• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any inconvenience using infinite weapons? Like no trophies, lower rank or anything like that?

I'm finishing Leon B and did not touch that infinite handgun for that specific reason.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I was doing the Birkin G1 fight and stabbed it with my infinite knife. Word of warning, you can't get that back. No big deal as I just reloaded my save.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I like some aspects of the new Nemesis-like final boss design (the mauled face/mouth is a really cool detail), but overall, I was left with the weird feeling that it felt more like a miniboss or first stage of a final boss with the partial clothing and stocky body type? The original Tyrant had a sort of alien / godly presence as it came out of the flames (regardless of how easy it actually was as a fight), this form felt a bit more...mundane.

Now, if I would I post pics with Claire like that, Era would flip out, I guess? WTF is this?!

Capcom already took away Claire's (classic) shirt.

Any chance Leon gets this as a DLC costume?

re2_remake_leon_pinup_by_mistfighter_dcxq4pl-pre.jpg

re2_remake_leon__mr__x__pinup_2_by_mistfighter_dcyav5p-pre.jpg

Honestly, going by the other RE games, it'll be one of the first mods...

Yeah but you don't get to see Leon's thicc booty all game so pass

h0hn0jpv22d21.gif

Once RE3 gets remade, you'll all understand what thicc really is.

tumblr_nwuiviRcfh1uh047to4_500.jpg

tumblr_nmq1cjqtde1tdkro1o1_400.gif

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth playing through Clair's story? Im almost finished with Leon's.

Yes of course. Everyone should play a New Game as 1 character and follow that up with New Game (Second Run) as the other. You will experience new cutscenes, locations, weapons, characters, some puzzles, and some bosses, plus an extended ending with the final boss.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like RCPD>>>lab>>>>sewers

Sewers were pretty dank, but kinda dull in terms of map layout. The atmosphere in the lab is just unbelievable, I love it.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Starting Claire B with the original soundtrack, while the transitions can be a bit harsh between tracks (having them crossfade and overlap more gradually could have been a better idea) just entering the main hall with its music fading in amongst zombie howls and moans is perfect atmosphere - it definitely manages to feel as tense as the silence, edging towards a bit of despair with the context from route A. Really looking forward to seeing the rest of the soundtrack integrated into the new context.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Leon B on Standard is really kicking my ass. Not even very far into the game (in RPD, no medallions) and I've got very little ammo compared to Claire A. The temptation to drop it down to Assisted continues to grow.

Oct 27, 2017
Leon B on Standard is really kicking my ass. Not even very far into the game (in RPD, no medallions) and I've got very little ammo compared to Claire A. The temptation to drop it down to Assisted continues to grow.

I had a similar experience starting Claire B, but once you get your other weapons the game gets easier as it goes on. No need to drop to Assisted.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I thought my run was shit yesterday, mainly because I reached the garage without having the shotgun lol.

Then I found the weapon locker card at...the same place it always was...I just fucking skipped it, thinking it would be elsewhere. After crossing X's path for the second time I went straight for it and ended up with a shitload of shotgun ammos. I breezed though everything all the way up to G2 where I took my second save.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

Going from the overflowing inventory at the end of Leon A to Claire B is giving me resource anxiety - even though immolating Lickers is hugely cathartic;
and seeing them redo the jumpscares from the original that were cut out of route A is great
I can't help but wonder if I'm moving towards an unwinnable state even trying to conserve resources until absolutely necessary...

I'm almost thinking of going back and redoing Birkin 1 like an hour after passing him because I used a R+G+B herb when I really didn't need to - I guess I'm probably overreacting; but the hoarding mentality is a fun part of the survival horror design.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hoard ammo way too much. I finished Claire B without ever using the high power sls60 rounds, or the sls60 at all, for that matter. Basically beat everything from the sewer to the end of the game with just SMG and Grenade Launcher. I kneecapped nearly every zombie and just ran past them.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Are there opportunities to get more flame rounds after the Sewer in Claire B? I've been using all ammo except that due to the enemies that pretty much require them in the Lab.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I assume someone has already posted this, but if not y'all should check it out. This guy does great work!

hell yes i've been waiting for this
Finished up my standard speed run. Made it a bit over two hours. Got the infinite pistol and immediately started a new game to test it out. Ah god its so much fun just to systematically shoot the limbs off of zombies.

Also found this cool piece of fanart today.
Gsa2tF3.jpg

Noir movie in the making?
hot af

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Managed to finish 4th survivor on my first run lol. Not the best time (11 minutes) but it wasn't that bad. I want Hunk skin for Leon tho, he looks so bad ass, Capcom please.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Put off finishing my B run until now. Difference between A and B is so underwhelming. I vastly prefer the original versions as there are story inconsistencies especially with G3 on the remake.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what crimson heads would have been like. Probably too frustrating with how base zombies are.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went from 100 to 0 real quick with this game. I will never deny that I love this game but after two playthroughs, trying to speedrun and emulate that 56 minute run on YouTube burned me out and frustrated me so damn much that I retroactively started disliking this game. I probably shouldn't play it for a few months. A shame. I really wanted an infinite weapon.