• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many of those 3 million are just alt accounts, I wonder

OP
OP
dmr87

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I also played it on two platforms, guessing I'm not alone.

But I think it's going to do well, all of us late 20s early 30s nostalgia nerds are going to show up.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is why they made the demo a one-shot only type demo. They knew the number of downloads would be inflated by alt accounts, but people who may not know of the demo details will look at the 3 million and be impressed enough to consider checking the game out.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
The demo was alright. Wish I could play it more. IS there a good reason why I can't play it again? Right now the only thing I'm convinced of is that I can wait till the game gets a nice discount some other time this year.

Oct 25, 2017
It was a solid demo. I love demos. There should be more demos in general. Give me a morsel so I know if I like the taste.
This was a tasty morsel.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
I hope it does good. I think this is going to be the best RE title in a long long time.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god for that trainer, couldn't get enough of this demo. Was about to say I played it more than most demos in years then realized oh yeah that's cause demos don't really exist anymore for the most part :/

And of course due to multiple accounts who knows what accurate metrics can be gleaned from these numbers wrt unique number of users. Here's hoping we see a resurgence of demos being used in general.

The wait for Thurs is crawling.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Very good news for the game and those behind it.

I didn't bother because it'd take me longer to download it than I would play it

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
To clarify, the numbers we reveal here are unique downloads as reported by respective first party platforms. So alt. accounts on the same platform doesn't count.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
The tease of having you be able to collect 2 of the 3 items needed to complete one of the main puzzles was terrible but it totally worked because I can't wait to get those medals baby

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, the numbers we reveal here are unique downloads as reported by respective first party platforms. So alt. accounts on the same platform doesn't count.
sR23KNN.gif

will0wis

Nov 1, 2017
Brazil
Here in my country (Brasil), it still says 25th. Maybe in some regions?

That's weird. When I pre-ordered the game (Brazil also) a few days ago it really was saying 24th in the store page and now it's back to 25th. Unfortunately I've got no screenshots to back that up, but I specifically remember this bit of information.

I didn't look again, so until minutes ago I was seriously thinking that I would be playing the game on thursday, then I read your posts and saw that it wasn't the case lol.