• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

tenor.gif

Era has good taste.
9QMBWuV.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Jill is probably the most famous RE character. RE3 had a huge market push when it came out, at least where I live. She and Nemesis were on billboards, TV, big cutouts of them were in the mall in front of all the game stores. No other RE game got nearly that much public attention here. She was certainly the first RE character I was aware of as a kid.
She's not my number 1, but I can't say she doesn't deserve it.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018
When you do the same thing 4 times in a row, I guess that qualifies as a personality.
How is Leon any different?!
Oh, the fourth time he get's involved in a biohazard attack it's voluntary insted of accidental, the sixth time he was also framed for murder.
He still acts like a cardboard cutout that ocasionaly tries to make one liners.

Like him or disslike him Chris at least emotes.

Jun 4, 2018
I'm so sorry for not being able to participate in the ranking, but am, again, very glad you put this all together! Jill coming in ahead of Leon is a bit surprising, but they're both great characters. I'm more of a Jill fan than a Leon one, in general, but was unaware that so many others felt the same. Also, Steve ranking ahead of Ethan is damning... Truly an indictment on the faceless protagonist.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
How is Leon any different?!
Oh, the fourth time he get's involved in a biohazard attack it's voluntary insted of accidental, the sixth time he was also framed for murder.
He still acts like a cardboard cutout that ocasionaly tries to make one liners.

Like him or disslike him Chris at least emotes.

Because Leon didn't do the same thing 4 times in a row.

In the RE series, it's always the pot calling the kettle black.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jill getting number 1 is no surprise. Leon beating Chris is sweet sweet deliciousness. Dope jackets and the best quips this side of Spidey have done it again. MY BOY!

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
I'm heartbroken to see all of my favorites not even making into top 5, what the hell, man? ;__;

Well, at least the amazon and Master of Unlocking somehow is #1.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jill won despite being used essentially as eye candy for not one nor two but three entries of the series. Geez. At least RE3 is great, but Revelations 1 is trash and Jill in RE5 is trash. Not that Leon winning would've been much better either, but his only bad turn was in RE4.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone putting it together. Really well done.

In the end it's all in good spirits. What I've always liked about this series is it's sense of legacy. I mean, how often do you get to play as a character when their 19 or 20 something and then again when they're in their late 30's/40's. Are the personalites pretty much all paper thin? Yeah, they're not on the level of someone like Geralt but it's still neat.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Amazing job Ada! That was a ton of fun. I would like to point out that Jill's median and mode was 3, Leon's was 1 and Wesker 2. Jill clearly just has less haters than the others, she is not the clear favorite.

I get Jill is iconic but she is no Claire. She kind of a generic super woman. In RE5 she is mostly brain washed. Revelations 1 is a mess. RE1 and RE3 are great but RE2 and RECV are better.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Amazing job Ada! That was a ton of fun. I would like to point out that Jill's median and mode was 3, Leon's was 1 and Wesker 2. Jill clearly just has less haters than the others, she is not the clear favorite.

I get Jill is iconic but she is no Claire. She kind of a generic super woman. In RE5 she is mostly brain washed. Revelations 1 is a mess. RE1 and RE3 are great but RE2 and RECV are better.

Of course she is no Claire, that's why she was top 1.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking roller coaster of emotions reading through these rankings was... I have to say, the right character won out in the end. Though I am a little devastated that Rebecca didn't make it into the top 5.

Can we give some kind of award to AdaWong? A ton of elbow grease and hustle went into this thread. I'm really impressed with how much care she put into it. Really great stuff...

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What a fucking roller coaster of emotions reading through these rankings was... I have to say, the right character won out in the end. Though I am a little devastated that Rebecca didn't make it into the top 5.

Can we give some kind of award to AdaWong? A ton of elbow grease and hustle went into this thread. I'm really impressed with how much care she put into it. Really great stuff...

I'm still waiting to see her voting!

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I really like Jill in RE1 and RE3 but she only went downhill from there IMO. Her redesigns got worse and worse and her personality became bland.

Leon, meanwhile, consistently gets awesome redesigns and his personality naturally evolves in each game he's in, not counting the movies, anyway. You see him evolve from dorky rookie cop to overly snarky agent to someone who levels his experience with some maturity in RE6, but he can never quite get over his crush on Ada, no matter how old he gets or how long he goes without seeing her. Interesting character quirk for someone who seemingly changes so much otherwise.

But Jill is awesome in RE1/3, I will give her that.

Sherry Birkin is a character with a lot of potential, and it's a shame her adult self has only ever been in one game, and that that game was RE6, and that she was paired with Jake of all people. I feel like it hurt her popularity a lot. She was probably the most interesting character in that game.

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
0bkqaM6.png

THE FINAL UPDATE

The Winner's Reveal is Complete:
Jill and Leon's "What Era Thinks" section is now populated for your viewing! Take a look at their reveal posts if you feel like reading what Era thought of our Top 2 respectively.

Navigation on the First Page:
Will be updated shortly for some quick navigations and hotlinks for every reveal! But for now, the full results have been posted there.

Speaking of which, here are the last pieces of graphics:
Animated Elimination Order
giphy.gif

Animated Ranking Order
giphy.gif

THANK YOU:
I saw every single kind mention and message from you guys, whether on Era or Discord! Too many to reply to, but all of you have been so supportive and wonderful and this whole thing, no matter how much effort I've put into it, wouldn't have been half the fun it was if it weren't for your participation.
I seriously mean it; thank YOU.

RESIDENT EVIL 2
I thought of doing these reveals over the course of the few days leading up to the release of Resident Evil 2 on January 25th, but I realized the wait might be frustrating. So I hope doing it all in one (very long) shot was still fun and worth it! This is the definitive RE protagonists ranking for a good while, for now... but the RE villains might want to know where they stand too, no? I guess that's a thought for another day, but until then....

....RESIDENT EVIL 2 HYPE! I'll see you in the OT soon.
ks12j5W.jpg

Last edited: