• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully these come soon. I'm on a resi fix and I dont want to wait too long to play 7 with RT.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Would take content added to RE2/3 over village any day, as Village felt like it was already complete and feature rich. Also, we are getting an R4make so I'd rather Capcom pad that out with the Village content as we probably won't ever get to see Raccoon City ever again.

Fixing RE3 would be a gargantuan task, but RE2 would be very reasonable, as they can build off and rework that cut content that was already made into Leon and Clair's campaigns to tell a full cohesive story. They don't even need to do the A and B routes.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Oh shit capcom showing how next gen upgrades should be done.

Time for another RE2R playthrough (without that weird SSR artifacting hopefully)

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
As a newcomer to the franchise (currently playing through the RE4 HD Project for the first time and loving it), where should I go next? RE1? Am I right in understanding that RE1 Remake got an HD remaster in 2015? Why isn't that game included in this "update"?

I'm playing on PC, if that matters.
The RE1 remake HD remaster is a remaster of a GameCube game and it utilized prerendered environments so there isn't really that much more that even could be done to that games visuals.

I would say jump to RE1 remake next. I'll even go a step further and say give tank controls a shot before switching to what are the new default controls for the game. The reason I say that is you're coming from RE4 which also has tank controls but just feels different to some folks because of the camera being locked to the back of Leon. And with tank controls in RE1 you will be able to move more smoothly through different camera angles as that's how the game was originally designed to be played. That said, if you find yourself hating tank controls then by all means use the new default movement controls as they work well and most people find them favorable.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up the double pack of 2 & 3 on PS4 when there were rumblings of this a few months ago so good news!

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Wow. I doubt it will have a significant effect on sales (the games are "old" and already sold really well), but Capcom did this anyway.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect. Guess I'll hold off my playthroughs of 2 and 3 until then.

Last edited:

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
It's too annoying not to give a release date after great announcements like that.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I found RE2 to be an incredible looking game on PS4 Pro already so I'm looking forward to seeing this.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Im... mildly annoyed. I remember there was a thread a while back about wishing Xbox Smart Delivery was not automatic, so I could keep the games on my external drive. Not looking forward to picking and choosing what to save and delete on my SSD.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
RE VII never got an update for Xbox One X, right? Which means that even on Series X, players were stuck playing the Xbox One version.

This should be a pretty substantial upgrade in that case, even if it's just resolution.

RE3R is on sale on PSN for $15, BTW.

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
As a newcomer to the franchise (currently playing through the RE4 HD Project for the first time and loving it), where should I go next? RE1? Am I right in understanding that RE1 Remake got an HD remaster in 2015? Why isn't that game included in this "update"?

I'm playing on PC, if that matters.
There is also a upscale fanproject for RE Remake:
They are using the original GCN files and AI upscaled them.
It looks a lot better then the offical HD release.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
RE VII never got an update for Xbox One X, right? Which means that even on Series X, players were stuck playing the Xbox One version.

This should be a pretty substantial upgrade in that case, even if it's just resolution.

RE3R is on sale on PSN for $15, BTW.

RE7 got a X1X update. It's actually the best place to play console wise now as it's 4K and locked 60FPS on Series X now (a few dips on the 1X

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
What can I say but thank you. Capcom's been doing all the right moves for a very long time (now, if onñy they announced a new Megaman).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually the best place to play console wise now as it's 4K and locked 60FPS on Series X now (a few dips on the 1X
Debateable. Id say despite the graphics hit, PSVR is a vastly better experience, its far more enjoyable and immersive, to the point where going back and playing RE8 on a TV felt like a real step back.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh thank god. The SSR effect in those games is *hideous*. RT will fix that. I own all of these on Xbox and PC, so yay for me.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, can't wait to feel the haptic vibrations as Jill gets facefucked and impregnated by disgusting bug monsters and vored by a giant skinned Harvey Weinstein in 4K with RT. Domo, Capcom-sama.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I've been playing a lot of RE2 on my Series X, hunting for achievements. The game already looks/plays amazing, I'm pretty sure it's One X enhanced. Wonder how they can even make it better and if I'd even notice haha, it already looks that damn good.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
guess my RE3 playthrough can wait a bit longer, maybe ill keep it for Halloween this year

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Based Dusk Golem 🙏

Been waiting on the RE7 update, can't wait to go through it again. RE2 will reeeally benefit from RT as well

Oct 30, 2017
FUCK YEAH !!!!

Have them physically on PS4, all upgraded and replay RE2R and RE3R... thank you Capcom :D

But, can you "please" fix the bug in RE2R that save room music stops playing for good after it plays for few seconds at the first time?

It's such an amazing save room theme...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK YEAH !!!!

Have them physically on PS4, all upgraded and replay RE2R and RE3R... thank you Capcom :D

But, can you "please" fix the bug in RE2R that save room music stops playing for good after it plays for few seconds at the first time?

It's such an amazing save room theme...

oh god I would love that.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Great news! Grabbed the 2&3 bundle on PSN last month when it was on sale. Price seemed lower than the usual sale price so I assumed something was coming up.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The zed doesn't seem to be reflected on the wall in one of the screen, so I guess Ray-traced reflection is out of the question

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I wonder if Sony will try to pull a FF7 situation with RE7 (both titles with 7 in their name in fact lol) because you have it in your instant game collection claimed on PS5 you don't get the free upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.