend to sacrifice a lot of healing items to have room for upcoming key items or defensive items (knife, flash, grenades) cause those stack which is a life saver. My ammo is mostly crafted near the end.

I feel like the extra inventory space is crucical for Leon B especially, given how challenging the Tyrant fight can be (easily the most challenging in the game). Maybe Claire B would be easier. I can see myself avoiding damage in that fight, especially with grenades. I can also see myself having an easier time going without the SMG as opposed to the Magnum ...

Oct 26, 2017
I apologize if this has been asked so many turns already but

Is there a marginal difference with how Claire A / Leon B plays out compared to Leon A / Claire B or is the essentially the same routes with just simply swapping the characters (Claire meets Marvin, Leon meets chief, etc)?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I feel like the extra inventory space is crucical for Leon B especially, given how challenging the Tyrant fight can be (easily the most challenging in the game). Maybe Claire B would be easier. I can see myself avoiding damage in that fight, especially with grenades. I can also see myself having an easier time going without the SMG as opposed to the Magnum ...

It's really a preference thing and which bosses you feel comfortable with. I love that players play the game so differently. I watched a lot of streams of the game and not one single person is picking up the same stuff and doing the exact same route.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ended up kinda impulse double dipping for Xbox One X.

Platinumed the game on PS4 and still intend to get some S+ Hardcore runs in there, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and 1000/1000 the Xbox version as well.

....... I love this game so much and have a problem.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
About to finish sewer with 2 hrs on hardcore Claire A. Possible to finish NEST in 30 min?

You're going to need to rush through the nest. Give yourself no more than 12 minutes. Save your grenades if you can. If you haven't fought G2 yet, it might not be possible for you to make it in 2:30.

I arrived at 2:00 and ended up restarting my playthrough, but I'm not a high skill player.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're going to need to rush through the nest. Give yourself no more than 12 minutes. Save your grenades if you can. If you haven't fought G2 yet, it might not be possible for you to make it in 2:30.

I arrived at 2:00 and ended up restarting my playthrough, but I'm not a high skill player.
To be exact clock says 1:50 right now. I just got to the nest

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up kinda impulse double dipping for Xbox One X.

Platinumed the game on PS4 and still intend to get some S+ Hardcore runs in there, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and 1000/1000 the Xbox version as well.

....... I love this game so much and have a problem.

I have both... enjoy the more stable framerate as well as quiet system :)

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot stand the Tyrant no more. This is just ruining the game seriously.

Yeah, I LOVED him on my first playthru. Now currently doing LeonB and it's quickly become just freaking annoying.
That being said, it is fun to pay attention to his AI at times. I thought he ALWAYS knew where you were, but that's not the case.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have both... enjoy the more stable framerate as well as quiet system :)

Ah, well to clarify I was playing on PS4 Pro and not the base PS4 -- the wording of my post probably seems to indicate base PS4.

My PS4 Pro and X have similar fan noise at this point -- I just upgraded my PS4 Pro to the latest model, so it's not even a month old yet -- my launch model's VOLUME wasn't an issue but it was whirring at a PITCH that just perfectly seemed to annoy the heck out of me personally, like a perfectly tuned dogwhistle. My Xbox One X is still pretty dang quiet but it has elevated in volume as time has gone on, I think largely because games are starting to push its spec a lot harder than at its launch... But it never gets bothersomely loud.

After playing enough to Platinum the PS4 version and then some, switching to the Xbox One controller is actually a lot tougher than I thought it might be. My entire reflex and deadzone compensation is fine tuned to PS4 atm, lol... But I do slightly prefer the ergonomics of the Xbox One controller. I wish third parties used the rumble triggers more, though -- I really wish they were in RE2 when I fired weapons.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, well to clarify I was playing on PS4 Pro and not the base PS4 -- the wording of my post probably seems to indicate base PS4.

My PS4 Pro and X have similar fan noise at this point -- I just upgraded my PS4 Pro to the latest model, so it's not even a month old yet -- my launch model's VOLUME wasn't an issue but it was whirring at a PITCH that just perfectly seemed to annoy the heck out of me personally, like a perfectly tuned dogwhistle. My Xbox One X is still pretty dang quiet but it has elevated in volume as time has gone on, I think largely because games are starting to push its spec a lot harder than at its launch... But it never gets bothersomely loud.

After playing enough to Platinum the PS4 version and then some, switching to the Xbox One controller is actually a lot tougher than I thought it might be. My entire reflex and deadzone compensation is fine tuned to PS4 atm, lol... But I do slightly prefer the ergonomics of the Xbox One controller. I wish third parties used the rumble triggers more, though -- I really wish they were in RE2 when I fired weapons.

Yeah

Similar situation. I have the lastest CUH PS4Pro and while it's been pretty quiet for most games, RE2 manages to still get the system to put out a high-pitched whir (and this is with a NIDEC fan). Usually I wouldn't care, but the with the very nature of RE'2 soundscape being dead silent at times, it REALLY stands out. My XB1X on the other hand is almost silent, tho it IS a launch unit that I sent back to MS 2 times due to the fan noise. 3rd time I got it back, it was completely silent again, so I don't know if they finally replaced the thermal paste or what. It certainly makes playing RE2 a much more enjoyable experience.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Yeah, I LOVED him on my first playthru. Now currently doing LeonB and it's quickly become just freaking annoying.
That being said, it is fun to pay attention to his AI at times. I thought he ALWAYS knew where you were, but that's not the case.
You have to be more conscious of your surroundings. If he's right by you, go into a save room and wait for him to leave, or plot out a route to get away or lure him in circles. One of my favorite things is leading him from the fire escape to the east office, and rushing through then being back in the main hall before he even gets into the east hallway.

Ipos

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I loved the game right until the Tyrant. F this type of mechanics, now i can't be bothered with the game anymore.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

I think the Tyrant is great idea and it forces you to adresse danger in a different way. But it's cheap ! Those are repetitive cheap death that just destroy the fun in the game.

lizzardpt

Feb 6, 2019
I loved the game right until the Tyrant. F this type of mechanics, now i can't be bothered with the game anymore.
I also had the same problem the first time I was playing with Leon A and I got tired of it, then I decided to go for assisted and after that the game was easier, already did Claire B and now I don't see the Tyrant as a problem anymore.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey guys,
i'm a bit stuck...
i'm trying to get the achievement under Records: Dark Times, Dark Room.

Conditions: Develop all rolls of film. it say completed 4/5. can't find the last roll...

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's honestly not that bad. Keep moving, don't run and try not to shoot stuff and he'll rarely find you. He's actually quite slow when he hasn't directly spotted you yet, so if you can't hear him nearby you can get away with making some noise because it'll take him ages to get to you.

The only really annoying parts are when he chases you through a room with Lickers but the easy solution to that is to kill the Lickers ahead of time.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was avoiding enemies early in the game and now find myself with a lot of ammo near the game's end. If I go back and kill enemies does that make it easier for my game B playthrough?