• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
okay, so, I can't figure out how to get down there again. I went through the chief's office elevator back to that boss area, and I can't seem to get through that way. So I looped back around to the main hall of the PD and the way down under the statue with the three emblems seems closed off now. Am I screwed?

No, you can get back later from the sewers.
There is a point of no return but the characters will very clearly let you know about it.

You're good, but maybe have to wait a little before you can get back, you will find items to return to the RPD from the later areas soon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Question about something in the sewers.

Do the big monsters with the eyes in their shoulders ever come back to life? Their bodies keep pulsating even after death.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Y'all why did nobody tell me Mr. X can just open doors like a mofo? Thought I was safe hiding behind a steel door and this mother fucker just pushes the damn thing open like it's a screen door.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
So, when getting so the sewers there is a series of drops you have to make to get to the main area. Is there any way to get back there without backtracking through the whole map?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Leon A. Fucking brilliant. The last section of the game was insane, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and was absolutely drained of all my ammo and healing by the end. The atmosphere and tension through-out is perfect. Couldn't really ask for more, except some good post-launch support from Capcom since I want to keep playing this

Settling into Claire B now.
I literally clapped after the last boss fight on Leon A. So good.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I've found that the observation and interregation rooms are impermeable to Mr X. He just stomps up to the doors, tries to open them, can't do it, then leaves. You even get the sound effect of the door opening but it doesn't. Absolutely shit myself hearing it first time.

Same thing happened to me there, I was freaking out

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
If there is actually 'regenerating' health in Assisted, I haven't figured it out yet, lol.
Doesn't regenerate worth shit.

/ninjadog

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's fairly difficult in my opinion, even by series standards. You really have to conserve resources and I've been in situations where I end up resetting at a save point because I wasted too much ammo or got hit too much at a certain point. That being said it really adds to the survival horror experience being resource starved and having to be careful about handling situations.
Hardcore mode feels like classic Resi, but I'm not sure I would recommend playing it on that mode for your first playthrough. If you really want a challenge though, and don't mind taking things slow, then go for it, it's probably the only mode I'm going to play it on from now on when I just want to play through it again.
It's more difficult than classic RE by magnitude.
Thanks friends. Yeah I'm playing on normal now and I'm already finding ammo conversation to be one heck of a tough thing to maintain lol

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to see for myself if Mr. X follows you into the safe room

Dx4Y7mHWoAAI6vL.jpg

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
And enemies take more bullets to down, right?

I wanna go with this for B but some bosses with increased health and one shots could be a slog.
Honestly, I couldn't really tell, even on Standard they take a lot of shots. Bosses also felt the same to me. It's just the amount of damage they do that's different really.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
claire B is just me running away from mr.x shooting at thinks like ocelot

if i don't find the weapon locker keycard i'm going to sweat profusely

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I did it! I bear Leon -A! I'm 33 and I've never actually beaten a survival horror game because I'm a huge wuss. And I'm double proud because I tweaked the game to look and run great on my PC rather than PS4 Pro.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Are there actually any
Raccoon toys
prior to reading the pamphlet on them? Because I want to get them all, and I know the areas in which they are located, but not their exact locations. I want to find them myself. I haven't actually seen any of them before until the first reading material, and I think I've only found a total of three since.

Honestly, I couldn't really tell, even on Standard they take a lot of shots. Bosses also felt the same to me. It's just the amount of damage they do that's different really.

Enemies in this game are sponges in general. I'm also not sure why it's recommended to just cripple one (blow its leg off) and then run away, since when you return it will still be there crawling around and can lunge for you. This is especially bad in narrow hallways, and especially if you get more than a single zombie at a time. For more open areas it's not really an issue, but sometimes you have to simply finish them off for good. Making it so they can't lunge just takes as many bullets as it does to simply outright kill it.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone else think that when you're walking through water it sounds like zombies or some type of enemy? I'm always do damn paranoid in the sewers even when everything is dead.

Speaking of the sewers...
Anyone glad spiders weren't in this? I thought for sure I'd see them, but I'm glad they are absent.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Are there actually any
Raccoon toys
prior to reading the pamphlet on them? Because I want to get them all, and I know the areas in which they are located, but not their exact locations. I want to find them myself. I haven't actually seen any of them before until the first reading material, and I think I've only found a total of three since.
Yup, there are some right from the start.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I had a jump scare happen to me in my Leon A play through that I haven't seen happen to anyone on stream that I've watched.

Mr. X broke through the wall from media room to the observation/interrogation room hallway, just like he does in the original game.

SCARED THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF ME.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all how are the controls with PS4? I played the demo on PC and it looked good and keyboard felt good but I kind of want to experience it on the big screen. Should I go PS4 instead?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Claire A. This game is really fucking good. I love what they did with each area, especially the plant. That shit sucked on the original Claire A because it had a ton of backtracking. My only disappointments so far are the soundtrack and no
green Lickers.

The soundtrack really is a shame. If you actually wanna hear the remade save room theme, go to the model viewer because you can barely hear that shit in the actual game. Birkin's themes aren't as good as their original either. Mr. X's theme is ace though.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I fucking wish the Tyrant was gone already. This shit is so frustrating. I just want to go at my own pace and this asshole magically teleports everywhere I want to go.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Claire A. Loved every second of it, can't wait to dig deeper into Leon B. Made it to the first save room as him and I have a big question for those who already finished Leon B. Some advice would be much appreciated:

So, in Claire's A scenario I noticed that barricading the windows in the west hall ended up being a pretty good idea, considering that I had to walk through that wing a couple of times. With Leon B I'm starting on the east wing and I noticed that there are like 5 or so windows next to the first save room (the break room) that's also leading to the basement. Am I paranoid thining that later in the game a lot of zombies will burst into those windows to make it harder to reach the basement? Do you recommend trying to find enough boards to barricade those windows or should I rather focus on the east wing hallway again? I have a pretty good memory of both Leon's and Claire's A scenarios in the PS1 original, but my memory gets super foggy thinking about the B scenarios. Haven't played those that often. Thanks in advance!

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
So I had a jump scare happen to me in my Leon A play through that I haven't seen happen to anyone on stream that I've watched.

Mr. X broke through the wall from media room to the observation/interrogation room hallway, just like he does in the original game.

Happened to me too, was perplexed when the same thing didnt happen on a stream I was watching 0_o

Wonder what triggers it?

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Never played the game before, played only about four hours - taking a long hiatus from games really messed with my gaming "endurance".

Just met Mr. X and am pretty low on everything. This game gives me the good kind of anxiety!

RE-wise I've only played 4 (played it a LOT). I was a huge fan of games like Alien Isolation, BioShock, and System Shock 2. RE2, and I guess the original when I get around to it, give me the same sort of atmosphere I love - alone in a strange place where most people died and with mysterious enemies. But RE2 so far has super good level design, puzzles, and backtracking that is enjoyable. Pace is pretty good too.

Going to try to get a little bit more time in tonight.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Yup, that happened to me.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Y'all how are the controls with PS4? I played the demo on PC and it looked good and keyboard felt good but I kind of want to experience it on the big screen. Should I go PS4 instead?
Good, but standard and hardcore have zero auto aim which compared to m+kb obviously makes it harder in comparison but it's totally manageable. The controls are pretty much the exact same as re7 if you've played that on ps4.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Yep, I had that happen, I shit a brick. It's helpful though as a shortcut!

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Claire A. Loved every second of it, can't wait to dig deeper into Leon B. Made it to the first save room as him and I have a big question for those who already finished Leon B. Some advice would be much appreciated:

So, in Claire's A scenario I noticed that barricading the windows in the west hall ended up being a pretty good idea, considering that I had to walk through that wing a couple of times. With Leon B I'm starting on the east wing and I noticed that there are like 5 or so windows next to the first save room (the break room) that's also leading to the basement. Am I paranoid thining that later in the game a lot of zombies will burst into those windows to make it harder to reach the basement? Do you recommend trying to find enough boards to barricade those windows or should I rather focus on the east wing hallway again? I have a pretty good memory of both Leon's and Claire's A scenarios in the PS1 original, but my memory gets super foggy thinking about the B scenarios. Haven't played those that often. Thanks in advance!

The B Scenario in this one is faster paced so you have to be efficient as the chasing will start much earlier so you don't have time to run back and forth constantly. I didn't bother with the boards in the B scenario and made it fine. If you really want to know, the hall near the break room save point is where the enemies will come through the windows at multiple time if not boarded

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
What a fuckin game.

Beat Leon a, currently hiding in a save room in Claire b lmao.

My biggest fucking complaint about the game? Capcoms lack allowing pc players to use dual shock prompts.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Finished Leon A this afternoon. Got a B ranking. This is absolutely a fantastic remake and everything I wanted.

Getting ready to fire up Claire B. :D