• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad the no HUD option is actually a complete NO HUD at all, even the helper markers go off for a really clean hudless gameplay. Most of these other AAA titles being afraid to turn off destination & contextual button markers was annoying the shit out of me.
I tried this on my Xbox run today and simply couldn't do it. No crosshairs is a deal breaker rendering combat unbearable. Also, some interactive elements require you to hold a button down, which is not really something that is easily expressed to the player.

What I'd rather have is the option to disable all the map icons that display where every item and interactive element resides.

That said, if there was a detailed options list where I could disable everything except the crosshairs and pop-up contextual clues (but only when within interaction distance).

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing RE 1 Remake for the first time now myself. I'd recommend going with the original tank controls over the analog controls if you can acclimate.
I really liked the Type-C control option (not actually sure if it's in the newer ports). I just think it feels better with an analog stick that way and still be able to do "tank controls' and how I preferred to play it back on Gamecube. REmake was my favorite game in the series. Will have to see how that feeling holds up after I play this full game.

Not sure if it's been mentioned (it probably has, it's a large thread), but I liked these light shafts peeking through the bullet holes in this door. I don't know if it's "realistic" or whatnot, but I know I liked it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting proposition. I'm usually all for that level of control over the character regarding holstering weapons in third party games, but for a zombie outbreak in a horror game, it seems unwise!

Also, I think it's Control Type C that puts Run on R1, which feels like the best solution to me by far, especially when using the Hold setting.

Why can't holding A be "run" ? Or better, why can't holding B be the run ??

As for holstering, don't get me wrong, I would have the gun out most time. But when I'm doing a puzzle, just walking around casually, about to read documents etc.. I feel like adding a holster would literally be of no cost to them since they have all the animations done (you can holster manually by going into the menu which is so dumb... in RE7 it lets you holster without going into the menu).

Just a press of the Dpad and you get the gun out, so you're always ready. It would be as fast as going from gun to knife and vice versa !

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Because then you can't control the camera while you run?

Have you seen how Leon moves ?

This would literally never be a problem.

Also they mapped run to B on the alternate controls, proving this isn't the issue. "why don't you use that then lul" because they made quick turn R3 which is so terrible I can't even warp my brain around it.

You can make the run toggle or hold in the options, so it would effectively never be a problem.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
Does anyone know if there is going to be a way to get the uncensored version of the game on PC in Japan when its out?

I'm living in Japan at the moment, and although my Steam Store is still set to UK prices/pages the demo I downloaded was censored. Is it safe to assume that if i'm getting the censored version from the demo, that when/if I download the full game from Steam its still going to be the censored version?

If that will be the case, I wonder could someone end up modding all the gore into the censored PC version or is that out of the question? Personally i'm not interested in getting the game if I will be stuck with the censored version.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Are you supposed to actually be able to see anything from the upper floor of the main room of the police station? Because if so, I feel like I can't for the life of me get this thing to display properly on my monitor. I calibrated the in-game brightness the way the menus told me to, but I can only see well on the first floor. As soon as I get to the stairs, it's like I'm looking at Leon in a pitch-black room. I can't see shit.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hey guys

do you think the naked zombies in the lab will have their full genitals modeled so we can shoot their dicks off 21-Jump-Street-style ?

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Are you supposed to actually be able to see anything from the upper floor of the main room of the police station? Because if so, I feel like I can't for the life of me get this thing to display properly on my monitor. I calibrated the in-game brightness the way the menus told me to, but I can only see well on the first floor. As soon as I get to the stairs, it's like I'm looking at Leon in a pitch-black room. I can't see shit.
that's not right

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2019 is the year I'm going to cleanup my backlog - meaning no new games.

I'm determined to stick to this, and will commence to do so right after I play this game.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
That DF analysis makes the wait even harder. For some reason I didn't even consider that this demo is probably an old build.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
53IWina.gif

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DUDE. This demo was the first time I've played Resident Evil 2, and it's friggin' awesome. It feels like Resident Evil 4 with more of a focus on horror than action. The smaller scale environments and atmosphere reminds me a bit of Resident Evil 7 too.

I totally slept on this because I didn't like the Resident Evil 1 remake at all due to the camera angle and overall look (why couldn't it have been more like this??). I just assumed this would be like that one. Now I want this game!

How long is it? Overall comparisons to Resident Evil 4 and 7 (the two in the series I liked)?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DUDE. This demo was the first time I've played Resident Evil 2, and it's friggin' awesome. It feels like Resident Evil 4 with more of a focus on horror than action. The smaller scale environments and atmosphere reminds me a bit of Resident Evil 7 too.

I totally slept on this because I didn't like the Resident Evil 1 remake at all due to the camera angle and overall look (why couldn't it have been more like this??). I just assumed this would be like that one. Now I want this game!

How long is it? Overall comparisons to Resident Evil 4 and 7 (the two in the series I liked)?
Hard to say how long it will be. The OG RE2 is quite short (although there were a ton of unlockables and a couple side modes). Just based on the demo alne this seems liek ti will be longer than the original, and that's without going into the fact that they're adding at least one all new area.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
I love the demo,they way the zombies fall apart when shooting them,the only thing is it seems abit to brite even when i dont have the brightness to high on my 4k tv.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hard to say how long it will be. The OG RE2 is quite short (although there were a ton of unlockables and a couple side modes). Just based on the demo alne this seems liek ti will be longer than the original, and that's without going into the fact that they're adding at least one all new area.

Sounds good. Thanks for the response. I'm not really into puzzles...how focused is Resident Evil 2 on those?

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I hope it's around REmake's length for one campaign. (6-10 hours if it's your first playthrough...and around 3-5 hours if you know what to do but not actively speedrun.)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the demo, seemed solid. The inventory system seemed a bit confusing, but I'll probably get used to it. The super high black levels (at least on PC) are bothering me, though. Everything just looks grey. Is there a fix for that?

Also, do we know if the full game is going to have difficulty levels? I dunno, seems like a game I'd rather play on easy.

Chibichan

Dec 13, 2018
Loved the demo. Got to play it twice since I have 3 different accounts on my ps4. I thought the game was too dark on my first try but after a few changes to the brightness settings, it was really enjoyable. Can't wait for the full game to be released!! I'll probably play the demo one last time on my third account before the 25th...

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Finished the demo and I liked it. Good fit for 3rd person. But damn did it make me realize just how much I have been spoiled by RE7 in VR. Not only that, Capcom has made me almost numb after soldiering through their VR game. This will be a cakewalk in terms of horror.

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
Tried the demo, seemed solid. The inventory system seemed a bit confusing, but I'll probably get used to it. The super high black levels (at least on PC) are bothering me, though. Everything just looks grey. Is there a fix for that?

Also, do we know if the full game is going to have difficulty levels? I dunno, seems like a game I'd rather play on easy.

Really worried about this black level thing, if it's an issue on PS4 Pro as well I might pick up the PC version instead and try and muck with the system settings to correct it. How are these games not mastered to zero black?!?

May 26, 2018
i was 14 when the original game released, me and a good friend were both playing it at the same time back then and we both agreed that it is more entertaining than scary. but we were the kind of kids that traded uncensored horror movies through magazines, so maybe i am not the best to ask about scare factor .-)

at best these games have an unsettling atmosphere but the dialogue and characters are very cringey so it never gets to true scariness in those games, i just has this distinct trash movie flair.

back in the days i thought Silent Hill is much more creepy than Resident Evil.
Fair enough, I was the kind of kid who wouldn't be able to sleep for the next week if I ever watched a horror movie...
But I agree with you! The unsettling atmosphere is there, and the hilariously bad voice acting is unparalleled. I like to go back to it just to enjoy the amazing dialogue.
Played through Silent Hill last summer and I was blown away! The feeling of constant dread was almost too much, though. To the point where if I heard any loud noises or someone walked in I would freak out.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

why though? playing RE on easy is not really recommended, takes all the steam out of the game. at its core, these are survival titles with inventory management, the whole concept is that it should be frightening when you realize that you are low on ammo and have a full inventory but you have to make it through an zombie infested hallway and find another item to have you go backtracking to put another item in the box.

The real Resident Evil experience is imho playing on hard with limited saves and limited ammo/heal.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I pre ordered this game on GMG after playing the demo on both Xbox One X and PC. It ran and looked much better on my old PC rig actually so and i can turn off annoying effects like motion blur and chromatic aberration. Aiming with mouse almost makes the shooting and getting headshots trivial, compared to controller.

Cant wait to get my steam key and munch this game all weekend after the 25th.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
why though? playing RE on easy is not really recommended, takes all the steam out of the game. at its core, these are survival titles with inventory management, the whole concept is that it should be frightening when you realize that you are low on ammo and have a full inventory but you have to make it through an zombie infested hallway and find another item to have you go backtracking to put another item in the box.

The real Resident Evil experience is imho playing on hard with limited saves and limited ammo/heal.

Is this Resident Evil gatekeeping? 🤔

I'm more interested in the atmosphere and the story and the puzzles rather than harsh survival gameplay. It's tense enough as it is for me.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018

Jill Players in the original RE1 are baby-people.

Deleted member 13642

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
someone in twitch chat mentioned that the difficulty goes up if you're just breezing through the game, no idea if that's true or not. Kinda hope so, didn't really feel like I was in danger during the demo; but that might be because I was playing conservative as fuck. Each zombie got like 10 more bullets than it strictly needed to

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the original soundtrack and have been debating getting the $69 version for the swap-in OST. Considering many of you have played the demo, do you think the game would feel out of place swapping in the older OST? How is the current music?

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
someone in twitch chat mentioned that the difficulty goes up if you're just breezing through the game, no idea if that's true or not. Kinda hope so, didn't really feel like I was in danger during the demo; but that might be because I was playing conservative as fuck. Each zombie got like 10 more bullets than it strictly needed to

Apparently it's got reactive difficulty

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017

I remember seeing the difficulty thing get mentioned elsewhere as well, though I can't remember the source. Basically like what you're saying: if you're doing well, it's aupposed to get harder; if you're doing poorly, it's supposed to ease up on you. If/when I find the video/source again, I'll update my post.

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017

How could someone possibly know this without playing the full thing?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Adaptive difficulty. RE4 and RE7 have this.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
This demo was so damn intense. Completed it in 22 minutes, no retries, only because I ran past all the imminent zombie groups in terror. Somehow still managed to find the keys.

I reckon this is something I'll pick up once the price has been reduced, in case I'm too freaked out to complete it. I wish the demo has Claire segment as well.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't find the demo very intense. There was way too much ammo and the zombies didn't seem like much of a threat.