• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Aslong as I get a few minutes to explore unhindered (aside from zombies ofcourse) I'm ok with it. I really hate when games turn into just a constant hide and seek with no respite and no way to fight back like some have done since amnesia.
As I mentioned previously the station is brilliantly designed, so you don't have to enter panic/ hide and seek mode until you've actually explored 90% of the station.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Horseshit. Absolute horseshit. WHY THE FUCK ARE INK RIBBONS LOCKED BEHIND THIS MODE?!
What does a licker swipe do, kill you in one hit? Horseshit. It's fine to have a super hard difficulty like that, but to have that be the only way to play with ink ribbons is utter garbage.

Yeah I really really wish they would put a middle difficulty and solve the Goldilocks dilemma this game and 7 seem to share.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Basically as soon as he shows up, the game turns into alien isolation. You need to complete your objectives whilst he's coming from you, you can hide, run, stun him using certain tools....but he's still gonna be around.

What makes this insanely intense is that you've probably left a bunch of zombies crawling around on the floor, and there's also a enemy type who's gonna kill you super fast if you make any noise....running tends to be noisy.
Not sure I like the sound of that, I always thought the Baker's in RE7 being this invincible enemy constantly stalking you wasn't really that scary but just frustrating. You're trying to explore and do puzzles but then they pop up and you have to do loops around the house all the time to shake them off before getting back to what you were originally trying to do.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like Europe is unlocking the game 5 hours earlier in Steam than US. Can any one in Europe confirm when the steam countdown timer says it'll be releasing + your time zone? If so I'll definitely be VPN to play after work.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I like the sound of that, I always thought the Baker's in RE7 being this invincible enemy constantly stalking you wasn't really that scary but just frustrating. You're trying to explore and do puzzles but then they pop up and you have to do loops around the house all the time to shake them off before getting back to what you were originally trying to do.

I dunno I thought they added a great layer of unpredictability and menace to the game that was lost once they no longer figure into the game. The devs knew not to overuse them too, and I never felt frustrated as they typically didn't bother you for very long at a time. Mr. X seems more constant, but the level design seems to facilitate a lot more options on your part to help mitigate and avoid him. You just need to be clever about it, and clever route planning is one of the best parts of the best of the classic RE games.

RE is one, if not the, most accessible horror games out there. I'm sure Capcom won't make it overly frustrating or difficult, at least on the standard difficulty.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Good lord that love action trailer was awful. The ending... ugh... they may as well have winked at the camera lol. Leon's actor looked gormless and Clair looked far too pretty to be the weirdo looking thing she is in the game. The outfits were great though.

Can't beat that origin G.A.R live action trailer ;) that was pure cheese and it knew it!

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Also I said ages back when I first heard of the difficulty options. They should have had easy, normal and hardcore, and they also should have had another option that essentially just said "do you want to use auto save (easy) or ink ribbons (hard). That way people could play whatever mode they wanted and still use ink ribbons. I don't even think auto save belongs in a game like this but oh well, kids these days can't beat shit without all the help in the world...

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Basically as soon as he shows up, the game turns into alien isolation. You need to complete your objectives whilst he's coming from you, you can hide, run, stun him using certain tools....but he's still gonna be around.

What makes this insanely intense is that you've probably left a bunch of zombies crawling around on the floor, and there's also a enemy type who's gonna kill you super fast if you make any noise....running tends to be noisy.

Welp, I'm going to shit my pants playing this.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Question for those who completed it regarding some unlockables.

How does it work?

Say that I complete Leon A with S-rank and get unlimited Ammo.
If I choose New Game (not 2nd Run) is it still unlocked for all Story-modes and difficulties? And always unlocked even if I go 2nd Run?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It would help if the steam page actually told you what the deluxe edition consisted of...

from PSN:

Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'
- Resident Evil 2 Special Theme

Play on 01/25/2019 12am Eastern Time

CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
-Leon Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Military'
-Claire Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
-Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
-'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
50472021_2080296252050617_2571734805192376320_n.jpg
bef01a42e98cf3349094bbe6de4c5536--tom-cruise-cards-against-humanity.jpg

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, game unlocks in the UK in about 9 hours. Is using a VPN to unlock the game early on steam still okay to do? JaseC

Sep 14, 2018
Hey can anyone help me out, is the music swap available right away for individual purchase? I don't want to buy the deluxe edition since I just want the soundtrack swap which im assuming is going to be 5.00, is it available to buy right away? thanks

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Hmm, game unlocks in the UK in about 9 hours. Is using a VPN to unlock the game early on steam still okay to do? JaseC

It's unlocking everywhere (edit: or maybe just "everywhere outside the Americas") at midnight GMT (the countdown timer is an hour off as "... in approximately less than an hour" follows "... in approximately 1 hour"), but, yeah, Valve couldn't care less if you're using a VPN for any reason that isn't cross-region purchasing.

Last edited:

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, clicking around to various countries using my VPN, 9 hours from now is the earliest time I am seeing for it to unlock. And yeah, Valve isn't going to punish people playing a game a few hours early. If they cared at all, they'd just do simultaneous releases.

It's unlocking everywhere at midnight GMT (the countdown timer is an hour off as "... in approximately less than an hour" follows "... in approximately 1 hour"), but yes.

Have they said it is simultaneous midnight GMT? 'Cause the steam page is definitely showing different release times. Saying 14 hours for US and 9 hours for UK currently.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Have they said it is simultaneous midnight GMT? 'Cause the steam page is definitely showing different release times. Saying 14 hours for US and 9 hours for UK currently.

Ah, good catch. That does make sense as GMT is five hours ahead of US ET, but Capcom has literally never done a rolling unlock on Steam before, so it may be a mistake.

Last edited:

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Is there any benefit to having an account on that site?

For most games, it's mostly a way to track play stats across multiple games. There are tangible benefits for the Revelations games specifically--you can unlock gear for Raid mode and participate in challenges. RE6 also does unlockable costumes for challenges.

Someone with the game might be able to say whether there are unlocks for RE2. There are weekly challenges, but I think they are for points only. My guess is that we might see rewards/unlocks for Ghost Survivors, but who knows?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Never played the original RE2 so I am pumped for this, being a big fan of the franchise as a whole. Which is the recommended route through the game?