• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The way the reticle works feels just right. Like, it feels like it's almost the perfect amount of steady time to get that 100% accuracy shot. The reticle isn't unreasonably wide before that, but just wide enough that it's usually worth it to line up the good shot.

The controls are nice and responsive, too. A zombie ambushed me as I walked through a door and I was instantly able to take out the pistol and shoot him in the head. I was actually kind of surprised Leon was able to draw and fire so quickly during a walking animation.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Yeebus, hardcore is indeed hardcore. Literally everything two-shots you.

It's been challenging and a lot of fun, but I fear this will get worse...

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Also can someone clear up what windows settings you should have your headphones set to for binaural audio? Do you just leave them set to normal stereo, or turn on windows Sonic or what?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If I went to the sewers before progressing through everything at the police station am I shit out of luck with those items?

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Got the second medallion and passed a bunch of letter combo locks along the way. Will I locate the combos later in letters or something?

bender

Oct 27, 2017
RE2 is my favorite RE title. Just got done playing for an hour. Is going to be damn tough for another 2019 title to top this. This an AC7 are a helluva way to kick the year off.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Game of forever confirmed. I'm staying up all night - as RE2 reclaims the throne as the greatest title in the franchise. This Remake was crafted with so much love!

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Not sure what the strategy with Leon would be, but with Claire if you wait until they are on the ground one fire round takes them out. Not initially, but after they recover from the stun animation if they are in the flames they will die shortly after.

Also walk around them. It seemed like I would have been able to sneak past them, but I said fuck it.
That's what I did. Didn't even so much look my way.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Just got my game, guys should I play on Normal or Hardcore? I love me a challenge but is it true that zombies took ''10 headshots to kill'' on Hardcore?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone finished yet?

I reviewed the game and couldn't beat Hunk's mode. Was curious if anyone beat it to see if the unlocks are worth more attempts.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Finished Leon's campaign in basically one sitting. Haven't done that with a game in years. Took 6 1/2 hours, B rank.

I don't know if it tops RE4 but damn it's close. Capcom is back up there with the big boys. Basically a perfect videogame.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone finished yet?

I reviewed the game and couldn't beat Hunk's mode. Was curious if anyone beat it to see if the unlocks are worth more attempts.

It unlocks Tofu Survivor, same run but harder. Nothing else, I don't think. Maybe some skins, as there's some question marks still for me in the Records section. A good tip is keep as many grenades for the last batch of enemies before the underpass. Use the MP5 to kneecap, obviously.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Damn this is a tough game. Put in nearly three hours so far and loving every second of it. A good two hours in it starts to get tense as all hell. Ran out of all ammo at one point so if anyone's worried about the "survival" part of the genre, this game's got it in spades.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing... I'm a fair bit past that point and haven't found anything except one lock combo.

Yes, you get the answers for all of them. Some quite a bit after you initially find the lock.

Damn this is a tough game. Put in nearly three hours so far and loving every second of it. A good two hours in it starts to get tense as all hell. Ran out of all ammo at one point so if anyone's worried about the "survival" part of the genre, this game's got it in spades.

Yeah, I have to learn to run away more.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
This is a dream come true. I don't want to sleep, but I must. I feel like my young self in 98 all over again, this is absolutely RE2. They nailed it, its masterful, it's classic RE in every way but with the modern controls. I'm running low on ammo, things are chasing me, it's constantly tense, it's perfect.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I had stocked up on 19 shotgun rounds. Feeling content . Then first boss battle comes . Now iam left with just 4 Pistol bullets . Just great

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
On the Leon-A scenario, this guy is relentless. Am I supposed to fight back? He's following me everywhere. I feel like I can't do anything.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Yeebus, hardcore is indeed hardcore. Literally everything two-shots you.
If your saving is still limited by finite ribbons (sounds like it is?), I'm trying to imagine how it could be fun / tolerable when you could die at any time to a roided-up enemy and lose 10, 20, 30+ minutes of progress.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Played 2 hours last night, all good except the music, seriously, who thought It was a good idea to have the Save theme listenable for 30 seconds and then nothing?

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Item spoilers

I could have sworn I came across shotgun parts that were locked in like a display. I can't for the life of me remember where that was. Am I going crazy?

There's a Lightning Hawk part in a display that you need the non-USB STARS badge to unlock if that's what you mean. Go down the medallion passage from the main hall and follow the stairs to the bottom.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The way the reticle works feels just right. Like, it feels like it's almost the perfect amount of steady time to get that 100% accuracy shot. The reticle isn't unreasonably wide before that, but just wide enough that it's usually worth it to line up the good shot.

The controls are nice and responsive, too. A zombie ambushed me as I walked through a door and I was instantly able to take out the pistol and shoot him in the head. I was actually kind of surprised Leon was able to draw and fire so quickly during a walking animation.

What tweaks have you made to your control scheme in the options menu?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
On the Leon-A scenario, this guy is relentless. Am I supposed to fight back? He's following me everywhere. I feel like I can't do anything.
It's not recommended to engage him. You can ditch him, all you have to do is to run and get as many walls between him as you can. It'll eventually lose track of you and go into a stalking period. Just avoid him as best you can.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Likewise. Did the same with the first medallion too the moment I entered the station. Didn't realize it would be so easy to guess, so ive been trying it with every other combination puzzle since... to varying degrees of success... I'd say its probably better just to wait and find the combinations.

If you are trying to brute force the combo locks in the west wing, don't bother. It's a waste of time and you eventually get told the combo.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017

Normal. I was killing everything like I would in most REs. Advice from me: if you have even a decent chance at dodging zombies instead of killing them, do it. And it's not like I'm missing tons of shots or getting in awkward situations. This is with me taking my time, boarding up windows, and lining up nothing but critical headshots. I think I've missed like 5 pistol shots and 1 shotgun shot throughout this. Adaptive difficulty probably screwing me without me knowing rn.

On a side note regarding the adaptive difficulty: does every single instance of damage on normal cause a status change? AKA Fine > Caution or Caution > Danger. Or is that adaptive difficulty at play, because I didn't get hit for a good hour or so to start.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
what a fucking game. doing Claire's scenario first, and currently trying to do the library puzzle as my next objective.

this game is terrifying. Lickers are insane and Mr X is unreal. holy fuck

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm a grown ass man and I just let out a high pitched shriek of terror when the licker showed up. Fuck that, man.

The audio with headphones is just too damn good for this shit.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'm probably screwed, I got attacked by a Tyrant after extinguishing the helicopter and I can't kill him. He's chasing me all around the station, I need to move bookshelves but It's impossible with all the enemies attacking me. I've tried to fight him, but I wasted all my ammo and he still isn't dead. What do, what do...

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
I turned off my HDR settings. The game looked washed out with HDR enabled! RE7 looked fantastic on my BRAVIA Z9D, it can go close to 2000 nits and still looked perfectly balanced! Hopefully the game gets a patch soon.

But that intro was amazing! I was expecting to spend more time through the alleys but the Police Station was calling for me. Killed my first Licker and it was an Epic first encounter just like the old one...3 hours in and only finished with the spade doors...cant wait for tomorrow night!!

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
what a fucking game. doing Claire's scenario first, and currently trying to do the library puzzle as my next objective.

this game is terrifying. Lickers are insane and Mr X is unreal. holy fuck

Mr. X hasn't been terrible for me yet, but I only recently encountered him. Lickers on the other hand are insanely dangerous. Probably the most dangerous enemy in series history.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
When I blew the C4 and it woke up the zombie I could have sworn that I heard something else stirring. I started to exit the little area that had the medallion and then suddenly LICKER! I almost shat my pants!

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'm probably screwed, I got attacked by a Tyrant after extinguishing the helicopter and I can't kill him. He's chasing me all around the station, I need to move bookshelves but It's impossible with all the enemies attacking me. I've tried to fight him, but I wasted all my ammo and he still isn't dead. What do, what do...

Well apparently you can't kill him so I think wasting ammo on him has screwed you