• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Half price in a sale is my biting point - and the price they should have launched at - already bought these multiple times across the generations
That amazing Capcom Switch Support

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
When it went up for preorder I saw the price, winced, and then bought it immediately.

I am basically the problem.

I just imagined this
e96.gif

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Well i hope the QTE issue isn't a thing on the switch version for RE4 now that we know it's 60.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
The ports are all based off of modern console releases in terms of features, visual/texture fidelity, and in RE4's case performance. So yes, short answer is RE4 runs at 60fps.
Hey, someone from capcom usa...maybe tell your bosses that consumers on the Switch aren't idiots, and I'm not paying $30 for a digital only release, of a 15 year old game, which has been $20 on multiple other platforms numerous times.

Also, maybe find out whose bright idea it was to put RE0 on the cartridge, instead of RE1, the better of the 2 games. Stop passing the costs onto consumers.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Only getting the Origins collection and until it's half off.

No way I'm paying more than that when REmake isn't on a card.

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
I'll buy RE4 (for the first time) when they bother to make a physical version. This is a multi-mil company. There is no excuse for this crap.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have these on PS4 so I'll be avoiding Switch versions but I hope (despite the price) people playing for first time love them. 🙏💕
I kinda would love REmake portable but I gotta platinum it.

nightopian

Oct 25, 2017
Gyro would have been nice. No real excuse to not have that. Same deal with not having a physical release for all of them (not half the game on the card, etc). Price is too high for these games, Capcom.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I will buy Resident Evil 4 at a low price, when it's on sale. Really unhappy with how half-assed and exploitative this crop of Switch Resident Evil releases is -- I know Capcom can do better.

A+ OT title, though.

Oct 25, 2017

While people review their official dossier on what to say the RE4 port actually has before launch, We just got confirmation.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
No physical release, no gyro controls, no visual enhancements. NO THX CAPCOM, NO F THANKS!

If they give me any notice of REmak3, we'll be ok again :)

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Two questions. Is RE4 a port of the Gamecube or PS2 version? Are some of the reload animations still stuck at 30 FPS like on the PS4/ Xbone versions?

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Two questions. Is RE4 a port of the Gamecube or PS2 version? Are some of the reload animations still stuck at 30 FPS like on the PS4/ Xbone versions?

They're one and the same. The Gamecube and PS2 didn't run faster that 30 fps; and the reason why the new versions certain animations are locked to 30 comes from its roots on the Gamecube.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I just wish Capcom would've put in the effort to redo the Ada cutscenes, they are really jarring.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They're one and the same. The Gamecube and PS2 didn't run faster that 30 fps; and the reason why the new versions certain animations are locked to 30 comes from its roots on the Gamecube.
I should have specified that there's a split in the different versions of the game. The PC, Playstation and Xbox versions all come from thr PS2 version while the Wii version comes from the Gamecube version. The only real difference is that the audio was compressed and killed surround sound in the PS2 version and that has gone on to impact the HD versions. It's one of the reasons why I still consider the Wii version the best because it sounds a lot better.

I was hoping the Switch version was closer to the Gamecube/ Wii version because, you know, Nintendo but I guess not.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
They should port REmake 2 on the Switch, it would be a continuation of the incredible PS1 to N64 conversion