• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, 7 hours to beat Leon A at a relaxed pace? Yeah, I guess I'll pass on the game for now.

The game feels a good length though. It is based on a 4-5 hour game and they have added to that in sensible ways which I won't spoil here, but it unfolds perfectly. The pacing is great and I always think a short but well paced game is better than a long drawn out one. Remember the game also includes two campaign scenarios, which feature new boss encounters, characters and areas. So it's technically a 14-16hr experience.

Also the gore is off the charts so if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff you may want to avoid.

Also, all the safes you find, are you suppose to just wing it or will you find the combo?

You can find all the combinations but they require you to be observant and sometimes think outside the box to uncover. There was one safe I couldn't work out. Search for notes and environmental clues.

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn this game is so must better with the original soundtrack on. It doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia. It's just plain better to actually hear something. Plus it does fit. Disappointing they went with this silence approach.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still dont know if I should go LeonA/ClaireB or ClaireA/LeonB for the best experience

krg

Oct 27, 2017
fuck, VPN doesn't do the trick for me. Already tried with TunnelBear and also ProtonVPN.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, turns out I had a pre-order.

Can anyone tell me what's in the game in terms of bonus content? Or do we not know that yet?

Goddamn this game is so must better with the original soundtrack on. It doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia. It's just plain better to actually hear something. Plus it does fit. Disappointing they went with this silence approach.

There's two soundtracks?

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with a GTX 1080ti want to tell me what their settings are? I had to drop the rendering resolution down to 80% (of 4k) with the other settings maxed to keep a consistent 60 fps. The actual game is much heavier than the demo (and with good reason, this is one of the prettiest PC games I have ever seen).

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
IT'S TIME!

y8kS1J6.jpg

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
The game feels a good length though. It is based on a 4-5 hour game and they have added to that in sensible ways which I won't spoil here, but it unfolds perfectly. The pacing is great and I always think a short but well paced game is better than a long drawn out one. Remember the game also includes two campaign scenarios, which feature new boss encounters, characters and areas. So it's technically a 14-16hr experience.

Also the gore is off the charts so if you're sensitive to that kind of stuff you may want to avoid.
Yeah, I was just really on the fence earlier but I thought the game was actually quite a bit longer than it is. I think I want to wait until all the DLC is out--I don't like returning to games after months/years to play a relatively small amount of new content, I like playing it all at once.

The demo was already like the goriest game I've ever played, are you saying the full game even gorier? It didn't bother me, but that sure would be something.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Decided not to use the DLC weapons, want my first playthrough to be as normal as possible. Maybe on NG+ I will try em out.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Man, playing this on a 5.1 set up and this is the most impressed I've ever been with a game's sound design.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Played a few hours before having to call it a night. The old school RE gameplay loop holds up extremely well and feels good to return to after its been absent for so long.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Positives -
- Voice acting, ambience and music were on point too.
- Ada is still seductive, cheeky, badass and all around awesome

I agree with those very much! The characterization in this game is one of the things Capcom absolutely nailed for all the characters. The four major ones feel connected to the iterations of their character in later entries, giving a more cohesive feel of continuity when it comes to the character lore in the franchise as a whole.

Leon has hints of his RE4/Dam/RE6 awareness of the situation (as opposed to being totally oblivious in the OG), Ada has hints of her RE4/Dam/RE6 flirtatious and playful yet beyond competent self (as opposed to being totally reckless in the OG), Claire has hints of her RECV/Deg/Rev2 irritable personality with her swearing (as opposed to acting like a full-blown experienced mother of seven at the age of 19 in the OG), Sherry has hints of her RE6 self with her resilience and humor despite the odds (as opposed to acting like a clueless 6/7 year old in the OG). They all feel more in-line with their character now, especially with how the series decided to progress them in later entries.

Annette, Kendo, Marvin, Ben and the other supporting characters are in general much more fleshed out and are just a joy to see their design, their casting, their acting, their delivery and their script be so outstanding whenever they're on screen.

Although I gotta admit, the music is sadly my least favorite of any RE game, as much as it hurts to say. The high highs of the OST are there, but everything else is just so unmemorable.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was just really on the fence earlier but I thought the game was actually quite a bit longer than it is. I think I want to wait until all the DLC is out--I don't like returning to games after months/years to play a relatively small amount of new content, I like playing it all at once.

The demo was already like the goriest game I've ever played, are you saying the full game even gorier? It didn't bother me, but that sure would be something.

Maybe a good idea to wait then as it'll probably be $10-15 cheaper in a few months when the DLC drops. And the demo is certainly a good indication of what to expect for the rest of the game gore wise. It's that kind of level but pervasive throughout and one death scene in particular made me wince.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
First the first time in a good while, I've sat in a darkened room, and really focused on a videogame. Big nice headphones on. No phone distractions

Played about an hour and 15 min and got to the point the demo ends, I've been soaking it in slowly. Really, this truly is what I've wanted since 2002 post Remake. Opted for the original OST for my first play through and boy is it hitting some big notes for me.

Beautiful experience so far. Very happy. I must sleep

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Got up to the point where the demo ends and I'm finished for tonight too tired to play more. Really enjoying what I've played so far but that intro caught me by surprise they cut out a lot of it, the game might as well start with you entering the RPD.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'm very bummed they're not allowing me to play Normal with the hardcore traits like no autosave and ink ribbons. I didn't get hit by anything until I met the first licker and I'm playing the whole game very, very tense and looking over my shoulder and stuff, but I just get the feeling that if I die I'll realize how forgiving the game is. The only reason I don't want to play Hardcore is that I don't want enemies to be stronger and I don't want item placements to be where they aren't usually placed.

Now that I'm thinking back, yeah, they did cut a lot didn't they? I'm also going back and forth about the storytelling so far. I think I like all of what I've seen but the intro started out super classy in my opinion, but it was setting the tone in such a way that you felt like it was building towards its eerieness with focus, but as soon as Leon and Claire gets in the car I felt as if the tone swapped to a more lighthearted style, more reminiscent of the original. It kind of feels like the good old Kamiya style is at odds with the new direction at times, like they were totally going for modernization but occasionally went like "no, no, no, we have to keep this iconic moment in the game, because it was so cool!", like the big truck coming towards Leon and Claire.

They definitely made the Racoon City street too wide. The trek through it was quite different and there's definitely a lot more zombies there too, so I would only occasionally be about to bump headfirst into a zombie because I wasn't used to the layout.

There's two side-effects of the tone of the game IMO:
1. Because the characters can act almost unaware of how unusual the whole outbreak is it almost adds to the horror of it, because it alienated the audience, in that Twin Peaks way.
2. It leaves a lot to the imagination as well. This is apparently the "home of Umbrella" and their reaction to the outbreak or even their whereabouts before it happens make me think up stuff like "what was normal society even like in this Umbrella City??" like, are people all just jaded or something. Really weirdly interesting to me. I'm sure it's not intentional lmao.

Last edited:

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
just so I understand...there are a total of 2 unique stories in this game?...lets say I start out as Claire...I get her full story and then in the 2nd run I get Leon...so Claire A and Leon B...and when I finish Leon B it unlocks Claire B?...so if I start out as Leon and get Claire as my 2nd run will that be exactly the same as starting as Claire?...are there 2 unique main stories or 4?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So people can already play this?

I got one of those AMD 2 of 3 free games with my recent 570 purchase. I get 2/3 of RE2, DMC5, or The Division 2. I'm not huge on any of those, but all seem like they'd be cool to fiddle with.

Should I cash in one of my chip's for RE2? And I wonder, even if it's available to the public already, would it be available on AMD's free game thingy so early?

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know if this is getting a midnight launch at Best Buy? I'm hoping to get the Steel Book if I get it early.

Cadaveria

Jan 24, 2019
Ok, so this is pretty awesome so far, but where is all the music?, I made it to one of the original safe rooms, remember that classic safe room music?, I got nothing just silence, and the main police station hall, no music?, I'm using the remastered soundtrack, it was late and didn't get a chacne to switch it back to classic to test it. It was just something that stood out right away and was pretty disappointing.