• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The YO zombies are the worst when you enter a room you thought was wiped out, then out of nowhere "YOoooooooooooo!"

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I need to bring up one of the biggest flaws this game has that I don't see anyone really talking about; There's no break between animation attacks the enemies do to you. I've died quite a few times thoughout various runs and 4th Survivor/Tofu from bullshit of being grabbed by a zombie/dog/ect., only to be immediately grabbed by another with literally no time to go to the menu to heal or move. It kind of ruins a lot of the enjoyment because it just feels cheap by being basically stun locked with no way to avoid the next attack or heal.

I'm sure there will be some that will argue that the original RE2 was similar, but the buffer between attacks was slightly larger, throwing off zombies would throw back any in front AND behind you for space, and there's the simple point that being attacked that way was cheap even then. It's 2019 and I think bullshit stuff like stunlocking should be a thing of the past at this point, it just cheapens the experience regardless of the type of game IMO.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I wish you could turn off that adaptive difficulty. I died a few times and the game just removed the enemy that was killing me apparently. Kind of takes away the challenge of getting better...

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
My brother cut a zombie in a half yesterday with a shot, he fell under his own legs, did not know it was possible.
Is there a free website that can host videos to share here?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could turn off that adaptive difficulty. I died a few times and the game just removed the enemy that was killing me apparently. Kind of takes away the challenge of getting better...

We're you choosing continue or manually loading a save? I almost never used continue, so I don't think I saw this adaptive difficulty.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Lean A and Claire B. Which is Leon 1st playthrough, Claire 2nd.

Great remake, I hope Resident Evil 3 gets done one day.

Tactile feedback from shooting is a bit weak, but I guess it's the compromise with zombies so the game isn't too easy with 1 shoot to the head and dead. They could've made the zombies a little faster I guess.

Lickers weren't too much trouble. Mr X was the bigger pain lol.

Not sure if it's really worth doing Claire A and Leon B for now, as not to get burnt out.

Still looking forward to an RE8, as they've kept to the source with RE2, which I can appreciate, but I'm not a speedrunner. I have no enjoyment from speedrunning and wouldn't have minded just a little more padding/story.

The DLC might make that up a bit for me, and IIRC there is going to be free stuff.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
We're you choosing continue or manually loading a save? I almost never used continue, so I don't think I saw this adaptive difficulty.
I was continuing. I was basically just testing a run through an area to get the best method. After several runs, the licker that kept killing me was just gone. I just assumed it was the difficulty at work, but maybe a glitch then?

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Last lore file driving me crazzzzy. It's not any of the orphanage ones or the b-scenario only ones. Keep loading different saves to try to find it with a guide. Ughhh

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I need to bring up one of the biggest flaws this game has that I don't see anyone really talking about; There's no break between animation attacks the enemies do to you. I've died quite a few times thoughout various runs and 4th Survivor/Tofu from bullshit of being grabbed by a zombie/dog/ect., only to be immediately grabbed by another with literally no time to go to the menu to heal or move. It kind of ruins a lot of the enjoyment because it just feels cheap by being basically stun locked with no way to avoid the next attack or heal.

I'm sure there will be some that will argue that the original RE2 was similar, but the buffer between attacks was slightly larger, throwing off zombies would throw back any in front AND behind you for space, and there's the simple point that being attacked that way was cheap even then. It's 2019 and I think bullshit stuff like stunlocking should be a thing of the past at this point, it just cheapens the experience regardless of the type of game IMO.
You're just a bad player blaming the game. Get better.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Leon B on Standard is really kicking my ass. Not even very far into the game (in RPD, no medallions) and I've got very little ammo compared to Claire A. The temptation to drop it down to Assisted continues to grow.

Once I got the shotgun it got manageable. And I have a lot of full heal herbs stocked in the chest.

There's a real lack of knives so far on Leon B, though.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I just now noticed that the music playing while you're in the model viewer section in bonuses is a remix of the original save room music. That's awesome!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Last lore file driving me crazzzzy. It's not any of the orphanage ones or the b-scenario only ones. Keep loading different saves to try to find it with a guide. Ughhh

None of the S.T.A.R.S office letters or at the cable car in the sewers either? I missed one in the lab reception save room on the whiteboard when hunting for those lore pieces.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Did you get the one down the stairs from the cable car? the one about the combination to the safe being written in chalk?

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
You're just a bad player blaming the game. Get better.

Yep, I've already S+ Hardcore both campaign's, 4th Survivor, and all Tofu's, on top of being able to clear all the original 3 games without damage, but I'm a bad player, sure.

You do know that having a valid criticism of a game, even one you love, is a thing, right?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I've already S+ Hardcore both campaign's, 4th Survivor, and all Tofu's, on top of being able to clear all the original 3 games without damage, but I'm a bad player, sure.

You do know that having a valid criticism of a game, even one you love, is a thing, right?

Nah I definitely noticed that issue. In the original they were knocked further back. It was pretty hard to get grabbed again after that. Here I just kinda prayed that enough of the zombies in a group got knocked away so that I can still squeeze by. It thankfully didn't happen too often, I think only in 4th survivor and in the prison section in Leon's scenario.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017

You're right, stunlocks can be really frustrating when they happen. G2 can knock you down and start another attack chain as you're standing up to hit you before you have a chance to do anything. Him and the dogs are the worst offenders.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017

Outside of one instance across 40 hours in game, stun locking is not something I've ever run into. Granted, I mash tab like mad after attack animations, I always have time to heal and avoid follow up attacks.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Nah I definitely noticed that issue. In the original they were knocked further back. It was pretty hard to get grabbed again after that. Here I just kinda prayed that enough of the zombies in a group got knocked away so that I can still squeeze by. It thankfully didn't happen too often, I think only in 4th survivor and in the prison section in Leon's scenario.

Is there any trick to getting out of the jail as Leon without getting totally swarmed?

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any trick to getting out of the jail as Leon without getting totally swarmed?
I stood still for a few seconds to kite as many zombies close to me as possible. Then I took the left route, baited Mr. X into an attack that I dodged, turned the corner and tossed a flash grenade to stun the remaining zombies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm having too much fun with the infinite knife, slash the arms off a zombie and then see them try to crawl to get you, persistent bastards.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I'm having too much fun with the infinite knife, slash the arms off a zombie and then see them try to crawl to get you, persistent bastards.
tenor.gif

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Didn't even knew that was possible, I actually thought you were invincible after a grab for at least two steps, even made it a strategy to pick which zombie to hug in those Tofu survivals lol!

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even knew that was possible, I actually thought you were invincible after a grab for at least two steps, even made it a strategy to pick which zombie to hug in those Tofu survivals lol!

Yeah I thought so, I got grabbed on purpose tactically towards the end in order to give me that extra second to run through the group.

Claire Hardcore S+ done. Now on to the B's and under 2 hours ....... any unlocks for these or is it pure prestige?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
So, I'm gonna attempt another Leon A S+ tonight. Hardcore, no saves, just for the hell of it.

Can someone give me some advice for the final two bosses? I'm skipping the magnum, which is what I originally used. I just need some general tips, what strategy you guys used.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Man, the B scenario it remind me MGSV chapter 2. It's a paste & copy of the first part of game with just new cutscene. WHAT A BULLSHIT. RE2 wasn't absolutely like this and puzzles, bosses and even the levels were absolutely alternative to the A walkthrough. Damn you capcom. You ruined a perfect remake with your rush.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm gonna attempt another Leon A S+ tonight. Hardcore, no saves, just for the hell of it.

Can someone give me some advice for the final two bosses? I'm skipping the magnum, which is what I originally used. I just need some general tips, what strategy you guys used.

From what I've seen on speedruns:

super X??? is on a timer of 1 minutes and 30 seconds ish if you do damage so you're really just waiting it out before the rocket launcher. Bring a shotgun to cancel him out of his instant kill move and maybe save a few flash or normal grenades to stall him for time.

Doing no damage to him you'll have to wait 3 minutes before you get the rocket launcher

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Man, the B scenario it remind me MGSV chapter 2. It's a paste & copy of the first part of game with just new cutscene. WHAT A BULLSHIT. RE2 wasn't absolutely like this and puzzles, bosses and even the levels were absolutely alternative to the A. Damn you capcom. You ruined a perfect remake.
It's 2nd scenario not B though, they pretty much said no A/B scenarios when they revealed the game at E3. It's more there to complement you playing the 1st with the other character than it is trying to give you different scenarios for the same character.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's 2nd scenario not B though, they pretty much said no A/B scenarios when they revealed the game at E3. It's more there to complement you playing the 1st with the other character than it is trying to give you different scenarios for the same character.
Wow. What an huge let down. So practically it's an half remake. Don't expect this. Can't say I'm happy about it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for Claire to get to the Break Room in the east wing of the police station? I'm doing Claire A right now, and after coming back to the police station after the sewers, the shutter in the watchman's room is still closed. However, I could swear that in Claire B, I went to the Break Room at some point.