• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
No A/B scenario anymore. Both have 1 campaigns and both are basically a mixture of the previous A and B scenarios. Both characters will meet up with each other in the game but they will both only have one scenarios now.

Don't worry about length/variations. Essentially a single scenario for either character will cover pretty much everything you would normally have seen in their A or B scenarios (for example, we have seen Mr. X in both Claire and Leon's campaigns from released footage so far).
Sounds like I'll be picking Claire then. I wonder if they did enough work to make these two scenarios feel distinct.

I know all about the Sherry stuff in the original but other than that I mean.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I really did not like that demo and dont know if I'm going to get the game at launch now.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Demo is PS+ exclusive on PS4. Why???

Whatever. PS4 continues collecting dust and stops being my RE machine, downloading on X.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Crimson Heads would have been awesome.

I'm definitely going to start my first playthrough on hard, with headphones on.

I really hope there are new enemies, especially those Man Spiders that we're cut from 1.5. Those things looked awesome and way creepier than the Lickers.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is this content wise the same demo as OG demo on PS1? I might just pass on it due to the stupid one time thing.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hope they fix the black levels in the full game, every black is grey on non hdr ps4.

I'm replaying OG RE2 lately, finished it 20+ times last month alone.

Remake Leon runs slower, lol. Didn't keep in shape since 98, huh?

Barely hear ambient music(on any sound setting) when nothing's happening(main hall theme when Leon first walks in is iconic), hope they'll fix that. Ambient soundtrack RE2 was a key point in building it's atmosphere.

Demo is very by the wire but we'll see how the flow will be in the full game. Shooting and aiming feel glorious as well as zombie design and behavior. Walking and running is floaty, I'm just used to rigid RE2 controls.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The gore system is out of this freaking world.
You have a fully destructible human body.
Detachted torso, intenstines , broken rib cage everything.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished on PS4, took me 23 minutes, 40 seconds. Thoroughly enjoyed it, I've always loved RE2 but haven't kept up with news much on this. Won't be a day one purchase because of KH3, but I will definitely pick this up.

Performed and looked great on my Pro, though several shots in cutscenes were overly blurry which I'm guessing is some over-aggressive DoF.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm annoyed by two things with the demo:

1- HDR causes raised black levels, can only get perfect blacks using SDR

2- Zombies animate at a lower (30?) fps when far away and it can be jarring at times
Hope they fix the black levels in the full game, every black is grey on non hdr ps4.

Barely hear ambient music(on any sound setting) when nothing's happening(main hall theme when Leon first walks in is iconic), hope they'll fix that. Ambient soundtrack RE2 was a key point in building it's atmosphere.

Demo is very by the wire but we'll see how the flow will be in the full game. Shooting and aiming feel glorious as well as zombie design and behavior. Walking and running is floaty, I'm just used to rigid RE2 controls.

Nobody noticed the grey black levels in the footage before the demo because we didn't get any footage that was in actual HDR. With HDR off the black levels are better but even then they still area nearing very dark grey for me, far from pitch black. And that's with TVs brightness set to - 2.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017

So even without HDR the blacks still look grey?

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
The gore system is out of this freaking world.
You have a fully destructible human body.
Detachted torso, intenstines , broken rib cage everything.
MR-BURNS2.jpg

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
I'm guessing this is the base Xbox and PS4 versions running in uncapped mode. Therefore the solid 60fps on Pro and X, the unfortunate side though: 900p on X vs 1080p on Pro.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So even without HDR the blacks still look grey?
Super grey, looks washed out bad. It's the demo setting. Right when I boot the game there's black screen for a second before it loads(dashboard black screen), it is indeed black then when the game boots it switches to this awful gray even before the logo pops up. Their brightness setting don't fix it I tried. It's Capcom mess up but should be fixed in the full game.

My PS4's black levels are fine. You only need to switch to dashboard during demo to see how proper black levels should look.

Oct 26, 2017
If it's indeed not a enhanced demo, I find it looking pretty damn impressive for a Xbox One game. 60fps (locked pretty much) and not nearly as blurry as you would expect from 900p.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Someone asked earlier in this thread and I can't find it now. But to answer his/her question, Steam version will natively support 21:9 aspect ratio ultra wide monitor.

The demo will also offer a plethora of graphics tweak options that should allow it to support a wide range of PC configuration and visual preferences.

The demo will be released in about 45 minutes from now.

Edit: fixed typo.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Amazingly this was my first time ever playing RE2. The game initially came out while I had just graduated college and living life to the fullest, so I did not play it at the time.
I will no doubt be picking this up just based on the 30 minutes.

Anyone else play it using Atmos as the sound?
The only thing I noticed was on the XBox One X with Atmos chosen as the sound, the gun sound was really, really weak. It also seemed to happen a split second after actually shooting. I know this is a demo, and it said as much, but just wondering if anyone else with Atmos enabled noticed this issue or not?
With that said, I do have this very annoying issue where at random times my X will reset the sound settings, on reddit people believe it is a handshake issue, so I booted the demo up, realized it was not on Atmos, went into my audio settings while the game was still running and changed it, and never restarted the game. So I am wondering if that is why the gun sound was really pretty awful, or if that is just how the gun is supposed to normally sound?

That was just a super small thing and nowhere near enough to not make me pick the game up. So looking forward to playing this game for the first time. The only question is do I get it on release or wait to see if there is a price drop a few months after release. Money is pretty tight and I have a bunch of other games I am currently still playing. However truth is I doubt I will be able to wait and I will probably pick this up on Day 1, I am that excited to dive in and experience it for the first time.

Feb 3, 2018
Someone asked earlier in this thread and I can't find it now. But to answer his/her question, Steam version will natively support 21:9 aspect ratio ultra wide monitor.

The demo will also offer a plethora of graphics tweak options that should allow it to support a wide PC configuration and visual preferences.

The demo will be released in about 45 minutes from now.

Ok but seriously guys what's with this only play it once gimmick I really don't understand how you came to this decision ?