• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Ok, so this is pretty awesome so far, but where is all the music?, I made it to one of the original safe rooms, remember that classic safe room music?, I got nothing just silence, and the main police station hall, no music?, I'm using the remastered soundtrack, it was late and didn't get a chacne to switch it back to classic to test it. It was just something that stood out right away and was pretty disappointing.
You need to push the light switch in the save-room to trigger the theme, but it doesn't loop and it's very ambient like all the rest of the score.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
The trek to the RPD was super fast. I was kinda surprised
Same here, surprised nobody mentioned that yet. The whole treck to meeting kendo, and all through the alleyway and basketball court is gone. I was excited to see how they did it, but it's literally just a tutorial during the intro custscene, and then you run in a straight line to the RPD.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, surprised nobody mentioned that yet. The whole treck to meeting kendo, and all through the alleyway and basketball court is gone. I was excited to see how they did it, but it's literally just a tutorial during the intro custscene, and then you run in a straight line to the RPD.

Some of the early city section from the OG game comes into play later in the remake. Not too much content is cut at all in the grand scheme - just reordered.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Sad to see a lot of people don't seem to like Mr X. I love the feeling of being too afraid to leave the save room. There does seem to be a pattern to his movements that I was just starting to pick up so I don't think it's total bullshit.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
So I just had a cutscene and thought I could go back to the police station since I didn't open all the doors and saves. I'm undergound now. Do you go back at some point? Playing as Leon btw.

Would be nice if someone could answer this. :)

Pazusama

Jun 2, 2018
Liverpool
Anyone with a GTX 1080ti want to tell me what their settings are? I had to drop the rendering resolution down to 80% (of 4k) with the other settings maxed to keep a consistent 60 fps. The actual game is much heavier than the demo (and with good reason, this is one of the prettiest PC games I have ever seen).
You can find by config (which inclued the gtx1080ti) and settings here. I tried playing it in 4K tonight and I had to lower the resolution to 2k :(

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Some of the early city section from the OG game comes into play later in the remake. Not too much content is cut at all in the grand scheme - just reordered.
Also, some features of the original leave a much bigger impact in this than they did then. I almost dropped my controller when the first burning zombie walked around a corner!

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fixing shitty ass filters, why do devs still do this crap

queenshade
46141742204_dc6954b4fd_o.png

without
46814648552_a0ff2253ac_o.png

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Heading to GS in a bit and then I probably won't be reporting back until sometime tomorrow after work, lol. Got a long shift and couldn't get the time off.

(artist rendition of my drive to Gamestop)
IsbUFPy.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Man, almost 100k people are watching RE2 streams on twitch right now. Don't really know why you'd spoil this game and not just play it for yourself but maybe this is an old man yelling at the clouds moment.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Am I blind or is there no way to exit the main menu? I had to ALT F4. I haven't picked a story yet or anything, but I couldn't see any way to close the game at all.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn this game is so must better with the original soundtrack on. It doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia. It's just plain better to actually hear something. Plus it does fit. Disappointing they went with this silence approach.

This needed to be an option for everyone. Because everything is on point so far, except the sound design which really drags it down. wtf is this, even RE7 had save room music etc

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh the PC version is saying I have 0,11 GBq of VRAM and I have a GTX1070. My on board graphic chip is also disabled and not even connected good grief.

Oct 26, 2017
Finished my 2nd run, they really don't hold back on that one. But I'm not sure if that's cause it's leons story? Have unlocked hunks mode now, just wanna keep playin.

Jayveer

Oct 25, 2017
Is it normal that the gun doesn't have a reticle when aiming? I remember it did in the demo. Is it just a setting I haven't turned on?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, what happens if you dont have the soundtrack swap? Is there no music at all? Just silence and background sounds/noises? the music was like my second favorite thing about the game....

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Quick question, will the ost be sold separately at Xbox store ? I can't find that

Yes, once the game officially launches in your territory.

Example:
Australia: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/original-ver-soundtrack-swap/bxck7dvcrggj

EDIT: U.S. Still hasn't launched yet so there is no purchase option at this time. However, the price and buy button will show up once it launches. U.S. link below for reference:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/original-ver-soundtrack-swap/bxck7dvcrggj

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
yo, are the zombies fired up or what in hardcore mode ? I replayed the demo several times but they PUNKED me in the RPD hallway after the encounter with Elliot

jesus, i'm not too sure of my difficulty mode choice now, lmao

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Shit, what happens if you dont have the soundtrack swap? Is there no music at all? Just silence and background sounds/noises? the music was like my second favorite thing about the game....

There is music bro, there are even cool remixes of classic RE2 song, but everything is much more atmospheric. I think it's worth playing the game with the new soundtrack because it adds a lot in terms of sound design

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
I tried hardcore but felt like it was too punishing for a first playthrough, zombies just take too many shots. Restarted on standard and this one feels like it´s too easy, I´m swimming in ammo and healing items. God damnit, I wish there was another difficulty in between.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
As expected looks like Leon and Ada are winning over Claire and Sherry as first choice run.
1548381106617.png

I always pick Leon first. I don't dislike Claire at all though, I just have this idea that Claire really gets into the thick of Umbrella's underbelly whereas Leon is more of a story about surviving.

Claire basically goes commando at the end of the original game and I always liked that enough to make her the last run to end on a great note.