• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Donburi89

Oct 31, 2017
bought the game yesterday its so cheap in my country only 32 dollars on steam and 22 dollars on GMG. So excited!

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil is my all time favorite franchise and RE2 is my favorite game in the series.

I'm so hyped for this it is ridiculous. It's all I can think about! I played REmake to get back into the mood but it didn't satiate my RE needs. I need this, like yesterday.

Same. Apart from the bit about REmake. I've fallen back into that game hard. An absolute masterpiece. With that game I go through it, sit at the title screen for 5 minutes deciding what type of run I want to do next, then go through it again. And again.

I'm just glad these 2 games are having their day again. I like RE4 plenty but man.. it's never held a candle to the first 2 games for me. I've desperately wanted RE2 remade from the moment I saw the first screenshot of REmake. This has been such a long time coming.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Yuuup

its on boys

NPMNK7B.png

Thanks at least I know how much GB's to delete to make space for it now.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's what I'm doing lol. Currently in Leon B. There were so many moments in my Claire A run that made me think "goddamn this is gonna be so cool in the REmake."
Birkin and all his forms, for example, is gonna be insane.
I haven't even started 2 yet, the original is so outdated honestly struggling to get through it. I'm just thinking of just playing through remake instead, and then OG 2, then remake 2 lol

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So for those who played it/reviewed it, without any spoilers,
what's the best scenario in the Remake ? LeonA/ClaireB or ClaireA/LeonB ?

Nov 18, 2017
So are there actually 4 playthroughs which play out slightly differently. Eg. In the original Chief Irons had two different death scenes depending on which run you did with Claire.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I've finally decided what order to play the game in now at launch.

01. Leon A Normal Everything Standard Difficulty Blind Run
02. Claire B Normal Everything Standard Difficulty Blind Run
03. Claire A Hardcore Switched OST Eliza Costume Run
04. Leon B Hardcore Switched OST Noir Costume Run
05. Fourth Survivor
06. Tofu Survivor

I might switch up the order if there's some must-get unlockable for beating Tofu's mode, but that seems to be my plan for now.

I'll likely play it like this:

01: Claire A Normal Difficulty
02: Leon B Normal Difficulty
03: Leon A Normal Difficulty (likely with the Noire costume) trying to get unlocks for bonus weapons etc.
04: Claire B Normal Difficulty (Elza Walker costume) trying to get unlocks for bonus weapons etc.
05: Then it's either doing both hardcore modes or some trophy hunting / challenge runs like without saving, no healing etc. It depends on if you can take bonus weapons into hardcore mode like you could in RE7. Sounds like I need all the fire power I need for it, so hardcore mode might be last. And after all of that I will play the 4th Survivor. Or squeeze it in-between. Yeah, I'll likely keep playing this game for some time. I plan to achieve 100% again.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So a few quick questions as I've gone into this so blind that I only just found out it's an over the shoulder game.

1. PS4 Pro version, any issues? Any reports of having to like turn off HDR like in RDR2? I'm on a 4K display.

2. I have literally only played RE Code Veronica and RE4. None of the others. I like the setting but don't care much for the conspiracy story. Is this standalonish enough for that? I never played the original either.

3. Is it RE4 style methodical action survival horror or guns blazing?

EDIT- 4: Is there a reccomended way to play the game. I know there are multiple characters, I've heard you do lots of runs with them as if you play as one the other changes? I'm not so sure on this aspect though.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
as a person who's never played the original I have a newb question...I know there are 2 playable characters and after you finish your first run you get to start a 2nd run as the other character with different enemies, characters and weapons...but after you finish your 2nd run you get another 2nd run as your initial character...is the 2nd run of your initial character going to be different in any way?...hope that makes sense

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
as a person who's never played the original I have a newb question...I know there are 2 playable characters and after you finish your first run you get to start a 2nd run as the other character with different enemies, characters and weapons...but after you finish your 2nd run you get another 2nd run as your initial character...is the 2nd run of your initial character going to be different in any way?...hope that makes sense

To get a character's B side, you need to finish the other character's A side first.

For example, you beat Clarie A, you will get Leon B.
To get Claire B you need to beat Leon A first.

Leon A -> Claire B
Claire A -> Leon B

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To get a character's B side, you need to finish the other character's A side first.

For example, you beat Clarie A, you will get Leon B.
To get Claire B you need to beat Leon A first.

Leon A -> Claire B
Claire A -> Leon B

so A and B even for the same character present different endings, branches, characters, enemies etc?...so there are 4 separate storylines in the game?...but to get the 'true' ending you only need to complete 2 (for example Claire A and Leon B)?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Is the Deluxe version still available to pre-order anywhere? I didn't have the funds until now and it's suddenly sold out everywhere. Or do you think some retailers will get extras on release?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Torn between starting on Hard or Normal now because of the things I've heard. I love a nice challenge, but the things I've heard with how 1 zombie blow can get you in red makes it seem like it's for a 2nd play through. Perhaps the Special Editions weapons will give me a hand. I've survived TEW on hard, but this seems crazier.

Most important decision I have to make all week lol.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo on pc. I didnt notice the option, but is there a gyro feature for precise aiming? Playing warframe on the switch has made it like second nature for me and I legit miss it.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So are there actually 4 playthroughs which play out slightly differently. Eg. In the original Chief Irons had two different death scenes depending on which run you did with Claire.

No. I talked about this earlier in the thread and everywhere else. There's no more alternative storylines. There's just one streamlined approach and you play it from two dkfferent sides.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Does anyone know how much of a persistent presence MR. X is? If there is always a chance he will burst in a fuck you up, I think the exploration and flow of the game would really be impacted negatively (for me).

Oct 27, 2017
Torn between starting on Hard or Normal now because of the things I've heard. I love a nice challenge, but the things I've heard with how 1 zombie blow can get you in red makes it seem like it's for a 2nd play through. Perhaps the Special Editions weapons will give me a hand. I've survived TEW on hard, but this seems crazier.

Damn that sounds Hardcore...

Lickers are going to be a huge pain if it's true

SourKiwi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2018

Same as me. I want a good challenge, but it's mainly for the limited save mode. I wish there was a middle ground. 100 to 20% health sounds bullshit

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait! One of my most hyped games this year.
Capcom is back! Has the preload began for anyone else in the US for PS4?

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
So quick question, I might have misread or not noticed it but did the Fixed camera angle stuff turn out to be bogus information?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if using bonus weapons will lower your rank? I don't think the preorder handguns are that special, but I do recall bonus weapons affecting ranking in previous games.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ugh that sounds so lame. Why can't we get ink ribbon saves on normal? Going for no save runs was fun as hell in REmake1. Now it sounds like you're not even expected to go for a no save run seeing as hardcore is so brutal. Is there a trophy for it?

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh that sounds so lame. Why can't we get ink ribbon saves on normal? Going for no save runs was fun as hell in REmake1. Now it sounds like you're not even expected to go for a no save run seeing as hardcore is so brutal. Is there a trophy for it?
Sucks so much. There's a real benefit to limited saves and the way that impacts the design and player behaviour with the tension that comes from it. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be able to have the benefit of that design but with a reasonable difficulty level. RE7 had the exact same problem and I'm honestly stunned they haven't learned from it.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks so much. There's a real benefit to limited saves and the way that impacts the design and player behaviour with the tension that comes from it. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be able to have the benefit of that design but with a reasonable difficulty level. RE7 had the exact same problem and I'm honestly stunned they haven't learned from it.

Having just played RE2 again today, the game floods you with ink ribbons, and there's always one at each typewriter just in case. 5 hours at a rather leisurely pace with nearly 30 ink ribbons to go through isn't all that limited. While they could have tightened that up considerably for a normal mode this go around, what was there before was more than forgiving that unlimited saves don't undermine the design of RE2.