• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
If my PC is slightly better than the recommended specs should I go for that or PS4? Is there a clear winner here?

I see there are hiccups even on a 1080ti. I probably wouldn't play on high settings with my R9 Fury and I only need to compare to a regular PS4..

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to revisit previous games in the series to freshen up on RE2, and man, I cannot believe how many games in the series are set in Raccoon City. It's like half of the franchise, in one place. It's cool that there's so many different perspectives players can experience the outbreak from, but dang, man. Off the top of my head, you've got RE2, RE3, Outbreak File #1, Outbreak File #2, Operation: Raccoon City, Umbrella Chronicles and probably at least one or two more.
If my PC is slightly better than the recommended specs should I go for that or PS4? Is there a clear winner here?

I see there are hiccups even on a 1080ti. I probably wouldn't play on high settings with my R9 Fury and I only need to compare to a regular PS4..
I played through the demo on my 1080 Ti and had zero problems keeping the game running on high settings around 90-100FPS. I've got a VRR monitor, so on occasion the game would jump up to 120, too. Try updating your drivers, if you're having technical issues with an R9 Fury.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
What was the point behind Capcom denying the A/B scenario for each character? It's not even that big of a deal.

Could be misdirection or simply they didn't think they could get it done at the time. I thought people would take it like a pleasant surprise but it seems as though people are reacting angrily instead.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide whether to grab that deluxe version or just the regular one on PSN. I usually don't go crazy over stuff like costumes but that classic soundtrack option could be cool.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that leaked trophy list was confirmed. This is my jam. Not using item boxes and 14k steps are going to be interesting.

Off the top of my head, you've got RE2, RE3, Outbreak File #1, Outbreak File #2, Operation: Raccoon City, Umbrella Chronicles and probably at least one or two more.
Man, I remember back when the first game released, my friends and I were super excited by the possibility of a sequel taking place in Raccoon City.
To be fair though, most of these games are spin-offs and retellings. I tend to consider (very arbitrarily) the main body of RE as the numbered games, CV, and Revelations 1+2, and in that context, you don't see RC that often (for obvious story reasons).

What was the point behind Capcom denying the A/B scenario for each character? It's not even that big of a deal.
If anything, that was unnecessarily confusing.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
It's the only RE game that I didn't play as soon as the game came out. I only played the game many years after and still thought RE3 was a better game.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have never played a Resident Evil game. Would it make any sense to start with this one? I was initially thinking about starting once the Switch ports start coming, but this looks really good.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing OT.

Also, shit, I didn't realize Normal mode had autosave and that ink ribbons were only necessary for Hardcore mode. Now I have to decide...
It's RE7-style balancing. I'd recommend going for Standard on your first run through the game's A>B routes, and then Hardcore the second time around.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played a Resident Evil game. Would it make any sense to start with this one? I was initially thinking about starting once the Switch ports start coming, but this looks really good.

There's no reason not to jump on in. Resident Evil 2 was a lot of people's first Resident Evil game back in the day (mine included~).

Last edited:

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Capcom are back.

Can't wait to see how they handle REmake 3.

SlimCharles

Oct 30, 2017
I stopped at my local GameStop and Best Buy today:

GameStop - they are selling the game 9pm Thursday

Best Buy - have not yet heard if they can also sell 9pm Thursday but Manager told me to check back Thursday afternoon as they sometimes find out about 9pm releases on launch day

I'd prefer to buy it at BB because I can get it for $48

What have you guys heard? Is the BB and GS or any other retailer in your area selling Thursday night at 9pm? (apologies if this has already been answered)

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Its a good point to start really.

While REmake will be on Switch and its fantastic (you should play it down the road), RE 2 is a game in its own right. It directly introduces you to Raccoon City, some prominent cast members like Leon, Claire, Ada and Sherry and shows the effects if the T and G virus.

The original is one of best titles in the series. You can't go wrong.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
So uh in or out?
gfs_45372_2_153_mid.jpg

Dec 7, 2018
Does anyone know if Theres gonna be a day 1 patch?

I live in Rome and im pretty sure i can find an early copy if i look for it, but just wondering if theres a significant day 1 patch, and in that case i would just wait for friday.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Okay, since I love characterization in RE (while most people care for gameplay more), I thought I'd just go ahead and state my final judgement of the Leon/Ada dynamic in the remake without spoiling:

This really does feel more like an origin story to the Leon/Ada we see in RE4, Damnation and RE6. Original RE2 made it seem like Leon forgives her immediately and is in total oblivion to her shady tactics (which isn't the case in later entries), and it made it seem like Ada succumbs to failure and surrenders her mission too easily (which again, isn't the case in later entries). This time around it feels correct to their characters individually and their relationship as well. They clearly carry feelings for each other, but there's enough tension in the air to prevent either of them from explicitly showing vulnerability for one another.

Capcom handled those characters really well; and I'm very happy with how the actors Jolene and Nick portrayed Ada and Leon, respectively.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, since I love characterization in RE (while most people care for gameplay more), I thought I'd just go ahead and state my final judgement of the Leon/Ada dynamic in the remake without spoiling:

This really does feel more like an origin story to the Leon/Ada we see in RE4, Damnation and RE6. Original RE2 made it seem like Leon forgives her immediately and is in total oblivion to her shady tactics (which isn't the case in later entries), and it made it seem like Ada succumbs to failure and surrenders her mission too easily (which again, isn't the case in later entries). This time around it feels correct to their characters individually and their relationship as well. They clearly carry feelings for each other, but there's enough tension in the air to prevent either of them from explicitly showing vulnerability for one another.

Capcom handled those characters really well; and I'm very happy with how the actors Jolene and Nick portrayed Ada and Leon, respectively.
So its not like OG RE2 where Leon goes "Ada would never do that! I know her!", even though he only knew her for about 2 hours?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Could you explain it a lil bit more?
Do I need to finish New Game with Leon and Claire to get full story and then B Secnario also with Leon and Claire to get the full story. Or is it : New Game with Leon and then B Scenario with Claire?

The latter. Completing the game with the first character unlocks new game 2nd for the other character to complete their side of the story

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't going to pre-order, but since I hate Claire's revolver, I might just do a last minute bite just so I can have her use Samurai Edge.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
while true. the thing that really kills normal mode is the autosave. That should only be in easy mode. In normal you should at least have to manual save, because first time through you won't know what's coming, but if you have autosave you don't need to worry about whats coming

FWIW, when you die you have the option to 'Continue' (from autosave), manually load from any of your previous manual save, or quit to main menu.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh that sounds so lame. Why can't we get ink ribbon saves on normal? Going for no save runs was fun as hell in REmake1. Now it sounds like you're not even expected to go for a no save run seeing as hardcore is so brutal. Is there a trophy for it?
Yeah this is really disappointing, they should have made and hard mode with the only difference being no auto save and then a very hard mode or something for subsequent runs, i wanted to start on Hardcore but it seems like it's RE7 all over again where Madhouse was clearly designed for your 2nd playthrough.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

That's good stuff, thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of bummed about the reported length and similarities between the A/B scenarios. Still very excited, but I kind of let tgtbt expectations get the best of me.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah gotcha so new game is the same route whichever character you choose. So even if you choose Claire first go round you encounter Ada? (Assuming Ada is A scenario)?
No. You still have the regular character specific stuff on the first run. The second run adds stuff that you won't see on the first run like an expanded opening and what not.

Nov 18, 2017
No. You still have the regular character specific stuff on the first run. The second run adds stuff that you won't see on the first run like an expanded opening and what not.

It's probably self-explanatory when you're playing, but it was crystal clear in the 98 version how the scenarios worked. The way it's described here is confusing af.