• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
For PC players, you guys going in with a controller or kb+m?
Steam controller with a heavily modified 'mouse-like joystick.' I was able to land precision shots just fine with this setup in the demo.

I'm also using this setup because for some reason RE engine games don't support simultaneous mouse and controller inputs 😔.

Oct 28, 2017
Um......wow what? Kinda shocked how little there is to the game pre police station. There's less to the streets than there was in OG RE2. Very surprised by this.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
I take my horror way too seriously and strictly play/watch when it's dark(or raining). The later in the night the better. It took me way too long to get through The Evil Within because I never wanted to play it before midnight. Glad the length here is close to the original, those 2:00am sessions will be everything.

I remember doing the same thing and then Silent Hill 3 totally fucking destroyed me, I had to play that shit in a room with lots of lights and during the day.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
Riiiiiiight. Yeah the first zombie bite putting me down to danger was enough to tell me fuck hardcore mode it's not meant for a first playthrough no matter how familiar you are with the series. Playing this on normal.

Man seriously Capcom you gotta have better difficulty options for the next game. Two games in a row you've done this I won't forgive it a third time.
They messed it up pretty badly again, really surprised they didn't test out the difficulties properly, this game could really do with an actual hard mode and not jump from normal (which doesn't even give the choice for ink ribbons) straight to what should be an extra hard unlockable mode.

Oct 27, 2017
I just got around to playing the demo, and I was honestly surprised by how good it felt. Can you only play it once? I don't have the money to buy this right now, but I'll certainly pick it up down the line. I've missed creepy horror in a great location like the first two Resi and first two Silent Hill games. I should probably pick up Resi 7 as well.

Oct 28, 2017
Do not like that a bunch of pre order bonus weapons are sitting in my item box. Taints the playthrough. I'm gonna pretend they don't exist and never touch them.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the newegg code gets sent to your email? About to buy the deluxe now if it does.

edit: They do within an hour

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
No steam guard. Had it predownloaded. Now its unpacking. About 70% complete.

Sweet, that's what I'm gonna do when I reach home from class in about an hour. Thanks !

Start Steam, disable steam guard, shut it off, install tunnel bear and run it. Run steam again and try and unlock the game. I know it sounds like a lot of effort for just a 3 hour wait, but I wanna get a few hours in before sleeping tonight.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, that's what I'm gonna do when I reach home from class in about an hour. Thanks !

Start Steam, disable steam guard, shut it off, install tunnel bear and run it. Run steam again and try and unlock the game. I know it sounds like a lot of effort for just a 3 hour wait, but I wanna get a few hours in before sleeping tonight.
For the record, I'm using SoftEther VPN. Use it all the time for things like this.

Mine is done, ready to play. See you all Monday.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
I take my horror way too seriously and strictly play/watch when it's dark(or raining). The later in the night the better. It took me way too long to get through The Evil Within because I never wanted to play it before midnight. Glad the length here is close to the original, those 2:00am sessions will be everything.

Brofist! I don't know how people can play these games any other way.

Also just to check, there is no deluxe physical edition in Australia right? What a bummer

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Streamed this today on PS4. Cleared Leon A in just under 7 hours playing at a leisurely pace and exploring. Hadn't played the PS1 version for about 10 years so it felt pretty fresh and I was surprised by how much content was added or remixed.

Positives -
- Visuals were amazing and some of the best graphics I've experienced in parts.
- Voice acting, ambience and music were on point too.
- Areas were re-imagined and re-designed thoughtfully. The game still felt faithful while being modernized.
- Ada is still seductive, cheeky, badass and all around awesome
- The tyrant is terrifying and relentless
- Puzzles were well throughout and just about the right level for me difficulty wise (neither too easy or too hard)
- The way everything connected and all the shortcuts you can unlock gave the game that cool metrovania vibe.

Negatives
- Some new additions were a bit lackluster
- Final few boss encounters were a little frustrating
- Baffling design choices (cutting spiders, moth)

Overall these negatives don't really detract from the experience. It is already one of my favorite RE games, and I say that as someone who has beaten every Resi game outside of the crappy multiplayer one. I'd probably place it just behind RE-HD and the original RE2 (though that may be nostalgia) and just ahead of RE7. Need to jump into Claires campaign to see if that adds much outside of a few new areas and an extended ending. It may push the game to 2nd place on the list if so. But yeah - can't recommend it enough really.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
sorry if this has been asked already, but how long of a game is expected on a first playthrough with Claire?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I can't seem to get some deep black without fucking the rest of the game on my OLED, tried both on PC and Ps4, guess the game is purposefuly like that? Don't have this problem with other games

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I give up, i tried 3 different VPN clients and none of them works. I'm pretty sure Steam has a regional block for the game here in South America/Brazil :/

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Yikes, guess there are going to be some unmarked spoilers ITT before official release in all areas. Fuck.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
VPN stuff:

The [PC version] has unlocked everywhere but the Americas. To unlock it early:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server outside America
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

Oct 28, 2017
Are we quite sure Capcom didn't mislabel these music options? The options are not Remake ir Original. The true options are clearly music on or music off.

Seriously this is literally silence.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed by the fact ink ribbons are locked to hardcore mode (I'd take ink ribbons without the difficulty spike to everything else) and that the journey to the police station is so short. No trip to Kendo's gun shop, seriously? Really hoping that's still in the game somewhere.

Other than that, I'm blown away. They've nailed the atmosphere. I'm coming into this fresh off a weeks worth of REmake play throughs (finished my Chris save 3 minutes before RE2 unlocked) and the atmosphere and tone rolls right through despite the perspective change.

I'm looking forward to this section so much. Love that tension.

Me too. How people are describing this is always how Mr X and Nemesis felt anyway.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Damn, I liked casual Leon in the beginning. Those sneakers were on point.

Anyway, this game is incredible. GOTY material for sure.