• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
XBOX One X or PS4 Pro? Which do I get? I'm good with either controller, just want the superior version from a performance/graphical standpoint.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hmm. I'm not having any fun with this. Waaay too many bullshit "chase" sections with invincible enemies.

Or they decide to throw a shit ton of bullet sponge tank enemies at you and you can barely walk around them since the hitboxes are so random. When I think about how I'm going to have to do this shit all over again with Leon twice and then Claire once more, I want to throw up. Lol. Even if I turned it to easy, I'd still have to deal with the invincible enemies again.

What a shame since I was so excited for this. 😢 I was enjoying the hell out of it when it was kinda like a metrovania and I got to explore the world at my own pace. Now I can't turn a corner without three tank enemies materializing out of nowhere. I guess I thought it was going to be more of an action game like RE4 and not this. At least Kingdom Hearts 3 is only a few days away. I wonder what GameStop will take for this? Probably not much.
Mr.X is the only enemy you can't kill, and he follows you for a small portion of the game. Hang in there. Sneak past lickers and pick your shots

data west

Oct 25, 2017
RE3 is Jill's game. Carlos is a side character. No way it should be like Leon and Claire.
Claire might as well be a side character compared to Leon in the series as a whole
Does anyone think a new RE: Outbreak game using over the shoulder camera would work?
I think with this new engine, the modern day love for online 4 player games(a la Destiny), the popularity of something like Dead By Daylight... a new Outbreak is very possible

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
XBOX One X or PS4 Pro? Which do I get? I'm good with either controller, just want the superior version from a performance/graphical standpoint.

There's trade-offs for both.

They both seem to have a native res of 1620p but reconstructed to 2160p. Xbox seems to have a much more aggressive anti-aliasing or post-process that gives it an overall softer (but less aliased/shimmery) image.

PS4 Pro has a sharper image but more aliasing/shimmer.

Xbox One X has very slightly better overall performance but in practice, they're pretty much identical in terms of framerate.

Have to pick poison: do you prefer slightly sharper-but-shimmery image with trophies (PS4) or slightly blurry but more consistent image quality with achievements (Xbox)?

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm. I'm not having any fun with this. Waaay too many bullshit "chase" sections with invincible enemies.

Or they decide to throw a shit ton of bullet sponge tank enemies at you and you can barely walk around them since the hitboxes are so random. When I think about how I'm going to have to do this shit all over again with Leon twice and then Claire once more, I want to throw up. Lol. Even if I turned it to easy, I'd still have to deal with the invincible enemies again.

What a shame since I was so excited for this. 😢 I was enjoying the hell out of it when it was kinda like a metrovania and I got to explore the world at my own pace. Now I can't turn a corner without three tank enemies materializing out of nowhere. I guess I thought it was going to be more of an action game like RE4 and not this. At least Kingdom Hearts 3 is only a few days away. I wonder what GameStop will take for this? Probably not much.

You're not supposed to kill most of the normal zombies. Just shoot them til you get a stagger/knockdown (typically 2 shots) then run past. There's more than enough ammo on every difficulty to kill all the non zombie enemies and still be comfortable on the bosses.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
finished fourth survivor a couple days ago, and on my first try to boot! gonna load it up today and try finishing a lot of other goodies and do a couple trophy runs before trying out hardcore.

they surpassed REmake

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Finished Claire A with
11 hours 18 minutes
on the clock. I'm not sure where people were getting this 6 hours figure. I didn't even waste much time -- Just tried to explore a lot and use all my keys and stuff.

Outstanding game. Easy clap for GOTY, maybe GOTG. My only "complaint" (besides that I want more in general!) is the bosses seem to think they're in a dark souls game and you as the player are barely capable of moving with no evasive maneuvers at all. Makes for some awkward situations, and I suspect limits the designers' options a bit when designing encounters. It's fine for one game, but if they do more in this style I hope they add a bit of maneuverability and an evasive option of some kind.

Gonna start B once I get the chance. Looking forward to seeing what's different. Incidentally, I already know there are considerable differences between Claire A and Leon A where whole sections of the game are different, different parts of the map can be accessed, and even available safe rooms are different -- Even at least one boss is totally different. So with that many differences just between the two As, I'm super curious to see what's in B.

You actually can, the window is just hard

Late game boss in Claire A in the labs I finished without getting hit in Hardcore!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's like you're playing a different game.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There are a lot of videogame opinions I don't understand, but not liking Mr. X is just nuts to me. The parts of the game where he's chasing you and you have to juke around him and lead him away from the areas you need to puzzle around in are the best in the game imo. Without Mr. X the game is basically just Gone Home for 90% of it lol.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So I'm doing Leon A this time and I had a weird glitch. I came back into the RPD after Mr.X shows up and I killed Marvin(R.I.P.)

Later I was making my way back towards the main hall and to my surprise, Marvin was sitting zombified on the couch! I had blown his head off before and here he was completely intact. I went up to him and he didn't move.

Later I come back into the main hall one last time and Marvin attacks me again, and I have to kill him for a second time(R.I.P)This didn't happen on my Claire A/Leon B. Anyone else encounter this glitch? Leon even repeated his dialogue towards Marvin as you kill him

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Leon A done.

Mr. X was the best feature in the game by far, had an incredibly intense moment with him and that was the highlight of this game for me.

The beginning at the station was phenomenal but after that it went downhill fast, honestly, especially the second section (of 3) in the game.
Not looking forward to that in the Claire run.

1 and 4 are still my favorites by far.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of videogame opinions I don't understand, but not liking Mr. X is just nuts to me. The parts of the game where he's chasing you and you have to juke around him and lead him away from the areas you need to puzzle around in are the best in the game imo. Without Mr. X the game is basically just Gone Home for 90% of it lol.
He doesn't chase you in unsolved puzzle rooms.

Oct 27, 2017
If you're really careful with listening out for him & make no noise whatsoever, outside of possible story beats, can you completely avoid Mr. X? This shit is making me paranoid as hell to even leave a room.

I don't know about completely avoid, but you can absolutely minimise your interactions with him. Having finished a play through today, I definitely feel like he caused me less hassle than many on here. In hindsight he was a relatively small factor for me. I didn't die to him a single time and think he only "got me" twice.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You actually can, the window is just hard

Late game boss in Claire A in the labs I finished without getting hit in Hardcore!

You can very carefully and awkwardly position/move yourself to avoid being hit, yes, but it's very awkward combat design IMO. It feels like certain bosses are playing by Dark Souls rules, like they were dropped in from a Souls game, but the main character wasn't

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think the line, "Hmm... What are they after?" was some RE1 levels of bad voice acting?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ummm, what's up with letter from
Chris Redfield? That doesn't seem like his character at all.
Am I missing something?

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you navigate back to RPD from the sewers as soon as you pick up the sewer key? I want to go back to upgrade my slots before doing the section with the pegs and flame thrower as I think it needs quite a few spare inventory spaces.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think the line, "Hmm... What are they after?" was some RE1 levels of bad voice acting?

Having played REmake twice last week before playing this, there is nothing in RE2 that is RE1 level.

Theres some occasional corny lines but overall the quality of the VA and characters is one of the more surprising aspects of RE2. REmakes dialogue and VA is an absolute riot. Just hilarious.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm, what's up with letter from
Chris Redfield? That doesn't seem like his character at all.
Am I missing something?

Claire straight up states

'That doesn't sound like Chris' when you find the letter - presumably it's either Umbrella/Irons covering up things, or Chris trying to start the BSAA and go off and do his own thing while throwing Umbrella off the scent

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Having played REmake twice last week before playing this, there is nothing in RE2 that is RE1 level.

Theres some occasional corny lines but overall the quality of the VA and characters is one of the more surprising aspects of RE2. REmakes dialogue and VA is an absolute riot. Just hilarious.
I feel like the line should have been delivered with a grim tone. Idk why after hearing a disturbing revelation Leon would say the line like a little kid playing detective.

Last edited:

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
Im on my second playthrough now and I feel so stupid for not examining all items properly the first time...
I kept searching for that USB stick in order to access Lightning Eagle, but never found it... So I completed the game without ever using the magnum bullets I kept finding. Then I noticed now that the USB was on a certain item that I had all along.

It was a great experience though, I had a lot of fun with the game.
(Except for mr X chasing you, which stressed the hell out of me).

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Done with all four scenarios, took my time with Claire's 2nd Scenario though, opening all those lockers, finding the hidden treasure etc. all that stuff I missed during her first playthrough to see if you get something worthwhile. (Not really.)

Also, after Leon's 2nd Scenario I figured I was going to do the smart thing by just crafting grenades with the gunpowder and not even bother with handgun bullets, seeing as you'd have to deal with two handgun bullet pools then, however, all those acid grenades seemed pretty useless to be honest. I never really paid attention during my first playthrough as to which grenade is best for which situation but now the way I figured it is like this:

Flame grenades: Good against everything.

Acid grenades: Stuns enemies for a bit, as damage dealer practically useless though.

A whole lot of good those 30 acid grenades did during the Birkin fight, I used all of them on him until he finaly died. And they're not much more useful on regular enemies either.