• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

www.gematsu.com

Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard coming to PS5 and Xbox Series in 2022

Capcom will release Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series in 2022, the company announced.
ALl three titles will include "cutt-ing-edge features" such as ray-tracing, high frame rate, and 3D audio. The PlayStation 5 versions will also feature DualSense support for haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Hell yeah. That's the way it should be for all cross-gen updates.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thank god it's free. Fully expected Capcom to charge me.

Hopefully there's a save transfer option from PS4 to PS5. I want my free platinums.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Oooh, neat. Maybe it's time I pick up RE3 then

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Already have the platinum trophy for all 3 games.....So of course I'm going to play them all again 🤣 These are some of my favorite games of all time. Resident Evil 2 classic OST + Polygon costume run lets go!!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
what are the enhancements though

Presumably a bump up to real 4k. They're already 60fps.

Remember that RE3 launched at native 4k/60fps on Xbox One X and they had to update it to lower it because the performance wasn't where you'd want it. So I guess restoring that at the least.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I was literally gonna start playing 3 today. I ordered on BF for cheap, but I guess I'll just push it back into the backlog if the upgrade is free.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
This is amazing news, I hope the shimmering is fixed in these versions. Even on PC the IQ just wasn't there.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Re getting enchancements Meanwhile dmc5 still hasnt had all the dmc 5 se additions addedto the pc version besides vergil in a year. Come on capcom

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Awesome. Got 2 and 3 on PC so it will be interesting to see how they improve it even more.

Oh, but I'm guessing PS+ RE7 owners are screwed?

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
So all of the changes to the SteamDB entries for months were actually for something!

I'm shocked!

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It'll be interesting to see if the upgraded PS5 version will retain the PSVR mode. I doubt it, but I'd love to be suprised. I started the VR mode last year over back-compat plus and it worked like a charm.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Delicious, I still have the Claire run to do out of this trio of games I own on Xbox.

I also own RE7 Gold on PS4 w/ a PSVR... I forget if PS5 enhancements are possible with PSVR1, but that would be a great reason to finally attach the old camera dongle to my PS5D.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
I never finished RE2 on PS4 so I'll gladly take that upgrade and complete the game on PS5

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
These games already look so good, can't imagine how good RE4R will look. Maybe we'll get an announcement soon.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Nice! will replay them when it launches. Fucking fell in love with RE last year

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nice hopefully we get save transfer and free trophies too, 3 more platinums for me

Damn that reminds me... I need to do the banned footage

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Capcom, please give me a PSVR2 version of RE7 too.

I wonder about the graphical upgrades these games will receive, because they all look gorgeous already.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
That's pretty awesome, especially that they're also coming to pc, for a sec I thought we were gonna be left out. Regardless this is dope and capcom continues to make me happy.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I would kill for them to add an option to skip cutscenes in RE7, but looks like just straight visuals

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Probably just some RT and what not.
Honestly, for RE2 remake in particular ray traced reflections would be HUGE. As gorgeous as that game is it has some of the most dog shit looking reflections and reflective surfaces I've seen in a big AAA game in quite some time. That stuff was largely fine in RE3 remake and even in RE7 but it was always staggering to me just how bad some of that stuff was in RE2 remake.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if I have the games on disc and I go through with the upgarde, will I need to still put the discs in the drive to play the digital versions?

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
If I can't play an enhanced version of RE7 on the PSVR2, this update will actually be a downgrade from the PSVR1 version (not exaggerating).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed for PC VR…

It'll be interesting to see if the upgraded PS5 version will retain the PSVR mode. I doubt it, but I'd love to be suprised. I started the VR mode last year over back-compat plus and it worked like a charm.
If it's a native PS5 version, then it won't support PSVR1. Only PS4 games can support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.