• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
What'd I miss, why is OP banned? bruceleeroy has always been a good poster, had he not?

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Can't agree. I love what the RE Engine has given to the franchise. RE7 and RE2 both look incredible.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
SSnx4Dg.jpg

Perfect.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Don't need to feel bad for him . One can have their own opinion , but to invalidate others and being aggressive without confirming his/her claim is ban justified .

Also , for PC , FXAA caused blurriness while FXAA+TAA or TAA induced shimmerings . The best balance for me on 1440p is to set AA off and 150% resolution scale .

I suppose so. It's just, I generally dislike seeing people being ban hammered. On the other hand... Just take a look at this:

WRoirWS.gif

How can someone say anything bad about this game engine? No matter what the game.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Let's just say...it's a very questionable ban IMO.

Yeah just saw... mods, can we request a review of that ban? I really didn't get any sense he was trolling, and then he later completely cops to having fucked up the settings.

He's also in no way a "known troll" - he goes way back in the history of the old site... he created the god-tier MGS4 thread!

To be honest, I actually did have some issues with the gamma in this game too, it can make a huge difference... not sufficient to call the game ugly at all, but a big difference for sure.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Yeah just saw... mods, can we request a review of that ban? I really didn't get any sense he was trolling, and then he later completely cops to having fucked up the settings.
I don't see how you can see his post about "if you think this game looks good, did your mom let you drink fluoride as a child" and not see his clear-as-day trolling, if not straight-up flaming other users. Whether he was wrong or not is irrelevant, his attitude was shitty. In fact, him being the one at fault with his incredible defiance and talking shit about other users makes it worse.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how you can see his post about "if you think this game looks good, did your mom let you drink fluoride as a child" and not see his clear-as-day trolling, if not straight-up flaming other users. Whether he was wrong or not is irrelevant, his attitude was shitty. In fact, him being the one at fault with his incredible defiance and talking shit about other users makes it worse.

I just reviewed his posts... you should do the same. There is one post - the one you indicate - where he is on the offensive side, but the rest of them are like super benign, and the majority later in the thread are him taking people's advice and then admitting to fucking up and updating the OP.

I dunno... I don't know him and have never interacted with him, I just know he's been a long time member here and at the old site and always seemed like a good contributor to me.

A good lesson though: drunken posting is always unwise.

Jeeesus fucking chriiiiiist, Sunhi - your finest work!!

Last edited:

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I just reviewed his posts... you should do the same. There is one post - the one you indicate - where he is on the offensive side, but the rest of them are like super benign, and the majority later in the thread are him taking people's advice and then admitting to fucking up and updating the OP.
Yeah, it is quite the shame, I don't think it's proportional to his mistake.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
One of the best looking games in this gen.
Close thread please.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to play it on my PS4 pro until those hideous reflections in the main hall of the RPD are fixed. Everything else looks fantastic, especially for a 60 fps game.
Motion blur is also pretty bad. It has a windows 95 mouse pionter trail look to it. I say this as a person who generally does like motion blur. In fact, I never played a game with motion blur that I didn't like until REmake2.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, you're overreacting here. This is quite tame compared to many troll threads I've seen. You act like he was ripping everyone that responded to him, which was absolutely not the case.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Motion blur is also pretty bad. It has a windows 95 mouse pionter trail look to it. I say this as a person who generally does like motion blur. In fact, I never played a game with motion blur that I didn't like until REmake2.

I guess, but for me everything is minor nitpicking compared to the reflections. Like holy fuck they look soooo bad. I'm binging the PC version now, playing AB, BA, replays, DLC, etc and then dropping it completely until the PS5 launches. Hopefully the rumors about it being BC are true, and if so hopefully RE2make will look better on PS5.

Last edited:

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is what were banning people for now? Bruce is a good dude who made a bad thread, jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.