• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I replay the original, something is brought to my attention in Claire's A route. What is with the creep at the gun shop?

"Oh sorry babe."

"I ain't got no clue darling."

You don't talk to girls you just met like that dude. I wonder if they'll keep that dialogue here.

Just because games/films/books contain shitty people as characters it doesn't mean that those views are being endorsed.

Sep 14, 2018

As I suspected, thanks cute dog

giphy.gif

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
CDkeys is sending out keys, check your emails.

BTW, is this a WW release or can we early unlock by using a new zealand / australian VPN?

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably say it every thread page till launch but if you have an affinity for the original you've got to get the OST swap. It's a shame that it's not just an unlockable but it's just brilliant. Every playthrough Since my A/B run has had it on!

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Every time I replay the original, something is brought to my attention in Claire's A route. What is with the creep at the gun shop?

"Oh sorry babe."

"I ain't got no clue darling."

You don't talk to girls you just met like that dude. I wonder if they'll keep that dialogue here.
Probably one of the most accurate parts of the original game.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IT'S HAPPENING IT'S HAPPENING IT'S HAPPENING IT'S HAPPENING IT'S HAPPENING

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!!

Less than 48 hours until Game of the Generation (!!!)

res2_wedoit.jpg

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The launch trailer doesn't have spoilers btw. It's a bunch of scenes strung together with no context and dialogue played over them, just like every trailer. I'm always confused when Era claims that a trailer spoils an entire movie or game.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The launch trailer doesn't have spoilers btw. It's a bunch of scenes strung together with no context and dialogue played over them, just like every trailer. I'm always confused when Era claims that a trailer spoils an entire movie or game.

Also this is a remake of a game that came out twenty years ago so like the big story beats are already out there.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw RE2 SKU and price tag in a empty slot at Walmart today and I'm putting it in my headcanon that it was sold early and everyone else got to them first. At least my local GameStop has a 9pm release tomorrow even though I'm in CST.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also this is a remake of a game that came out twenty years ago so like the big story beats are already out there.

A lot of people are new to it though. It's one thing if we're talking about something like Star Wars that is often in the public eye. Last version of RE2 was probably the PSP digital release around 2005-6.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Just got my CDKEYS email. Game is currently preloading. UGHHHHH this wait is going to suck pretty hard.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so which game will end up being the better game, Resident Evil 7 or this new RE2 remake?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Only played RE4. Loved RE4. Do people consider RE2 to be better, especially now that it's remastered?

Also, I have not played RE7 though I know it is also well received (figured Id try it in VR sometime in my life, but by then Im sure other games will be out for VR that are better).

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people are new to it though. It's one thing if we're talking about something like Star Wars that is often in the public eye. Last version of RE2 was probably the PSP digital release around 2005-6.

I'd say even those new to it can safely watch the trailers. I'm currently replaying the original and even I barely know what's happening in the launch trailer. It does a pretty good job of hiding the monster designs.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
Super hyped to play this game for the first time. I got into RE games with 5.

I haven't seen any reviews yet; Any info on which version runs the game better between PS4 Pro and Xbone X? Don't want to purchase until I know which console would play it best.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Only played RE4. Loved RE4. Do people consider RE2 to be better, especially now that it's remastered?

Also, I have not played RE7 though I know it is also well received (figured Id try it in VR sometime in my life, but by then Im sure other games will be out for VR that are better).

Depends on what you're after.

They are incredibly unlike eachother.

RE4 is a masterclass in encounters and action design.
RE2 is more tense, slowpaced, and tight. With focus on horror and making you feel very weak.

Do not expect to just headshot enemies and fuck them up. Cause they won't be going down properly.
In other words, RE4 is an action-game with horror influencing it. RE2 is survival horror.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so which game will end up being the better game, Resident Evil 7 or this new RE2 remake?

Imho: It won't be easy for re2. The design and level variety is excellent in RE7.
7 portraits many horror tropes across its play time, from Texas chainsaw massacre, over horror house, a saw like scenario and an action fear like scenario. It's multiple horror games in one. An excellent experience and a modern masterpiece.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
7 felt fresher but also felt like it went to heavily into gorn, while 2 is still really gorey, it seems like brought back some of the campiness that I find more appealing.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Replaying the remake of 1 now. Very excited. I bought re2 at release when the it came out. I was in second year university. Great memories.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I have my work holiday party on Friday night so I won't be able to play on Friday :( Will be following the thread to hear reactions, especially from first time players. This game is a gem. Played it every year on Halloween after it first came out with friends. So many good memories with this title.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Imho: It won't be easy for re2. The design and level variety is excellent in RE7.
7 portraits many horror tropes across its play time, from Texas chainsaw massacre, over horror house, a saw like scenario and an action fear like scenario. It's multiple horror games in one. An excellent experience and a modern masterpiece.

RE7 was an excellent RE game...I hope it doesn't get forgotten among all the praise for this RE2 remake

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 was an excellent RE game...I hope it doesn't get forgotten among all the praise for this RE2 remake

I don't think there's any chance of that.

The beauty of this series is that it's got multiple games that are so good. Us RE fans are spoilt. I'd entertain "GOAT" conversations for no less than 4 RE games (1, 2, 4 & 7). Even the worst two games have their fans (0 & 6). RE2 is taking the spotlight now and rightly so, but the quality of the better ones never diminishes.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, what if I wanted to try RE2 original before this? Worth it? And then compare the two?

Or is the game (this remake) the one to jump on first?

I originally thought RE2 received the RE-Make treatment over the years like the first one, during the RE:0 days (Dreamcast/Gamecube/etc)....

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, what if I wanted to try RE2 original before this? Worth it? And then compare the two?

I originally thought RE2 received the RE-Make treatment over the years like the first one, during the RE:0 days (Dreamcast/Gamecube/etc)....

Jump on the original first while there's still some time. It's super short, and you'll see the similarities and differences when you play the remake. There's changes in both map designs, enemies, and I believe some minor story stuff so it'll feel like a new experience.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017

RE2 is one of the best games ever but lbr tank controls are just outdated. if you still enjoy it then go ahead and play it, but tbh this one is already getting rave reviews so I would start with this one