• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mk2007

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The demo does not run smoothly on base ps4. this game only achieves 60 fps if you're looking at the floor on my base PS4. hovers around 40 most of the time.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Can you find the C4 in the 1-shot demo? I saw a video of someone using it, but I don't know if it was from a different demo or not.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Can you find the C4 in the 1-shot demo? I saw a video of someone using it, but I don't know if it was from a different demo or not.

You can find the C4 but you can't find the detonator.

There's a video from someone playing on PC where they've modded it to give themselves items that are still in the game code, but not actually accessible.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
You can find the C4 but you can't find the detonator.

There's a video from someone playing on PC where they've modded it to give themselves items that are still in the game code, but not actually accessible.

That's probably what I saw then...and yeah, I meant the detonator. I had forgotten the C4 was already on the wall.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I preordered the Deluxe version to get the costume and sound track DLC. That is something I never do. The demo did an excellent job selling me this game. Can't wait to play a Treeeple A title the day it comes out, just a real ResetEra poster.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
lol. 'NFL running back' is just a figure of speech.

And a completely unfitting one that has no bearing on what I was saying. Why would "nfl running back" be a figure of speach for "slowly and erratically moving zombies who speed up a little when close"?

Even as a figure of speech... what?

Giving zombies the ability to erratically lurch may make encounters more frustrating, instead of scary.

Disagree, they already do this... a little more would make encounters more tense and take more skill to land a headshot.

I've seen a lot of people play the demo, & these slow, dumb, zombies had people pretty nervous.

They were too easy to headshot, by far.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
that's because you haven't faced a zombie in real life.

..... Yet.

It's just pretty hard to actually break a well made knife, those a sturdy as f. Seems weird that they'll break fighting a zombie.

It doesn't bother me at all though, games gonna be games. Can't wait to slash those zombies with Noir Leon.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Booked next Friday off.. haven't booked time off work for a game since Mass Effect Andromeda.. man I hope this time turns out better than last time lol.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Didn't notice that, also there are many time you don't have to and it looks weird, like 0 realism to it.

It's contextual. If you run or walk at max speed towards the door, Leon/Claire will basically shoulder-charge and push the door open.

When you walk slowly towards the door, they will place their hand in front and gently push the door open.

I haven't checked but perhaps this isn't as noticeable on PC since WASD directional input is inherently digital and makes the character walk at full speed, unlike analog sticks where you can adjust the speed.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
He just arrived in the post! I think he's as ready for RE2R as I am.

SepcsPv.jpg

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
WBacon Are there any details you can share on the different difficulties for the game?

All I'll say is Hardcore mode is HARD! You're in for a surprise in a good way ;-)

That being said, I still recommend first playing on Normal difficulty and save the Hardcore run later, even for reasonably seasoned action gamer. Normal mode is plenty challenging IMO.

Even if you're an RE vet, there are enough changes to warrant Hardcore run on a subsequent play-through.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
All I'll say is Hardcore mode is HARD! You're in for a surprise in a good way ;-)

That being said, I still recommend first playing on Normal difficulty and save the Hardcore run later, even for reasonably seasoned action gamer. Normal mode is plenty challenging IMO.

Even if you're an RE vet, there are enough changes to warrant Hardcore run on a subsequent play-through.

The platinum for this game is going to be a lot of fun, I feel.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Given what you said about the amount of items in the demo, I'm guessing that gathering 60+ bullets in 15 minutes isn't exactly representative of the full game?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This sounds amazing. Hype level going through the roof!

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
So there's only normal and hardcore? :/ Hope it's not a bit too easy and bit too hard ala RE7. I'm glad hardcore sounds like it keeps the remixed encounters/items from madhouse though, which was a very cool touch.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait

This makes me very excited, i took a day off for this game.

Dec 9, 2017
And a completely unfitting one that has no bearing on what I was saying. Why would "nfl running back" be a figure of speach for "slowly and erratically moving zombies who speed up a little when close"?

Even as a figure of speech... what?
I compared 'slowly and erratically moving zombies who speed up a little when close' to NFL running backs, because classic zombies shouldn't do that.

The mobility the zombies have right now (based off the demo) are good because it still shows clumsiness & stupidity.
Giving them more mobility for the sake of difficulty seems inauthentic to what RE2 was.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018

So it's Easy, Normal and Hardcore? No Hard difficulty? I always play on Hard... Oh well, ill take your word on Normal mode.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I had zero interest in this before playing the demo, never played through a RE game before in my life, tried 4, tried 5 it never clicked with me, but for some reason the demo left me wanting more....I don't know if I should bite damn it....

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had zero interest in this before playing the demo, never played through a RE game before in my life, tried 4, tried 5 it never clicked with me, but for some reason the demo left me wanting more....I don't know if I should bite damn it....

You should also give RE 7 a chance btw. It's a completely different game then 4 and 5 (in a positive way).
I'd even say as much as: It's a modern horror master piece.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
WBacon Three questions:

1. Is it possible to use the noir costumes without having the game be in black and white?
2. Is Hardcore mode separate from the Hard difficulty, or are they the same?
3. Is it possible to play the game with limited saving through the use of ink ribbons on the first playthrough, or is this locked to subsequent playthroughs like in RE7?

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Just purchased on steam, so excited, looked nice on my 970, if I hit the lotto, I'll upgrade to a 2080 ti lol

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

Glad to hear that!
Damn, now I can`t wait to play the final release!

WBacon Three questions:

[…]
3. Is it possible to play the game with limited saving through the use of ink ribbons on the first playthrough, or is this locked to subsequent playthroughs like in RE7?[…]
I´d like to know this. too.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
It's contextual. If you run or walk at max speed towards the door, Leon/Claire will basically shoulder-charge and push the door open.

When you walk slowly towards the door, they will place their hand in front and gently push the door open.

I haven't checked but perhaps this isn't as noticeable on PC since WASD directional input is inherently digital and makes the character walk at full speed, unlike analog sticks where you can adjust the speed.

Can you comment on the age of the build in the demo? Will the softness of the X version be changed in the final version?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I compared 'slowly and erratically moving zombies who speed up a little when close' to NFL running backs, because classic zombies shouldn't do that.

1. Zombies already do that! Literally. In all mainline RE games. This is classic zombie behaviour. What are you even talking about?

I'm saying it should be developed more to make encounters more interesting instead of just making headshots cost more.

2. Your comparison was absurd. NFL players have no behaviour like the quote you just compared them to.

You used that because you thought I meant "fast" and "run" because you didn't read my post properly. And I know you meant "fast" and "run" because, after your silly NFL analogy you said, and I quote:

"I personally find it scary not knowing if a Zombie is dead or not, vs Zombies being able to run or dodge bullets."

So what are you even doing at this point...

The mobility the zombies have right now (based off the demo) are good because it still shows clumsiness & stupidity.
Giving them more mobility for the sake of difficulty seems inauthentic to what RE2 was.

Your logic doesn't follow, at all.

The zombies already move this way. Making them more varied in their animations so landing shots becomes trickier would be a better way to make them hard to kill than increase headshot cost imo.

Last edited:

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
so there's going to be scenario A and B, but can we use Leon and Claire on different ones like the original?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
WBacon Small request, would it be possible for you to get your hands on a 4K image of the R.P.D for use as a wallpaper? I've only been able to find this one which is low quality with bad blacks.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
WBacon Three questions:

1. Is it possible to use the noir costumes without having the game be in black and white?
3. Is it possible to play the game with limited saving through the use of ink ribbons on the first playthrough, or is this locked to subsequent playthroughs like in RE7?

1. Sorry, no idea as I haven't tried it.

2. Hard/Hardcore is one and same.

3. We mentioned it in one of our streams, but similar to RE7's Madhouse difficulty, ink ribbon save feature is for hard mode only. There are many other differences in hard mode, but I will not spoil it here.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
You should also give RE 7 a chance btw. It's a completely different game then 4 and 5 (in a positive way).
I'd even say as much as: It's a modern horror master piece.

Say it proudly my man, because it is! RE7 is fantastic!

Also hoping we get an answer on whether ink ribbons/limited saves can be utilized on the first playthrough and doesn't have to be unlocked.

Edit: And just answered after I wrote this lol. Thanks WBacon!

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Yeah, since there are differences between normal and hard, I'll play through the game twice on normal first then switch to hard on 2nd playthroughs with the classic OST