• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how many will be checking this thread, and if the OT would be a better place, but CDKeys at least are now sending out the keys. Got mine three hours ago.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there'll be a day 1 Nividia driver release ?
You followed the settings posted above and are still seeing an elevated black level in the demo? Could you post screenshots of the settings you're using and how the game looks?
That makes me wonder if something else is at play, because those settings that I posted put black at 0 without clipping shadow detail (and are the only ones which do so).
You can reset it by disabling cloud saves, deleting the saves from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your steam id>\961440\remote\win64_save\" and clearing the achievements with Steam Achievement Manager.
Sorry for the late reply.

umm, i not up to re-downloading the demo, sorry. But i'll take some screen shots when i play the full game for you.

Dijital_Majik

Oct 27, 2017
Got my key today, ready for friday.

Also, could someone help me with the Dolby Atmos in this game? I remember the demo having the option, but didn't really mess around with it as it mentioned needing a specific setup. If I'm on headphones (Cloud 2s), would this be a better setting than binaural? And if so, would I need the Dolby Atmos app on the windows store, or is it built-in like Overwatch?

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The game has unlocked everywhere but the Americas. To unlock it early:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server outside America
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Edit: No longer necessary.

Last edited:

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm downloading the digital Deluxe ver on Steam when it's done will the extra content you get with it and pre-order automatically unlock or do I need to download an extra pack or something?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Need to decide between 4K/HDR on TV with controller or 1440p mouse/keyboard. Definitely prefer playing with a mouse and keyboard but also want the whole experience. Need to pick up that PG27UQ already.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
I'm making that push to get as much of my classwork done as possible before this game comes out. I want no distractions.

Edit - whoops wrong thread but my point still stands lol

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Any HDR impressions? On a 2080Ti and Asus PG27UQ here, and I'm not expecting any trouble at all with the game, but I know that there was concern about black levels. I played the demo on my One X, but never got around to the PC versions, but bought it anyway!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

What's the best VPN to use, if all I want to do is play in the US for the next few hours and not have a lot of junk installed on my PC?

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So did anyone play yet, is it really like the demo? That ran so well, I hope they didn't change anything, wrote my settings down and everything too...

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

5) Unlock the game

Do I need to change passwords if I don't have the Steam mobile app at all ?

luminosity

Oct 30, 2017

5) Unlock the game

I did everything here except change my password. It's not working for me.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
What's the best VPN to use, if all I want to do is play in the US for the next few hours and not have a lot of junk installed on my PC?

F-Secure or TunnelBear.

Do I need to change passwords if I don't have the Steam mobile app at all ?

Probably not.

I did everything here except change my password. It's not working for me.

You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

luminosity

Oct 30, 2017
F-Secure or TunnelBear.

Probably not.

You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

Thanks, it's working now!

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys need to enable windows sonic audio for games sound to work?

Edit: Audio driver update fixed it.

Last edited:

nattydread011

Dec 25, 2017
Variable frame rate seems to cause cloth physics stuttering. Just noticed it on Leon's default starting jacket / top. Not sure if it happens anywhere else but capping it ingame fixes it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what is going on, but with reasonable settings (also have the resolution set to 2160p @ 80%), I can get the game to lurch all the way down to 8fps by simply mashing "A" near a door at the start. Also, during one of the early in engine cutscenes, the frame rate jumps between 38 - 60 and the frame times start spiking all over the place, while GPU utilization is only 75%. Wonder if my 9600K is showing its "bargain" quality right now, because this is pretty bad. The game basically stays at 60fps except in these weird instances, and I don't really understand what exactly would be causing them, because they aren't particularly demanding compared to any other area or scene.

That's with DX11. DX12...LOL, foreget it. Nvidia also doesn't have any specific drivers for it yet.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
anyway i can avoid these kind of effect? I can see water shining on the right, even though it's in darkness

oJidfS7.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Ah, right. If you have PayPal, I can send you a gift copy of the international version.

Late edit: Alternatively, you can pick up a key from CD Keys or wherever and activate it with a VPN (you'll be able to play the game without the VPN).

This is what I did last night, can't confirm if the version they sent was the international one yet though... or the CERO D verison lol. Middle of the work day atm.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I kind of want to wait for the new drivers before starting. Is raytracing and DLSS too much to hope for at this point?

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So did anyone play yet, is it really like the demo? That ran so well, I hope they didn't change anything, wrote my settings down and everything too...
No change at all for me, I got some dips during cutscenes to 57 FPS, otherwise completely locked 60 FPS so far. Phew.

I really recommend to set it to rec 709, even if you don't calibrate anything, it makes a huge difference for the better imo.

Not sure what is going on, but with reasonable settings (also have the resolution set to 2160p @ 80%), I can get the game to lurch all the way down to 8fps by simply mashing "A" near a door at the start. Also, during one of the early in engine cutscenes, the frame rate jumps between 38 - 60 and the frame times start spiking all over the place, while GPU utilization is only 75%. Wonder if my 9600K is showing its "bargain" quality right now, because this is pretty bad. The game basically stays at 60fps except in these weird instances, and I don't really understand what exactly would be causing them, because they aren't particularly demanding compared to any other area or scene.

That's with DX11. DX12...LOL, foreget it. Nvidia also doesn't have any specific drivers for it yet.

Yeah, that is weird, I doubt it's your cpu to be honest, I have a Ryzen 3 and it runs buttery smooth... (at 1080p)

I don't have a solution, though it shouldn't do that I guess, but maybe 2160p is a little bit too much for this game?
Try lowering some settings maybe.

PS: check CPU usage with Afterburner or something

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the full game yet, but from the demo I'm a bit confused as to what I'm supposed to set the in-game audio to if I'm using either Windows Sonic Headphones for Windows or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Is the in-game spatial sound separate from those other system level options?

Should I just put it to stereo in-game or something else in order for either Dolby or Windows Spatial sound to be fed the right type of audio?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No change at all for me, I got some dips during cutscenes to 57 FPS, otherwise completely locked 60 FPS so far. Phew.

I really recommend to set it to rec 709, even if you don't calibrate anything, it makes a huge difference for the better imo.

Yeah, that is weird, I doubt it's your cpu to be honest, I have a Ryzen 3 and it runs buttery smooth... (at 1080p)

I don't have a solution, though it shouldn't do that I guess, but maybe 2160p is a little bit too much for this game?
Try lowering some settings maybe.

I'm not running it at 2610p. The output resolution is that, but the actual rendering resolution is closer to 1700p. Even setting it to output and render at 1440p is causing the same issue, and my GPU utilization isn't even above 75% most of the time. CPU is showing 42% max. I'm using a GTX 1080 Ti. I turned the shadows down from the second rank of "High" to the first rank of "High", and that seems to have stopped the really bad spikes for the most part (no 8fps shit), although I can't keep it from dropping below 60fps at times still, despite the fact that nothing is even hitting 80% utilization. Tried shadow cache on/off and also lowered volumetric lighting to medium.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Man am I happy I clicked on this thread or else I would have been sitting here until midnight. I have PIA VPN and was just able to connect to the UK didn't have to log out of anything or change my password it just worked.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not running it at 2610p. The output resolution is that, but the actual rendering resolution is closer to 1700p. Even setting it to output and render at 1440p is causing the same issue, and my GPU utilization isn't even above 75% most of the time. CPU is showing 42% max. I'm using a GTX 1080 Ti. I turned the shadows down from the second rank of "High" to the first rank of "High", and that seems to have stopped the really bad spikes for the most part (no 8fps shit), although I can't keep it from dropping below 60fps at times still, despite the fact that nothing is even hitting 80% utilization. Tried shadow cache on/off and also lowered volumetric lighting to medium.
I see, well, set shadows to low and volumetric lighting also to low and see if it helps, I really think the game is pretty demanding, still weird of course since you don't hit 100% utilization anywhere.
Still, I would try that, I know when I play something at 1440p, shadows and anti aliasing are the first things to turn down without having a huge impact on image quality.

Did you try the demo, did that run better for you if so?

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have the full game yet, but from the demo I'm a bit confused as to what I'm supposed to set the in-game audio to if I'm using either Windows Sonic Headphones for Windows or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Is the in-game spatial sound separate from those other system level options?

Should I just put it to stereo in-game or something else in order for either Dolby or Windows Spatial sound to be fed the right type of audio?
honestly the game's binaural/3D audio implementation is so good i would just disable any other processing/simulated surround and just enable the games binaural sound option for headphones

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Does anyone know if the Vignette removal mod patcher will work with the full game .exe?

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017

So, after I updated my audio drivers for Windows 1809 setup is working perfectly. I turned off Windows Spatial sound before Audio driver update I had to have this on which I did not want since it's lower quality and adds more processing.

What I would recommend:

Leave Audio Options to default for Headphones (If you're using headphones), with Binaural Audio on (Headphones). As long as everything is playing back perfectly you're good to go.

If you're having issues using Windows 1809 like me look for audio driver update on your MB manufacturers website. My one had audio drivers for windows 1809.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thats one shitty ass filter the game has.

queenshade

46141742204_dc6954b4fd_o.png

without reshade

46814648552_a0ff2253ac_o.png
Honestly, the second shot looks like the default settings, first shot looks like rec 709.

It's a huge difference though obviously!

I'm getting stuttering even in the menus for some reason. I've got a gtx 1060, Core i5-6500, 16gb ram, windows 8.1 on DX11. It can reach 60-90 fps, but there's always a random 10 frame dip that randomly shows up when I turn corners or go up stairs or anywhere. Doesn't go away even when I set all the settings to low and cap at 60fps. No other games I've played experience this so I'm really stumped.

Maybe I should upgrade to Windows 10 and test out DX12? It's just so weird.
DX12 won't do anything, but switching to Windows 10 might help.

Also got a 1060 (6GB) and no issues here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
honestly the game's binaural/3D audio implementation is so good i would just disable any other processing/simulated surround and just enable the games binaural sound option for headphones
So, after I updated my audio drivers for Windows 1809 setup is working perfectly. I turned off Windows Spatial sound before Audio driver update I had to have this on which I did not want since it's lower quality and adds more processing.

What I would recommend:

Leave Audio Options to default for Headphones (If you're using headphones), with Binaural Audio on (Headphones). As long as everything is playing back perfectly you're good to go.

If you're having issues using Windows 1809 like me look for audio driver update on your MB manufacturers website. My one had audio drivers for windows 1809.

OK, thanks. I wasn't having driver issues, but I did buy the Dolby Atmos unlock and want to use whatever simulated 3D works best and wanted to avoid double-processing the audio.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a lot of stuttering whenever i enter the Main Hall of the RPD, anyone else experiencing this?

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Honestly, the second shot looks like the default settings, first shot looks like rec 709.

It's a huge difference though obviously!

DX12 won't do anything, but switching to Windows 10 might help.

Also got a 1060 (6GB) and no issues here.

I upgraded to 10 which made the HDR function work properly since it looks amazing now, so that's awesome. Alas, the stuttering remains. However, this game has almost 90-100% usage on all my i5-6500 cores with only 50-40% on the GPU so I'm betting that's whats pulling me down. Gonna upgrade to a Ryzen 5 CPU and compatible motherboard which is a pain, but if there's any game worth doing it for it would be this one.

Luke76bg

Oct 29, 2017
i'm uncertain if remove the vignette when the tool will be updated or not, with vignette the game it's much more oppressive and atmospheric. What do you think ?