• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Now here is some serious shit.
o4Nzx2Y.png
Unfortunately only works at native res and in windowed mode.

I may take some pics.
Edit: I actually already made pics.
jAiZJ3y.png

e0Q1Ft9.png

Yeah, the effect itself looks nice like with other games.

Edit:
Quick bad vid of Demon's Souls in RPCS3

Thanks for the DkS2 shots! Super cool that it can be used with demon's Souls as well!

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Nioh sliding comparison links:

Scene one

Scene two | alternate

The difference is even larger in motion; there's a real sense of depth to the game with the shader on.

I'm loving this!

There's still that huge minus in foggy zones where the AO and global illumination seem to draw on top of fog, which can look very poor.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Nioh sliding comparison links:

Scene one

Scene two | alternate

The difference is even larger in motion; there's a real sense of depth to the game with the shader on.

I'm loving this!

There's still that huge minus in foggy zones where the AO and global illumination seem to draw on top of fog, which can look very poor.

Links don't work, FYI. At least for me.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is blowing my mind. I think Elite Dangerous would benefit greatly from this "fake" RT implementation.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw this video

And i am wondering can you achieve better results with ReShade toolset (except shadow resolution and draw distance).

Oct 26, 2017
Turista (MP Map) from Infinite Warfare

Before

W7HXKZ.png

After

W7HbPP.png

We are not worthy. 🤯

This is a good example of where I don't like it, the top screen is already doing a realistic amount of baked GI, the shader is improving the AO but it's just making the colours look weird, there's much cheaper ways if you want to oversaturate the image.
It's also lighting up plants from a red lens flare I think? But that can't be helped if you only have the final image to work from.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
This is a good example of where I don't like it, the top screen is already doing a realistic amount of baked GI, the shader is improving the AO but it's just making the colours look weird, there's much cheaper ways if you want to oversaturate the image.
Yeah just blindly attaching additional lighting without game specific tuning according to other methods used can look a bit weird. But I think ground truth isn't something Reshade users are looking for anyway.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I have to say, MXAO makes a huge difference in AC:Odyssey. Vanilla, the world and lighting look very flat, MXAO gives it some well needed depth. I made some comparison shots, but the in game and the uPlay screenshot tools don't capture the reshade stuff.

Will try fraps later after work and post it here. It's well worth the performance hit.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
AC: Odyssey Vanilla vs reshade with MXAO. I'm so glad stuff like this is possible on PC.

Edit: Huh, how can I make the comparison better, like the other posts here where it switches automatically between both screenshots?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Dead Rising benefits a ton from this, although there are some shading artifacts from stuff occluding the camera view, especially from the character. The zombies also almost always have some sort of shadow around them. But the environments look so much better .
HDrdVKx.png

Video:

Last edited:

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
The AO is rather aggressive here when it's on, not to mention more saturated. I much prefer the look of the original.

Something like Skyrim (SE) would definitely benefit from the reshade though, considering how unsaturated most of the assets look to begin with.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
The AO is rather aggressive here when it's on, not to mention more saturated. I much prefer the look of the original.

Something like Skyrim (SE) would definitely benefit from the reshade though, considering how unsaturated most of the assets look to begin with.
You can adjust the intensity of each effect

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
wTd23XC.png

Katamari Damacy looks incredible. I guess it's the optimal title, almost completely lacking any sort of shading in its original form.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with a Magelight spell cast in Skyrim with pathrtracing comparison???

OP
OP
Tokyo_Funk

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝

Here's a vid of Katamari Damacy. I think it's my favourite example yet, along with Half-Life 1 and Jedi Outcast. Those are the ones that produce really good results and I'd just play through them with this shader even at this early development stage.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
This is insane. Definitely buying this.

Any talks of the developer imementing actual hardware RT Core RTX support?

Also, more Witcher 3 Please!

Last edited:

Riflen

Nov 13, 2017
Any talks of the developer imementing actual hardware RT Core RTX support?

My understanding is limited, but I think that is beyond the abilities of Reshade. For RTX support to be worth doing, you'd have to use the GPU architecture properly, as it was intended to be used. That requires closer integration with the game code than Reshade is able to achieve.

I found this post from the creator in answer to a question on the Reshade forums:

Mind Blowing! Looks amazing! Bet the performance hit is huge but it looks so damn good. And I read a while back someone said it couldn't be done via shader. Any ATA on this or is this for private use only?

Probably I told you that it wasn't possible - referring to actual scene ray tracing like RTX does it, this here is screen-space ray tracing, it can't intersect any object, just the ones in the screen and only the side that's visible to the camera.

So although some basic principles might be shared, this shader and what we would call 'RTX' are kind of very distant cousins. They're designed to do a somewhat similar thing using different approaches.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 with the new version of the shader.
Also removed the green tint lol.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like this thing is getting decently popular. There should be a repository of "recommended settings, by version #" while this is still in its early days. I'm willing to do an OK amount of fiddling, but not many people are. That, and some results can just come out looking nasty, like the recent DF Crysis video showcasing the mod.

Two game suggestions for anyone who cares: Nier: Automata and FFXV (all the Nvidia stuff on, if you can). Nier especially - I know it uses its own extremely intensive GI solution that is already tweak-able in FAR, but it would still be interesting to see.